Tamagotchi Town

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarOmnimon

Reaction score
I managed to play the Japanese SNES game "Tamagotchi Town" on an emulator, and thought that my review would be of interest to some of you.

I'll start with the basic gameplay. When you first start, you get nine squares on a map that can be changed to plains, mountains, water, or forests. You then place two eggs on the map, in two different squares or the same square. Depending on where you place the eggs, you can get a Tamagotchi, Angelgotchi/Tamagotchi Angel, Morino Tamagotchi/Tamagotchi Garden, or Umino Tamagotchi/Tamagotchi Ocean.

The raising method is very simple. You feed them, clean their messes, and give them a ball to play with. That's it. Kind of like a Tamagotchi Mini, or not? You make the call. If you have more than one Tamagotchi living in the same square, they'll pass the ball back and forth. It's really cute.

They will evolve into the different forms from the first five versions of Tamagotchi. After a few game days, they will actually lay eggs that, if you raised an original Tamagotchi, will hatch into a Tamagotchi 2.

A few things to note. The evolution requirements for what were hidden characters on the keychains are different in Tamagotchi Town. Here, they are raised like normal Adultchi characters. I ended up getting Bill when raising one of my Kuchitamatchis. Yes, you heard correctly, both Oyajitchi and Bill are obtainable. There is a game to play, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

All in all, a good coffee break game. Kind of reminds me of the minilabs in school where we would raise a mealworm, except in Tamagotchi style.

Thankyou for getting me addicted to another game. I played for 3 hours straight. And Bill is called Sam in this game.

I just raised Bill, and was about to mention that he's referred to as Sam in the game.

Also, there is an actual pic of Lucky Unchi-Kun in the game when you raise him, it doesn't just show the LCD pic enlarged like on the Japanese Angelgotchi website.

I used ZSNES's cheat function to complete the encyclopedia, so here's the differences for each version of Tamagotchi, gameplay changes aside...

Version 1

-Nyorotchi is not obtainable.

-Both Oyajitchi and Bill/Sam/Gaijintchi are obtainable.

-Eggs laid by them will hatch into Version 2.

Version 2

-Everyone's there, no characters taken out or put in.

-Eggs laid by them will hatch into Version 1.

Angelgotchi

-Everyone's there, except the bat and Skeletotchi pair.

-Debirutchi and Lucky Unchikun don't just stand there, you can actually raise them.

-Non-fatal neglect at Kodomotchi stage leads to Debirutchi instead of Oyajitenshi/Oyajitchi Angel.

Morino Tamagotchi

-Minotchi and that tiny bug that you can get twins of are Kodomotchi stages before the cocoon.

-Helmetchi is not obtainable.

-Maybe a couple of new characters. I don't know much about Morino Tamagotchi, so I can't really tell.

Umino Tamagotchi

I'd say Umino Tamagotchi had the most changes.

-Ningyotchi(Mermaid) is not obtainable.(Why?)

-Roster is updated with more characters. The turtle, Kametchi, was already mentioned. Also added are Penguintchi, a seal, and a pirate.

-Keropyontchi is no longer the healthiest character obtainable, that honor now belongs to Penguintchi.

-Kaitchi is no longer the unhealthiest character obtainable, the new unhealthiest character is the pirate.

I don't know how to get the ten "Town" characters, nor can I read enough Japanese to read their names. I know the final character is an Obaketchi of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back