I have some tips to know about your tama:
1. Don't time-out babies, it only makes you have a bad toddler character
2. What character you get depends on how you take care of it, not it's gender or number of games played
3. You can set the time to 2:59PM or 6:59PM to get new items in the shop in V2
4. Connecting takes your tamas battery power away
5. To get a good character keep your tamas hearts at 2 and over, not under 2 hearts
Those are my tips! I hope they do as much good to you as they did to me!
Here's a site that has more info about tamas: Tamagotchi Connections!