Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone proved the battery issue?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

oceanfish123

• oceanfish123 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:53 PM ( #1 )

Has anyone actually tested out and seen if the new ones batterys last longer than the first waves. I have the transparent orange tama, but ive only had it for a week, so its too soon to tell.

Replies

Views

Started

05 Nov 2004

Last Post

12 Jan 2005

Shadowed_Suit

• shadowed-suit user photo

Posted 06 November 2004 - 07:47 AM ( #2 )

Okay. if it's any proof, I've got an Orange with yellow bursts/lollipops one that didn't come with batteries, and a purple one that DID. the purple one, which I just got 2 days ago, died yesterday. the orange one (gotten same day, opened and started same time) is still alive and strong. hope that somehow helped. :D

-Shadowed Suit

clarinutty

• clarinutty user photo

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:28 PM ( #3 )

I was just looking for a post like this! I also want to know. Because I'm getting a new pair around Christmas, but if I can get a friend to bring them from France, I'm getting European ones. I can't afford these silly batteries!

Please, do keep us posted!!! If it dies in a week or two, please tell us!

tamogotchiROCKS!301

• tamogotchirocks301 user photo

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:43 PM ( #4 )

This is true Mine died in less than a week i got a new battery that was sold seperately and its working like a charm :D hope that helps :blink:

Shadowed_Suit

• shadowed-suit user photo

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:24 AM ( #5 )

hunh. you mean I didn't hafta trade that purple one in for my no-extra-battery-included Green 'Matrix' style one? :( ohhh well... I likes me new Tama better. ;) plus I've got this extra battery still from the purple one! whee! but anyways. I'd advise people to avoid ones that come with extra batteries anyways- just to be safe. it's not like the ones without extra batteries cost more, lol...

-Shadowed Suit

ellyria

• ellyria user photo

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:49 PM ( #6 )

My Tamagotchi came in the second batch. (The one without the extra battery.) It's almost been a month since I bought it, and the battery's still going. Of course, I don't have another to connect with and I usually leave the sound off during my classes. It will be exactly a month tomorrow. :( I've never paused my Tama either.

oceanfish123

• oceanfish123 user photo

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:16 PM ( #7 )

Thanx Ellyria! :( I can relax again!

deadinside

• deadinside user photo

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:41 AM ( #8 )

Well if it helps, I have a Purple with Spirals that I got on Sept. 26, and an orange one with Lolly pops that I got on ocober 1st, maybe 5th....The purple one, I have had to change batteries three times...the Orange one...I have had to change once....Hope that helps somewhat

braddey

• braddey user photo

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:52 PM ( #9 )

Alright.... i have 3 tamagotchis from the first batch and i dont feel like buying batteries. Im going to call bandai tommorow and ask if they fixed the second batch. Ill post what they say

Honahlee

• honahlee user photo

Posted 11 November 2004 - 09:24 PM ( #10 )

Good. I've been checking their site. If there's a problem with these, they should have a recall.

bannanahammock_416

• bannanahammock-416 user photo

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:37 AM ( #11 )

yes i have five tamagotchi connections and i got one really early and it came with two sets of battreies which each battery died in two weeks like you said but now i dont use that one i use the tamagotchi connections i have that arn't one of the early makes! :o

whitetama14

• whitetama14 user photo

Posted 23 December 2004 - 12:12 PM ( #12 )

yeah I have two of the first released tama connections that bring the extra battery, i had to replace the battery yesterday, which really sucks because my tama should be 4 right now and its only 2. I also have the white and transparent orange ones that do not include the extra battery with the stickers. But iw ould not know cuz i havent opened any of the second series ones yet :D

LinkinParkLP16

• linkinparklp16 user photo

Posted 25 December 2004 - 11:48 AM ( #13 )

I bought the green matrix shortley after they were released and it came with the extra battery, It has died 3 times already, once on a battery I bought. And like 3 months ago or longer, I bought the orange with glitter Tama. and it has yet to die on me... It is quite stunning actually... My green one is junk!

nazochi

• nazochi user photo

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:33 PM ( #14 )

My Tamagotchi came in the second batch. (The one without the extra battery.) It's almost been a month since I bought it, and the battery's still going. Of course, I don't have another to connect with and I usually leave the sound off during my classes. It will be exactly a month tomorrow. :P I've never paused my Tama either.

*phew!* That is a load off of my chest! It seems my new-happier nazotchi will last much longer! :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Holidays from Tamatalk's very own secret character! :lol:

puggy

• puggy user photo

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:51 PM ( #15 )

this is really weird :P

Madcow

• madcow user photo

Posted 26 December 2004 - 11:00 AM ( #16 )

Yes, as someone said..I bought 2 connections on the 15th when they came out. The batteries died a mere 2 weeks later. I never replaced the batteries cuz I was lazy. lol.. I got a orange sparkly glitter tama, and that was about 2 months ago?? And the batteries are still kicking!

I think the first batch just used the batteries up too quick or something stupid.

sol87

• sol87 user photo

Posted 26 December 2004 - 09:34 PM ( #17 )

not to be off topic but if the batteries die can you still download your tama

Madcow

• madcow user photo

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:53 PM ( #18 )

It seems as though you answered your own question.

Theres an option called "download". so yes.

Himemiya

• himemiya user photo

Posted 29 December 2004 - 04:35 PM ( #19 )

I have a first and second ed, and the first's battery life is definitely shorter. Not like it's going to die in a week, but I do have to buy batteries more often for it.

Pfeffernusse

• pfeffernusse user photo

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:03 PM ( #20 )

How much are the batteries for the Tamagotchis?