Zan' and Friends

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanoff

Reaction score
I've been debating for awhile about whether or not to start up a Tamagotchi. It seems like every time I do, something strange and dramatic comes up in my life and I have to attend to that first and foremost, leaving my Tamagotchi to suffer loads and give birth to generations upon generations of Maskutchis and Gozarutchis. Even learning the names alone is a lot harder than when I was twelve and first picked up that Generation 2 egg from the Toys R Us Tamagotchi bin. Man, those were the days.

And here I am, back again. One night, I was a little frosted still from the friendly party before, attending one of my favourite diners. My favourite waitress was there, my favourite friend was beside me, and my favourite song was playing on the radio. So why not whip out my favourite Tamagotchi, the arctic camo' one, and start 'er up?

As soon as I took out the egg there were questions all around.

"People still PLAY with those things?"

"What does that thing do?"

"What's that?"

"I don't remember that character."

"How do you play with it?"

Though I am by FAR not an expert on the topic anymore (when I was younger, I could quote every variation of Tamagotchi that there was out there), I answered as many questions as possible until everyone around me was fulfilled. Because I am a little too much into the holiday spirit, I named my new baby girl Noel. Yeah, corny, oh well.

Zan', my teddy-sidekick, automatically took a liking to her. I'll have pictures of the two up soon. He enjoys wearing Noel as a dangly from any of his many piercing hoops. No, Zan', your younger sister is NOT an accessory. Heheh.

Anyway, one minute late and Noel turned into a Marutchi -- much to my chagrin. I'm not ultimately happy with little square blobs. I think Marutchi is one of the more lazy character designs. They could have revamped it a LITTLE. Does anyone know how to get a Hitodetchi instead?

Aaaaaaand . . . today, Noel finagled her way into a snack by mistake. That's what happens when you're in a hurry to rush outside and play. Zan' argues that I never accidentally feed him. But then, his lips are sewn together, so that would be awfully funny to imagine, wouldn't it?

Stay tuned for more updates on the family! I'm debating whether or not to start up my other V2. Tomorrow's another day, I suppose!

Ah. And here I am, back again. Things have been awfully rocky for poor little Noel.

I'm glad to say, however, that Noel is now a worldly little Nikatchi. She's been to the mall, saw Aeon Flux, been through huge snow drifts, attended a few parties -- all for a good time! She seems to enjoy being attached to Zan' and I know that I am very happy for it. It's easier to grab an 11" plush than a tiny Tamagotchi when you hear that emergency chirp. Buuuut . . .

I got very sick yesterday and ended up passing out on the couch. Despite my insane efforts to take the best care of Noel possible, she suffered heavily from this neglect and changed as soon as I woke up. Kind of a cry for help. "Look, ma! Look what you've DONE to me!" I immediately turned on the computer and turned to Rivenn's Tamadex. I can honestly say that I don't like ANY of the characters that come from Nikatchi. Oh well. I'm hoping for a Nyorotchi because it's the only one that I didn't get on the original Tama's.

Lesson learned: ALWAYS pause before you go NEAR a couch. At least if you're me. I'm bordering on narcoleptic currently! :B

Tonight I'm planning on starting up my orange camo' v2. No clue on names yet, though! Hey, if you're viewing this, PM me some nice names. I won't complain! It's so much easier to name Japanese Tamagotchi, seriously.

And for anyone interested, my family should at least double after Christmas. I'm going to hit up Jason's Store soon and buy everything I can get my hands on. I'm debating on splurging for a Devilgotchi. Any feedback on the creatures?

Zan' says he doesn't mind carrying his little sister around. As long as she shares her ice cream cones with him.

Until next time!

This is a story of Mess's defeatist attitude. This is a story of good fortune. This is a story of irony.

As I'm quite sure all of you are aware, Noel's been suffering due to three things:

1. Lack of an organised sleep schedule

2. Lack of physical health

3. Lack of mental health

Not only that, but I've come to notice something. No matter how much time I invest in my Tamagotchi v2, I can NEVER seem to fill up that cursed Training bar. So imagine my surprise when, after keeping Noel up for about three days straight, I noticed that I had one bar left! In eager anticipation I spent the entire night flittering about, tending to the TV, one of the new dogs I'm training, and online friends. I couldn't wait to hear that tell-tale beep which meant it was all over -- I FILLED THE BAR.

Alas, it was not meant to be. I heard the beep finally at 11 PM -- yes, FAR past Nikatchi's bedtime. Checking the metre just once more to further establish the fact that it was one left, I gave her the time-out that she so deserved . . . and gasped at the result.

Checking on my OF COURSE full metre that I was so proud of, I discovered it was STILL ONE AWAY FROM FULL. Who invented this concept? Do you have to discipline TWICE to make one bar? And how come I never noticed this before? Where was I when this was changed?

But I was not to be outdone. "So I'll cheat the system," I think to myself. Obviously, Noel requires a discipline to keep her in line every few hours. She went to sleep, or rather REQUESTED sleep ( "PLEASE, Mom! It's been DAYS!" ) and I set the clock back again. Surely, this would help me fill in the hours and get that last discipline in before evolution, right? Now, to wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait s'more.

So I gave up. I began writing this blog, which I was to fill with remorse about how I'd failed to deliver that last discipline, how the cheating the system thing really didn't work, and how Tamagotchis are spiteful little creatures. I finished the FIRST sentence ( "This is a story of Mess's defeatist attitude." ), and there it was.

Beep-beep.

DISCIPLINE! My first ever full bar. Right as the clock turned to 1:54 AM, and RIGHT as I was about to give up, things turned out well. Now, it's ample time for me to make some ramen and stay up the rest of the night reading silly fanfics and talking to other insomniacs just like myself who would DIE if they discovered just WHY I was awake at this hour.

Ah, Tamagotchi. Gotta' love it.

What an unpleasant series of events.

So I was lurking around forums at 3 AM and decided, what the heck, I'll start up my Orange Camo' egg. Got a nice name picked out and everything: "Nezni". A boy. I hatched him and cared for him for a bit, then connected him and Noel. Just as she was about to leave the screen, I heard a scary BEEP.

Noel ran out of batteries.

Well, it wasn't fair to let her lay like that, since I've been investing so much time in her. So I switched the batteries quickly. Nezni's spirit lives on in Noel's backside, and he will be returned shortly after Christmas.

I've decided to let Noel stick around until she decides to leave on her own. It'll be interesting. I haven't yet read anything about letting them stay until they die, so I'm curious. If there IS anything, please let me know! I wonder -- will she turn into those old characters? Noel is now panicking because the shop seems to sell everything but Anti-Wrinkle Cream. Aw, Noh', we all go through this sooner or later.

Hopefully she'll stick around for Christmas, and after Christmas as well. Everyone probably thinks this is a stupid idea as Tamagotchi Connection/Connexion/Plus/Keitai/Whatever are all based around the fact that you mate and your character leaves. But that's such a SAD thing to see, isn't it? Connections are able to keep going whether or not you have two, unlike the Mesutchi/Osutchi pair that was released years before. I think that's a good idea, but I'd like to keep the novelty of the original Tama's. It's too soon to mourn after seven days, you know?

Heheh. The Zan/Noel mutation is sitting on my desk. Both of them are staring at me like, what, you're not gonna' share those waffles? Noel still hasn't eaten breakfast, which is my fault. It'd be lunch anyway. Zan', Noel, and I all woke up around 12:30 this afternoon. But I really do recommend this tip to others, especially those who work at desks and take care of their Tamagotchi during work. It's a lot easier to type and check up on Noel with one glance instead of having to maneuvre her around. And Zan' proudly carries her around like a ring-bearer! I have to take pictures sometime and show everyone. So, yeah! If you're reading this, go to Build-a-Bear or whatever, build your own Tamagotchi-Bear-er, and report back to me at once! Zan' isn't a Build-A-Bear ( I MAKE teddy bears ), but I think that'd be a sweet little tie-in. And if anyone ever wants me to make a teddy bear FOR them, just PM me. I'm always willing! Ah, I'm rambling.

Thanks to the nifty little PAUSE feature, Noel still thinks that she is two years old. She's 16 lbs. right now, full training, and full hearts. I tried to start neglecting her so that I wouldn't get one of the upper characters because I like the lower ones, buut . . . she's my only Tama running currently. That'd be really boring.

Aiyeee! So sorry for the lack of update for the past few days. I did manage to pop in and post an old log from the morning before sometime during yesterday, but there wasn't much inside of it. Only a rant, and by now you should know how much I love to rant! Heheh.

A friend of mine was over so Tama-time was severely reduced. Still, I had all of my friends baby-sitting Noel and despite having no clue what she was or what to do, they played along well. You have to love guys sometimes. My other friend was a HUGE help -- she has more Tamas than I do. Quite an accomplishment for you there, Kris! So sometime during this week or the next, Nezni will be back up and Noel will have a huge load of friends. It's nice to have a friend into Tamagotchi too!

Anyway, Noel finally changed! If you recall one of my last posts, I wrote about how I didn't really like anyone that Nikatchi could change into after reading Rivenn's Tamadex! Well, fortunately (or unfortunately, which is it?), the data is a little bit wrong and Noel turned into Kiwitchi! I'm totally enamoured with her now; she's gorgeous. She's been romping around all day in a little ponytail that I bought her. I had her try on the Mimitchi and Panda suits to make the slots game easier -- no can do. It's much easier with her as she is. I'll always miss Zukitchi though; the game was SO easy with her!

Both today and yesterday I looked at the screen and Kiwitchi was being serenaded by a singing Christmas tree. So cute! I can't wait until Christmas now; I'm sure there will be another great surprise! I love the little surprises programmed this time around.

That's really all as far as Noel's progress. As I said before, she will not be mated, so stay tuned to learn about the first ever (?) old-age Tamagotchi v2!

I'll be making some graphics of Noel soon. I want to get her in the boots and a whole bunch of others. Nothing beats boots in the way of cuteness, though.

And last but not least: does anyone even read this? Should I continue the logs even after Noel has returned to her home planet?

Till next time!

Well, well, well. It's been awhile, eh? Not really.

As promised, I made a little 'Timeline' of Kiwitchi (read: Noel). More are coming as soon as I can afford that stupid Spaceship. Here you are:

00noel.jpg
[/img]

And, because I was already at it, I also made a little avatar/icon thingie. It's my Tama log userpic too. Just link me if you use it, though it sucks a lot:

00rocknoel.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a nice image editor one day and I'll make some nice ones. ;D

And how's Noel? Perfectly fine. Not really. She's been a little neglected due to the recent company I've been receiving this week. It seems friends from all aspects of the past are coming by to see me, and my little pixelated pita doesn't get as much attention as she should. I'll keep updated!

EDIT: Okay, HOW do I make images work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Um . . . oops!

Thanks to a rather careless baby-sitter, Noel had a baby. Thanks a lot, Aidan. Anyway, she departed last night, much to my surprise ( she was on pause most of yesterday ), and today I had to -- DUHN DUHN DUHN! -- come up with a name. With the holiday season coming up so quickly ( this weekend, I totally didn't realise ), I thought what better to name him than our lord and saviour? I'm not religious, but I thought it would be cute. I named him the fully translated form of 'Yeshua', which is Joshua, Josh so it could fit. And Josh just got sick, hold on . . .

Okay, Josh is generation two, and a Puchitchi. I lucked out and won the game, so he's full hearts and no snacks so far. Yay! I hate feeding snacks. Tonight he gets to go to the café with me and meet all of my friends. Though my friends hate Tamagotchi now, due to the strain on their romantic life. No matter how engrossing a cuddlefest on the couch is, my friend and I will break the warmth and flock to our Tamas if they beep, or even if they don't. Makes most guys angry. Rick doesn't seem to care so much though!

Ah, a poop. Just what I needed. Starting the Christmas presents early, are you Joshua? Let's see . . . I'm debating whether or not to play the game right NOW because I know he'll need a happy heart soon. Dear me. I'm just going to leave him fat until he needs the happiness. We'll see how that works out for me.

I'm DETERMINED this time to get a good character, even with all of the holiday busy-ness. And I'm sad that Noel won't spend Christmas with me, but hey, her little reincarnation is good enough.

More later!

Latest posts

Back