batteries

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

memyself&I

Reaction score
I've herd a rumer that the batteries in the us version dont last very long.Is this true?

I would also recommend searching the forums before posting a question like this, as there are already several threads that can answer your question.

I heard this only applied to the first batch of Tamagotchis that came out, including the ones that came with the extra battery. Mine didn't, and I've had it for a week so far. Will see how long it keeps going.

ya thats what ive herd to. That it was only the first batch. But ive also herd that all of them are bad. I have the us version already. Its lasted for almost a month now.

Hey guys...

I was e-mailing Bandai and a tamagotchi site to find this info. out...

I guess I got one of the first batches of Tamagotchis cuz it came with an extra battery. Each battery lasted me three weeks. I got really angry... My old tamagotchi from 96 has been dead for a while... but the connection was brand new. I bought a Duracell battery so hopefully it will last longer?!?

I've herd a rumer that the batteries in the us version dont last very long.Is this true?
Well, it's partly true, but it's not all U.S. versions...just the very first run.

From what I understand, the problem with the batteries dying every couple of weeks is a defect in the first release only. The very first run of Tamagotchi Connections have a constant hum (barely audible) which drains the battery. As far as I know, they've fixed it and the newer ones don't do that. The batteries last a lot longer now.

The way you can know which ones have the battery problem is by the front of the package. The ones with the defect have a spare battery enclosed and a round sticker on the front of the package saying "bonus extra battery enclosed".

-Val (Tinkerville)

The connections still make a constant beeping though... I have the second batch, and it makes the weird sound. I've had my Connection for a little over 3 weeks though, and it's still going strong. I want to know what that beeping is! It's driving me crazy!

So, I bought one of the first batch with the extra batteries. What should be done? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I did too- it SAID it came with extra batteries but it didn't.... I KNEW FINDING THESE AT KBTOYS WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! AHHHHHHHHHH!

we need help...

-Shadowed Suit

wait. just found a battery in one of the packages. sorry for the DP but there's no edit button on these boards, so... augh! the louder Tama had NO battery in it's package... oh darndarndratdarn! D'you think KBtoys will accept my return of a Tama without a package??? if I told them about the problem??

Possibly. I bought mine at target. And my sister, who is an expert when it comes to returns, told me they should take it back or exchange it..

okay. thanks a lot... I've still got the receipt! IT'S A MIRICLE! (lol!) I CAN RETURN IT!!! then again, that means I'll hafta restart my tama... drat drat double-drat... --; oh well. better than paying twice this things worth in batteries, eh?... ^^;

-Shadowed Suit

The connections still make a constant beeping though... I have the second batch, and it makes the weird sound. I've had my Connection for a little over 3 weeks though, and it's still going strong.
Yes, I noticed the second (and later batches) have a beeping sound also, but the sound is a little different. The first batch has a constant beep--one long beep that never pauses (ie: beeeeeeeeeeeeep). But the "fixed" ones seem to beep intermittently (ie: beep...beep...beep...beep...beep). Both beep even when paused.

I have no idea what the beeping is from, but it seems the ones that beep intermittently don't drain the battery the way the constant beeping ones do.

-Val (Tinkerville)

So, I bought one of the first batch with the extra batteries. What should be done? :blink:
First I would listen to it to determine whether it's the long constant beep, or the shorter intermittent beeps. The long constant beep is the bad one.

If yours is the bad kind, I would just take it back to any store that carries them and tell them it's defective and you want to do an even exchange for one that works right.

That's what I did. I didn't even have my receipt. Most stores usually aren't picky about the receipt when you're doing an even exchange. I just told them the truth about the defect and that I was only wanting to exchange it for the same identical item.

-Val (Tinkerville)

Thank you very much. I just checked it. It's the long constant one I'm afraid.. :( I'll probably be taking it back tonight or tommorow. Thanks again for the info, Tinkerville!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back