Bootlegs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle

Reaction score
Ya'll ever just cruise around Ebay and get tempted to at least TRY one? I know it's a long shot that it would even work but I keep looking at the picture of the chicken pet on the screen and think it's kind of cute. Do you have bootlegs? Show me!

I wrote about the software used by these bootlegs here. Whilst the version that I own isn't actually a bootleg, because it's sold as a generic virtual pet and isn't trying to fool anyone into thinking otherwise, it does use the same software as the infamous fake Tamagotchi Connections that are all over eBay and other sites - this is why I tried to view it on its merits as a generic virtual pet, rather than its downfalls from being used in fake Tamagotchis.

I also logged that virtual pet during the first page of my virtual pet log.

They are very, very weird. :p

They are not what you'd expect. The ones that are marketed as "Tamagotchi Connections" are usually 49 or 168 in one pets. The reset button is on the front as well as the back, and it's easy to hit it by mistake. I have one, and it really was not enjoyable to play (at least for me). The best bootleg for me so far is a Q-pet, which is very similar to the + color tama. It has the same shape shell, backlit color screen, and tamagotchi characters, although some are colored differently than on a real tama. It has the same games as the + color. You get to choose language--English or Chinese. You get to choose male or female characters. It does have reset or continue when you replace batteries. If you do get a bootleg, go for the Q-pet.

I enjoy the Q-pet so much that I bought another one (both blue). I wanted to see if the IR connection worked ( it does). No more bootlegs for me though, unless it's really a good one like the Q-pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back