Is it fake?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jellybean1986

Reaction score
I just bought a tamagotchi off ebay and it has not arrived yet, but the closer i looked i realised it did not have tamagotchi written across the top. How can you tell if it is fake?

It does look like a tama but it said choose from over 50 pets when it starts up!!! That doesnt sound right to me!!

if it dosent have tamagotchi writen on it it's a fake..... sorry :)

oh, but i hope that you will have fun with the faketama too. :) don't be sad, maybe it's the best ever. xD

do you have a picture, or the link to the ebay pic where you bid from? that would help....

Kyliesmum

if you can still contact the person who u bought it from & ask them where they gotten it from...

and with ebay, when you get your item and it is fake... if the listing says it's a tama and not "like a tama" you can make them take it back despite what the listing says... and you can report them to ebay. they can even be banned as a seller. but just wait until you actually get it to be sure that it's fake... and don't open the packaging.

counterfeit ebay help

you may need to sign in on ebay to read this link properly, and

you can also do a search also on ebay's msg board.

good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a tamagotchi off ebay and it has not arrived yet, but the closer i looked i realised it did not have tamagotchi written across the top. How can you tell if it is fake?It does look like a tama but it said choose from over 50 pets when it starts up!!! That doesnt sound right to me!!
Check the listed photo to see if the package says "Bandai" on it. If the so-called tama doesn't say Bandai on it, it is a FAKE.

Some fake examples include those with "JD" or "SK". Only genuine tamagotchis say Bandai.

:unsure: :) :eek:

I just bought a tamagotchi off ebay and it has not arrived yet, but the closer i looked i realised it did not have tamagotchi written across the top. How can you tell if it is fake?It does look like a tama but it said choose from over 50 pets when it starts up!!! That doesnt sound right to me!!
it isnt...

but, i guess you can leave some not-so-good feedback if the seller lied to you..

If it doesn't have the word tamagotchi on top and it says choose from 50 pets, it probably is one of those fake ones. They did this with Dinkie Dinos when they were really famous, these 50 in 1 things came out, on the outside they looked just like Dinkie Dino, but were fake ones. Next time, look for the BanDai logo. That can not be faked.

Ra,

Sorry, But right now I'm thinking its a fake.....

Perhaps, it is just as fun as a genuine tama.....

hope this helped.

forever,

Kelly_Clarkson8

i just emailed em to ask if it's authentic. to me, it doesn't look like one i've seen... but i could be wrong. by ebay's standards, they have to give total disclosure on the item. you said you already won the auction and paid for it? keep us posted. i buy and sell on ebay and if you need any help figuring what to do next, just say the word... it's a serious offense to list something under a liscenced name if it is not authentic.

hey, i just heard back from the seller.

sad news, it's not real. the seller said that it states in the sales ad that it's not a bandai product.

sorry.

it's always good to read your auction info carefully. but at the same time, i'm going to report them for using a brand name in the auction title. (i'm an adult and it makes me mad when kids get taken advantage of...) ebay does take stuff like this seriously.

hope that helps, and good luck next time!

never mind i didnt read squaregotchigirls post

Last edited by a moderator:
tamas cant 'fight'

what is it about them 'fighting' on the ebay ad?

that would have made it obvious to me, anyway.

*tho we already kno its fake.*

also, this is a fraud,

since tamagotchi is a redgistered name.

you cannot use it for fakes!

The only genuine tamagotchis I have seen that don't have "tamagotchi" written on the top are from the v2 twin packs released in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back