How often do TamaGuides get picked?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flint26

Reaction score
;) I know that alot of people have been wanting to become one of the Tamaguides. Here are just SOME of my own theories:

:D 1) I think there is a limit on Tamaguides because everybody that joins Tamatalk can't be a forum administrator, if I'm correct.

:D 2) The Admin is also, I believe, testing us, and we have to meet his qualifications.

:D 3) You can't just be one of the first 50 to PROVE that you're good for the job, even though you have that cool little thingy on the side.

:D 4) You should be on the site often.

:D 5) You should have good knowledge of the site and not have any warn percentage

:D 6) All Tamaguides, how did you, or what did you do to qualify for what you are now, so the boards will ''improve'' and you'll be people to look up upon AND you'll show other people what to do if they want to try out. And speaking of trying out, Admin, how about if we have Tamaguide tryouts? That's 100% ok if you decline.

;) (to tell the truth, I do want to be a tamatalk guide, but I don't want to ask my way up there, I want to be noticed naturally. 0.0 You didn't see this post. xD ) :D

Good points. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL~

This is a good thread...I think I would like to be a tamaguide but I'm new...:-D

I'm sure we all WANT to be TamaGuides.

But do we all DESERVE to be? XD

I'm trying to work towards it, but I seriously doubt it. I'm too long-winded.

Well I will chime in here and provide some official word from Admin... :D

The TamaGuides are selected for a couple of reasons... Our Guides are helpful to others, kind to other members, frequent visitors and able to express their point when posting. Last but not least, they have some knowledge of tama care or show a willingness and ability to learn. ;)

I do usually like to hear from those members who are interested in becoming a Guide... Of course, I can't guarantee that everyone who expresses interest will become a Guide... We have some members who have been on the list for many months.

One note of encouragement... We are growing a lot lately... More growth means I will be needing more help as we grow.

For those interested... Let me know via PM and continue keeping up the good work with helping others ad being kind. :D

I'm glad to hear you all are interested! :D

TamaGuides would have to be users who've been around for a good while of time, are actice users..follow the rules and maintain friendships throught the website in my opinion. I'm ADMIN for an rp site and the mods/new admin are choosen on their abilities and their personality.

To be honest I'd love to be a TG as well.

Oh and here's another tip. I noticed it in the rules of the board page.

It said:

Please avoid the following actions and behaviors during your visit to TamaTalk:

-Swearing

-Flaming or arguing

-Use of offensive or derogatory language

-Spamming of the forums or members (via posts, sigs, PM or email)

-Post hogging (senseless use of repeated small off-topic posts)

-Intentional misuse of TamaTalk names, ranks, badges or likenesses with ill intention

You should not be doing anything of that kind on this board if you want to be a tamaguide, a word of advice to all those wanting to be a tamaguide! :blink:

They are very good rules to go by, but still, some people choose to break theem :(

:D I know that alot of people have been wanting to become one of the Tamaguides. Here are just SOME of my own theories:
:D 1) I think there is a limit on Tamaguides because everybody that joins Tamatalk can't be a forum administrator, if I'm correct.

:D 2) The Admin is also, I believe, testing us, and we have to meet his qualifications.

:wub: 3) You can't just be one of the first 50 to PROVE that you're good for the job, even though you have that cool little thingy on the side.

:huh: 4) You should be on the site often.

:lol: 5) You should have good knowledge of the site and not have any warn percentage

:lol: 6) All Tamaguides, how did you, or what did you do to qualify for what you are now, so the boards will ''improve'' and you'll be people to look up upon AND you'll show other people what to do if they want to try out. And speaking of trying out, Admin, how about if we have Tamaguide tryouts? That's 100% ok if you decline.
if i had one warning...can i still be a guide?

if i had one warning...can i still be a guide?
Everyone makes mistakes or loses their cool once in a while. If it is a regular thing then it will affect your chances of becoming a Guide (since nobody wants to be in a place where the people who are supposed to help you aren't nice). But one time isn't a big deal to me. :D

Everyone makes mistakes or loses their cool once in a while. If it is a regular thing then it will affect your chances of becoming a Guide (since nobody wants to be in a place where the people who are supposed to help you aren't nice). But one time isn't a big deal to me. :D
really? Then that means I still have that 1 chance! I think...does stress count?

Humm... nice thread...

Loads of info.

Good luck to all on trying to become one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back