The first tama EVER!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think he's telling the truth?

• No! He's a liar!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! I think he is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama_angel_lover

Reaction score
This kid at my school said that his dad owns the first tama ever made! I did not believe him at first but then he described it, he said that it had alot of buttons and it was in really weird packeging he deacribed the packeging as the original Jappenese packeging. He said that his uncle used to work for Bandai as second in charge of the toy department his uncle sent the tama to this kids dad so he could get a good idea of what Tamagotchi's were like. He said that about a week after this Bandai found out and fired this kids uncle. This is off subject but he also said that his uncle after he got fired became obsessed with tamas he had a massive collection and when he died he was even burried with his tamas! He said that his dad kept it in five safes and he said that once when his Jappenese cousin came to America she like fainted when she saw it. I personaly think he's not telling the truth he was pretty convincing but it's just to cool to be true.

Too bad you don't have a picture. I know what the prototypes and first batch look like. The prototypes had no packaging, only production tamas.

They are all solild colors with another color around the screen.

They have only ever had 3 buttons.

Your story sounds like a kid trying to impress to me. :blink:

na, sounds like he's tryin to impress ya. i ain't buyin it. my friend has one of the old ones, but it is not one of the first ones.......
Yeah I think that he was either lying or thinking of a tamagotchi yasatchi. Plus I think his uncle would have realized how valueable the first tama would be. So like I said it's just to cool to be true. To bad though I think I will ask if it is a yasatchi on monday.

Too bad you don't have a picture. I know what the prototypes and first batch look like. The prototypes had no packaging, only production tamas.They are all solild colors with another color around the screen.

They have only ever had 3 buttons.

Your story sounds like a kid trying to impress to me. :D
Yeah I did not think that they had any form af packaging, I don't think that he was telling the truth about his uncle working for bandai either. To bad though I probably could have gotten free tamas from him if his uncle really did. Plus he did not know what a Angelgotchi was so he obviously did not know as much about tamas but he was really trying to make himself seem quite smart in the field of tamagotchi but he first addressed them as a "neopet thingy" so I kind of never really baught it, to cool to be true.

My sister had 6 tamas when she was 7. they were her only friends. i remeber seeing them even though i was only 3! :angry: :p :angry: :) :angry: :angry:

I'm not sure, but I really think that he may be right. And please don't judge me on my answer, please. It isn't nice. But still, I think it could be possible :mellow:

This kid at my school said that his dad owns the first tama ever made! I did not believe him at first but then he described it, he said that it had alot of buttons and it was in really weird packeging he deacribed the packeging as the original Jappenese packeging. He said that his uncle used to work for Bandai as second in charge of the toy department his uncle sent the tama to this kids dad so he could get a good idea of what Tamagotchi's were like. He said that about a week after this Bandai found out and fired this kids uncle. This is off subject but he also said that his uncle after he got fired became obsessed with tamas he had a massive collection and when he died he was even burried with his tamas! He said that his dad kept it in five safes and he said that once when his Jappenese cousin came to America she like fainted when she saw it. I personaly think he's not telling the truth he was pretty convincing but it's just to cool to be true.
Sounds like a lie to me, but I'd kill for a prototype Tamagotchi. Ask the kid to take you to his house and show it.

Sounds like a lie to me, but I'd kill for a prototype Tamagotchi. Ask the kid to take you to his house and show it.
Well going to his house would be sort of weird and I asked him to take a picture of it and show it to me but he said that is dad would not take it out of the safes so I think I will print off a picture of a tamagotchi yasatchi since that is probably what it is and a picture of one of the real prototypes and ask him wish one looks most like it I think I will be able to tell if he is lying or if he was just confused, if it is a yasatchi that is still pretty cool that his dad has one in the mean time if anyone could give me a link to a picture of one of the prototypes that would be great.

i saw that picture floating around of the prototypes, thye were kinda weirdly shaped. it would be interesting to try though

No actually I think the first ones looked pretty much like the new ones, only smaller and lacked a few of the features of the gameplay stuff and all.

I Kinda Think He's Trying To Impress Ya So You'll Like Him More.

Ask Him To Just Show Ya The Safe Its In.

I Wouldn't Buy The Story If I Were You...

There is such thing as the first tama ever. I don't mean I know which exact person had the first tama, I mean the Tamagotchi Company. Lots of my friends siblings that are over 16 said that they had played with tamagotchis when they were 10 years old. It was not a Tamagotchi Connections but it was similar.

So I guess over the years the Tamagotchi Company made a bigger and better tamagotchis and used the original tamgotchi to make the Tamagotchi Connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
heres what i make out of the story:

if he cant show u proof, hes lying.

if hes talking about someone dead, hes lying. (people dont like to talk about dead realatives that they knew a lot, if he didnt know him, how would he know all that?)

prototypes are not made in ones. they make big batches so that they can test them. (have u ever heard of a toymaker company making ONE of a kind toy?)

prototypes are not "the first tama"

make the kid give proof his uncle was second in bandai. if he was that high on the charts u should be able to ASK bandai and theyll be able to tell u!

tamas only have 3 buttons, except for the big ones, but those arent the first tamas ethier.

if his dad keeps it in a safe and NEVER looks like it, then whats the point and HES LYING. besides, how could the boy see it if his dad never takes it out! (like what is the point of a fancy diamond if nobody sees it?)

and then, if the uncle was so obsessed, the boy ought to know A FEW (everything) things about tamas. show him ur tama and ask him to do something simple, like turn off the lights.

to bug him, ask him if it uses a CR2031 battery, cause "all the normal ones do." (lie)

if he says yes, hes lying [there is no such thing as a CR2031 battery]

if he says no, ask him what it uses. if he says there is no batteries, hes lying. [all tamas use a CR2032 (not 2031) the correct answer is "theres no such thing as a CR2031" but i almost guarentee hes lying. just try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back