OMG! My mom just said...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenniswinner

December 2007 Contest Winner
Reaction score
My Mom just said something that put me in total SHOCK! Here's the situation:

I just picked out my new avvie, right? Right. So I call mom downsatirs and she looks at it in my profile.

Then she's says, "Please don't give out personal information."

I say, "I know, that, Mom. Because of safety."

And then she says, "On the News they were showing TamaTalk."

"How come?!" I stammer.

"3 guys convinced a 12-year-old girl to come with them. So she went to their apartment."

"Did her parents know?"

"I'm not sure."

"Those must be pretty gulible parents."

"Yeah, well, don't give out personal info, or tell any one you'll be outside your house at a certain time or anything. Just be safe."

I say, "OK. Thank you for telling me."

And that is why I am typing madly at the key board. How could this happen on Tamatalk? On the other hand, how could it not... Well, ppl, don't give out personal info! Just be safe, PLEASE! The internet is fun, but dangerous. :rolleyes:

What you say about the internet is true - you have to be sensible about the info you give out. It applies to every site you visit and instant messg services.

What a shame your Mum didn't call you down to see the piece on the TV news about TamaTalk - especially if she knows you are a fan of this site.

Did she tell you which channel it was reported on or at what time?

I think anyone who arranges to meet up with someone they have only met over the internet is living pretty dangerously... I really hope none of the TamaTalk members ever do something foolish like that - no matter what age they are....

Best, etc.

TamaMum

yeah i dont give people any info ,like in my profile its true i was born on that date but not that year i dont wana give anyone any of that info

My Mom just said something that put me in total SHOCK! Here's the situation:
I just picked out my new avvie, right? Right. So I call mom downsatirs and she looks at it in my profile.

Then she's says, "Please don't give out personal information."

I say, "I know, that, Mom. Because of safety."

And then she says, "On the News they were showing TamaTalk."

"How come?!" I stammer.

"3 guys convinced a 12-year-old girl to come with them. So she went to their apartment."

"Did her parents know?"

"I'm not sure."

"Those must be pretty gulible parents."

"Yeah, well, don't give out personal info, or tell any one you'll be outside your house at a certain time or anything. Just be safe."

I say, "OK. Thank you for telling me."

And that is why I am typing madly at the key board. How could this happen on Tamatalk? On the other hand, how could it not... Well, ppl, don't give out personal info! Just be safe, PLEASE! The internet is fun, but dangerous. :eek:
That is so sad! I hope this won't bring bad buisness.

I understand the freaky bit, but it's really the girl's fault for actually going to the people's apartment. Even if you do give out information about yourself, don't go meet people. That's just common sense.

I would only meet two people on here. 1 person because he lives quite literally 10 minutes away from me and the other because we've talked quite a lot. But the second would never be possible because of distance.

IF you ever meet someone. Meet them in a public place like a mall, and never go anywhere with them. ALWAYS make sure there is an adult present if you're under 18.(I'm such a hypocrit)

Meeting people off the internet is stupid enough as it is, but going somewhere with them is just asking to be raped or killed.

wow thanks for telling me I am shocked :eek: When I was doing a profile on my tamatalk I didn't give out anyinformation accept for my birthday....

Thank you thank you THANK YOU. After reading that message, I quickly changed my profile :eek: My mom is always telling me not to give out personnal info, but she never told me any stories. Thanks so much, now I think I'll be so much safer :) Since I spend half my life on the computer LOL.

Yeah, I gave out no personal info, thats just crazy. So is where "I'm from" but, yeah, my friend said she was from her box, so I'm not that crazy. But its slightly true, thats where I'm from, and I'm ruler too. I'm in my own world.

Yup, mine aswell.

Hey, it´s all right if you give them your phone number, right? I mean, it´s not like giving them your real adress, is it?

Yup, mine aswell.Hey, it´s all right if you give them your phone number, right? I mean, it´s not like giving them your real adress, is it?
That's one of the stupidest things you could do. Anyone can find your address from your phone number.

Nobody should give out any persional info. and even though: Who reads eachother's profiles?It's non-scense!
people who want to hurt kids/teens. you would be suprised how many kids/teens get kidnaped, killed, stocked, and other bad things from meeting people that u have met on the internet. a "girl" or "boy" you talk to who says there ur age could really be a stocker or killer! its scary!

Yup, mine aswell.Hey, it´s all right if you give them your phone number, right? I mean, it´s not like giving them your real adress, is it?
heres a scenario:

u talk to someone on a website for a long time

they ask: "can i have your number?"

and u say: "sure" thinking, its just a phone number, cant hurt right? WRONG! u can go to google, type online directory or online phone book and you can put in a number and find where they live. its as simple for that person to find you as it is a friend u gave ur number to also.

Not really...

It's not TamaTalk's fault, it's the kids for giving out so much personal info...

Not really...
It's not TamaTalk's fault, it's the kids for giving out so much personal info...
ur right. tamatalk is not responsible for other peoples actions, therefor they shouldnt be sued.

Your mom could've been lying about it being Tamatalk, you know, just to make sure you don't give out your info online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, she wasn't lieing. She told me the thing in the top left corner was on the News. Where else would you find the TamaTalk image?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back