Photo
- - - - -

What happened to my friends tama

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

PockyGirl

• pockygirl user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:08 PM ( #1 )

:D This isn't about the new one but about the old tamagotchis. My friend gave me a tamagotchi. I was happy and I put batteries in it. There were two lines like this running through the screen. What happened to it before I got it?(my friend didn't know what it was. where she comes from I don't think they sold them):P

Replies

Views

Started

07 Aug 2004

Last Post

17 Jun 2005

Lozzie

• lozzie user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:21 AM ( #2 )

Sometimes the old ones do show weird things on the screen when the batteries are changed. Have you tried resetting it?

PockyGirl

• pockygirl user photo

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:00 PM ( #3 )

Yes I have tried resetting it. I've raised three tamagotchis on it to. The only problem is the lines going through the tamagotchis waist and feet.

angel_4_you22

• angel-4-you22 user photo
  • Group: First 50 Member

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:02 PM ( #4 )

ohh ok-well i didnt realy get wot da messege sed but im sure ill b able 2 figure it out some day :D

DeadlyParasiticBoy

• deadlyparasiticboy user photo

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:18 PM ( #5 )

ohh ok-well i didnt realy get wot da messege sed but im sure ill b able 2 figure it out some day :)

she said that her Original Tama that her friend gave her had two missing lines of pixels on the bottom when she started it up.

Buffy_fan

• buffy-fan user photo

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:34 AM ( #6 )

Yes I have tried resetting it. I've raised three tamagotchis on it to. The only problem is the lines going through the tamagotchis waist and feet.

Yeah that's what happned to my Dinkie Dinoa tamagotchi lolz! But i ended up smashing that one coz it was all messed up and i was bored :)!

Lozzie

• lozzie user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:42 AM ( #7 )

Really? Mine keeps on resetting itself! The longest I had it was 3 days before it reset itself. Talk about a suicidal v pet! :) In the end, I took it apart and used it to ahem, surgically enhance my real Dinkie Dino. :)

Anyway, it sounds like that Tamagotchi has been damaged in some way.

angel_4_you22

• angel-4-you22 user photo

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:26 PM ( #8 )

i get it now-r u sure u didnt wet it? ;) cus dat happened 2 my m8 1ce and part of her screen werent wrkin <_<

Tamagotchi fan boy

• tamagotchi-fan-boy user photo

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:55 PM ( #9 )

My tama has a line of broken pixels......and when I check the heath meter... IT'S HALF A HEART

jeminy

• jeminy user photo

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:04 PM ( #10 )

:huh: This isn't about the new one but about the old tamagotchis. My friend gave me a tamagotchi. I was happy and I put batteries in it. There were two lines like this running through the screen. What happened to it before I got it?(my friend didn't know what it was. where she comes from I don't think they sold them):(

well maybe u put the wrong kind of batteries in it,u put the batteries in it the wrong way,or the batteries might not have been good 2 begin with. what do u think?

G+J

• gj user photo

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:22 PM ( #11 )

I believe I had the same problem! Try wacking it (even though resetting worked for me.).

G+J

• gj user photo

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:29 PM ( #12 )

well maybe u put the wrong kind of batteries in it,u put the batteries in it the wrong way,or the batteries might not have been good 2 begin with. what do u think?

Agree, you're supposed to use CR-2030 Battery. :huh: :(

jeminy

• jeminy user photo

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:10 PM ( #13 )

Agree, you're supposed to use CR-2030 Battery. :huh: :(

thats very true

Ratstar

• ratstar user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:24 PM ( #14 )

I believe it is possible to get lines of dead pixels in the older lcd displays, but I don't know what causes it <remembers an old game boy she saw with the same problem>.

PockyGirl

• pockygirl user photo

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:10 AM ( #15 )

I believe it is possible to get lines of dead pixels in the older lcd displays, but I don't know what causes it <remembers an old game boy she saw with the same problem>.

:P this topic was over a year ago. I think its dead pixels like you said. I have it up and running right now with no problems other then that. About batteries, this is an original P2 NOT a connection.

allygotchi

• allygotchi user photo

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:13 AM ( #16 )

Well mine did that before...All i did was tighten the screws on te back of the tama. But no to tight or toy wont beable to get them out again.

G+J

• gj user photo

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:10 PM ( #17 )

:rolleyes: this topic was over a year ago. I think its dead pixels like you said. I have it up and running right now with no problems other then that. About batteries, this is an original P2 NOT a connection.

So the problem is fixed?