*Warning: rant ahead*

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagoyaki

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this has just been bugging me for about as long as I've been on this MB. I see it on other MBs, but it's not NEARLY as bad as it is here. Why the heck do 99% of the people here use net slang? I'm sorry, but net slang is NOT cool. It makes you sound stupid, immature, and you can lose all hope of getting respect from other people. Also, the spelling... it makes me want to cry. There is a preview button so you can check your spelling. I understand that not everyone here is from an english-speaking country or is older (though most of the crowd seems to be 12 +), but come on, there are 12 year olds who can type decently and spell correctly. Is it really so hard to just type normally and check your spelling? Bcuz wen u typ lyk ths it mkes it hrd 2 read n ndrstnd wat ur tring 2 say. Honestly, I'm unimpressed with the people who use net slang. So, why do you do it?

Hmmm it is sometimes quicker to type like that but i agree that it's sometimes hard to read it when people type in that way

no it aint not really

if people space out der writing den i can read it, but wen its all squashed up i do agree

*takes rocket out of bottom nd blows out fuse*

:lol: soz tamagoyaki

|-| eY (0u1d b vv0r$e. @ l££st |\|0bo|Y Uzes L££tspk ere

(Translation: Hey, it could be worse. At least nobody uses leetspeak here.)

Just winding you up. Bad spelling is annoying, but not oneo f my top peeves about the net.

lol, ok your saying the way we talk is immature

[SIZE=21pt]YOU ARE PLAYING WITH tamagotchis LIKE US YOU AINT EXACTLY MR MATURE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

I'm sorry, but this has just been bugging me for about as long as I've been on this MB. I see it on other MBs, but it's not NEARLY as bad as it is here. Why the heck do 99% of the people here use net slang? I'm sorry, but net slang is NOT cool. It makes you sound stupid, immature, and you can lose all hope of getting respect from other people. Also, the spelling... it makes me want to cry. There is a preview button so you can check your spelling. I understand that not everyone here is from an english-speaking country or is older (though most of the crowd seems to be 12 +), but come on, there are 12 year olds who can type decently and spell correctly. Is it really so hard to just type normally and check your spelling? Bcuz wen u typ lyk ths it mkes it hrd 2 read n ndrstnd wat ur tring 2 say. Honestly, I'm unimpressed with the people who use net slang. So, why do you do it?
ppl can write how they want too. Even if that means you cant get ur own way. U write how u want 2 write and we'll write how we wanna write

And tamaplooy, that was funny what u sed bout boorrrrriiiiiing hehe! sorr bit hyped up!

Ok I have to agree this "net slang" Is a bit hard to read.. Some things I have had to read a couple of times before I understand it... Then sometimes no matter how many times I read it I don't have a clue what was said.

Typonese and bad spelling is not as bad though. I make many typos and have read so many typos by now you kinda automaticly correct it in your head. At least thats what I do. I must point out though there is a difference between this net slang and what is called short hand.

Short-hand:

U=you

R=are

2=to or too as well as two

w/ = with

w/o =without

b/w= black and white

The list goes on and on...

I have to say some of the way some people type I had never seen until I came to this forum. :eek: I don't know I guess if you can't read it you will have to ignore it. Not much you can do unless they decide to change the way they type.

Can you read my post?

Ok I have to agree this "net slang" Is a bit hard to read.. Some things I have had to read a couple of times before I understand it... Then sometimes no matter how many times I read it I don't have a clue what was said.
Typonese and bad spelling is not as bad though. I make many typos and have read so many typos by now you kinda automaticly correct it in your head. At least thats what I do. I must point out though there is a difference between this net slang and what is called short hand.

Short-hand:

U=you

R=are

2=to or too as well as two

w/ = with

w/o =without

b/w= black and white

The list goes on and on...

I have to say some of the way some people type I had never seen until I came to this forum.  :eek:   I don't know I guess if you can't read it you will have to ignore it. Not much you can do unless they decide to change the way they type.

Can you read my post?
:D WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!??!?!?!?!?! ;____________________; ;P

lol, ok your saying the way we talk is immature
[SIZE=21pt]YOU ARE PLAYING WITH tamagotchis LIKE US YOU AINT EXACTLY MR MATURE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
Sorry, you lose. 1) It is more immature to type like you're a 12 year old wannabe than playing with a tamagotchi. 2) Making the font size that big suggests you're a whiney little teen; you do not need to make the font size bigger to get your point across if you say it in a reasonable manner. 3) Your hobbies do not make you immature; it is your personality and how you interact with other people that qualifies you as being mature/immature. Unfortunately, you're not looking too good... :eek: Besides, I'm older than you and am capable of typing and speaking coherently, I think that suggests some level of maturity higher than one who screams and uses poor arguments to refute a comment (you also just insulted yourself).

*post edited by Poison_Orchid*

thats nice, yes i am a teen, 16, i dont want to gro up , coz i dont want to become wrinkly, id rarther stay young and immature as its the best time of life, and i dont want to sound like a borin ******* like you :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont care to make this a personal atack because it is worth talkin about. i know that for me the habit of typing shorthand started with texting my friends on there phones. hard habit to break i guess. i will try to break the habit cuz i know there are others who arent as fluent in the shorthand and that way anyone (see! i typed it out!) can come here and read the posts.

:D

see! no need to fight! :eek:

i dont care to make this a personal atack because it is worth talkin about. i know that for me the habit of typing shorthand started with texting my friends on there phones. hard habit to break i guess. i will try to break the habit cuz i know there are others who arent as fluent in the shorthand and that way anyone (see! i typed it out!) can come here and read the posts.
:D

see! no need to fight! :eek:
Well said, Family guy. No need to fight.

When people write to me from my site writing in that netspeak, I will often ignore them.

It's their loss that they refuse to use proper English.

Some times, reading their emails is like reading a license plate.

Too hard to figure out so why try? :eek:

We all present ourselves differently. I prefer to be clear.

Now, now ladies, put your handbags away! :eek: This is just a message board, don't get over-excited.

Honestly!!!!

Tamagoyaki! your going on and on and ON so really - your immature yourself!

I have the worlds worst speling sorry, Spelling, and i get really annoyed when people go on about it! if people are bad spellers you cant make them good spellers by nagging them!

Also - if people want to use text talk they can! sure, i can't read it very well but your writing sends me to sleep.

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah

Blah

also..

[SIZE=21pt]ROCK ON MADROX![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah now be nice! Not all us old folks are bad. I think I'm pretty nice at 24 and YES I HAVE TWO TAMA'S!!! Sure that makes me a little immature but who cares... I have a brain and I use it. I also don't go around whining about other peoples choice of net slang or bad spelling because I don't care. I think to type that way and figure out what the heck others are saying takes more brains then typing in plain ol' boring English. I can't type netspeak... I'm just not that cool. Anyway hard to read or not it's their choice. If you don't like it join another forum. It's a free country... at least where I live hehe. I don't think it is how you speak or write that makes you a good person it is who you are inside and intelligent or not I'd rather be a good person. Really though whineing about other peoples typing skills, pretty petty stuff and that's coming from a 24 year old with an education. This whole thread is pretty silly. LOL and I'm not going to spell check my message either... So there!

-Copper

Ah I don't think it is how you speak or write that makes you a good person it is who you are inside
Or you could say, it doesn't matter how you speak, it's what you say that counts. But some people may argue, it's not what you say it's how you say it.

I'm confussed now, so let's leave this thread alone and unite in the love of our wonderful gadgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back