Ordering Overseas Tamagotchis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagoyaki

Reaction score
I was planning on waiting until Tamagotchis are released in the US to get one, but my boyfriend told me that even if I got to the stores hours before they open, there's no guarantee that I'd actually get one (due to millions of other people who'd also be waiting). I don't want to wait a long time to get a Tamagotchi, especially since I'll be moving to my university mid-August, so I was wondering how good it is to order overseas. My dad wants me to get one from e-Bay, but all those T.P.s are either fake or really expensive. I'm afraid of getting scammed, so I don't trust e-Bay anyways. This website lists Play-Asia as a good website to get T.P.s from, but they're in Hong Kong, and one website says that most sellers from Hong Kong sell the fake kind. If anyone has ordered from Play-Asia, are they the actual Bandai Tamagotchi? What about that British site this site lists; are they the Bandai kind too? I don't remember that site saying they're Bandai toys. I just want to check and make sure before I spend my money only to realize I might not get a real Tamagotchi. Anyways, just wanted some feedback from those who have ordered overseas. Sorry for the long post; I like detail. :)

Your boyfriend might be right. One wholesaler of Tamagotchis I spoke with said that they are in limited supply for the roll-out. Those that are available are already spoken for (most likely from large chain stores and such).

Both Play-Asia and the others retailers in the UK are actual Bandai Tamagotchi Plus or Connexions. A plus of Play-Asia is that they will most likely be cheaper because of the exchange rate between the US dollar and British Pound. The benefit of the UK stores is that the Tamagotchi you receive will be in English (though translated instructions for the Japanese Tamagotchi Plus are available).

My recommendations are for Play-Asia or I Want It Cheaper since I either have experience dealing with or have heard of others pleasant experiences with either. Check the UK Price Guide for the prices verified by TamagotchiConnexions.com (the UK site).

Anyone else have experiences with these or other sellers?

Last edited:
^___^ Thanks a lot, guys! I was planning on ordering from Play-Asia to begin with, but I just wanted to make sure. My dad doesn't seem too happy about me wanting to order a T.P., but it's my money... (plus I think he thinks I'm too old... LOL I'm only 19... ^_^ ). Anyways, thanks again for your help, and I love this site! (*points to Tamagod's profile* omg, we like, live so close to each other... I live in NC).

Awesome! ^^

Admin, shouldn't the flood control have stopped my browser from posting all of those?(I edited the last one as a little 'sorry' kinda post. Lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, because my browser didn't change pages after I posted so I hit it again because I thought I might have missed the button. XD Lol. ^_^

well i wud have replied but it looks like these to did it for me....and it looks like the subject has changed now about a browser...thingy!

Anyway, good luck on getting a Tamagotchi!

Marc!

CCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back