Tamagotchi 2018 Gen 2 Glitches?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you had any issues with the new Tamagotchi rerelease?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneSummerDream

Reaction score
I’ve experienced some strange things while running my 2018 Gen 2 Tamagotchi:

The first time, my Tamagotchi was acting really weird. During the number game the sound effects were way too loud, to the point where the device shook in my hand... It also randomly died on day 3 instead of growing into the next stage, despite all meters being full and not being sick or anything.

The second time around, everything seemed fine. Then, I got Zuccitchi despite having all meters full. The only care miss was putting it to bed late once. When I checked to see what went wrong, to my surprise the discipline bar had dropped all the way to zero despite having it full the night prior.

Going off these two failed runs, it looks like my Tamagotchi is having a software issue where it doesn’t detect the Tamagotchi being cared for/randomly deletes meters I’ve filled.

Is anyone else having problems with their 2018 P2s? Bandai seems to be having quality control issues with this version.

The audio oddness is just a thing that happens with them, and it occasionally happens with the originals, too. I didn't find that to be strange, personally. :p

Anyway, the death is not due to a glitch - one of the tweaks to these remakes, as is known from the Japanese release of these from last November, is that there are penalties for overdoing snacks in the child and teen phases. The early death is due to too many snacks as a child, and too many snacks in general also appear to be countable as care-misses, as far as I can tell. (I assume that the Discipline meter issue is related to this, as they can now also misbehave randomly rather than only on a set schedule, and a lot more than the originals did, but I haven't looked into this a great deal.)

Try again without snacks, or with far fewer, and you'll most likely get a different result.

Last edited by a moderator:
The audio oddness is just a thing that happens with them, and it occasionally happens with the originals, too. I didn't find that to be strange, personally. :p

Anyway, the death is not due to a glitch - one of the tweaks to these remakes, as is known from the Japanese release of these from last November, is that there are penalties for overdoing snacks in the child and teen phases. The early death is due to too many snacks as a child, and too many snacks in general also appear to be countable as care-misses, as far as I can tell. (I assume that the Discipline meter issue is related to this, as they can now also misbehave randomly rather than only on a set schedule, and a lot more than the originals did, but I haven't looked into this a great deal.)

Try again without snacks, or with far fewer, and you'll most likely get a different result.
Oh, that makes sense! Does overdoing snacks also decrease discipline? That would explain my Zuccichi.

The first time definitely caught me offguard since I thought spamming snacks would just result in a bad care character, not death XD

Oh, that makes sense! Does overdoing snacks also decrease discipline? That would explain my Zuccitchi.

The first time definitely caught me offguard since I thought spamming snacks would just result in a bad care character, not death XD

(Sorry for the duplicate post...)

Oh, that makes sense! Does overdoing snacks also decrease discipline? That would explain my Zuccichi.
I haven't looked into it, but I suspect that it might.

I heard about the early death thing when I was looking into picking up one of the Japanese versions of these re-issues, so I knew about it going into the English one as well.

Incidentally, my finding so far has been that you can get away with at least up to six snacks during the child phase (though I haven't yet tried going above that), but you'll definitely get a bad-care character out of it if you go that high.

The 2018s, i've noticed, don't beep when they get sick. I've never had one do it, so i assume they just don't? kind of like how the keitais beep when they poop (even if it's not the attention call).  Seems like there's major differences in what conditions make the different versions call for attention.

another thing i noticed was that after every growth, their discipline bar empties. This happens every time they grow, so i guess it's a feature as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back