Defective Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoebe

Reaction score
My v3 busted. It had this big black blob on the screen, just appeared there, so we took it apart to see if we could figure out what was going on. If we squeezed that screen (it was really 2 stuck together and the black stuff was in between), we could squeeze the black stuff out, but when we put it back together, it just came back.

The screen with the black in it is not the outside screen, but under it. There is a crack in it too.

It's a physical black blob, not an image on the screen.

Anyone else have defective tama v3s??

Someone else said that many v3s have glitches, but I don't know what kind of glitches.

My v3 busted. It had this big black blob on the screen, just appeared there, so we took it apart to see if we could figure out what was going on. If we squeezed that screen (it was really 2 stuck together and the black stuff was in between), we could squeeze the black stuff out, but when we put it back together, it just came back.
hm... interesting...

i suggest you flip over the screen so the backing is white.

maybe something different will happen...

If you have a spare v1 or v2, take the screen from it and put it in the v3. I say spare as in more than one, so if you only have a single v1 or v2, don't do it.

hm... interesting...i suggest you flip over the screen so the backing is white.

maybe something different will happen...
No, that doesn't make a difference. It's in the plastic screen that all the LCDs are in, so it doesn't even work at all anymore.

Good idea, Ristar. I was thinking of saving it for spare parts for if any other tamas decide to need repair.

I have another v3 on the way!

If you have a spare v1 or v2, take the screen from it and put it in the v3. I say spare as in more than one, so if you only have a single v1 or v2, don't do it.
[SIZE=21pt]Ooo. That's a really good idea! I never thought of that! Kewl.[/SIZE]

All the new Tamagotchi with the high resolution screens, as in the Connection/Connexion series, Plus, Keitai, Cho Jinsei-Enjoy!, etc. use the same LCD panel, so it is possible. It theory, it may even be possible to use the red LCD screen from a Keitai Akai in a regular Connection. But I wouldn't suggest it, because Keitai Akai Tamagotchi prove themselves difficult to get, and they are pricey.

Definitely not a good idea to squeeze the "black stuff" out of an LCD [liquid crystal display]. That will pretty much ruin it.

You'll get a "leaking" LCD if you've REALLY damaged the screen (like, dropped it from a great height or shoved your thumb into the screen). Once an LCD is broken, it's irrepairable. Since you've squeezed it's innards out, I'd say it's pretty much broken.

Well, with the big black blob in there it wasn't good for anything anyway. It was right in the middle of the screen.

yeah, you really gotta be careful with these litte things... they have so many parts! i have taken them completly apart, and there are so many things you can break on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back