local meet up?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloKitty93

Reaction score
Y'know, it isn't hard to set up a local "meet-up" (it's a thing through the good ol' interweb that lets people know that a bunch of people want to meet about abc on date xyz and let's them vote on where and stuff), so small impromptu get-togethers with other Tamagotchi Con* users in your area isn't that difficult to accomplish. All you need is people who are interested.
i thought that was a good idea...except all of us are so spread out....I know there are quite a few people from the UK and NJ. Is neone else from chicago? I'm thinking we need to wait till the site gets bigger, no?

I would think so... Anyone want me to set up an area of TamaTalk that has area specific stuff? Like a thread for UK, USA, etc... Then subcategories for states, provinces, etc.? It could easily get out of hand... But I assume as more members sign on we can start getting to know others in our area. Too much? Too scary? :)

Any thoughts?

https://virtualpet.meetup.com

If you sign up for meetup.com, as more and more people sign up and express an interest in virtual pet meetups, then you'll be able to vote on places to get together, etc. As of right now, I'm the only one interested in a meetup in Ottawa v_v;;

I'm not trying to be a walking adspace for these people or anything. It's a good way to meet other people interested in the same thing as you who aren't active in forums (not everybody is, after all!). So pop in, sign up, get the e-mails and participate. It's a good way to organize get-togethers.

I'd be happy to help out with a sub-forum for people interested in getting together about tamagotchi in either Nova Scotia or Ontario if that's any help to you admin :) As fun as big, out-of-control get-togethers are, forum-based ones are fun too :)

I'm not trying to be a walking adspace for these people or anything. It's a good way to meet other people interested in the same thing as you who aren't active in forums (not everybody is, after all!).
:p :eek: You mean not everyone is into forums!? :eek: :eek: Oh! The HORROR! :)

Either way will work for me... We can make the arrangements here or if people prefer an off site method thats fine too. :)

:eek: :eek: You mean not everyone is into forums!? :eek: :eek: Oh! The HORROR! :lol:
I know! I don't know how people could NOT like forums, they're my favorite part of the interweb :D All my cousins who have ADD and ADHD think they move too slowly, but I like the leisurely pace that a forum provides.

I personally don't like the idea of a meet up. I mean there could be anyone on this site that means to do harm to people. Have you read in the paper about people who have gone to meet someone from the internet and end up dead. I'm sorry but I feel it wouldn't be safe.

That's why you're supposed to look after yourself and not agree to meet people you don't know on a one-on-one basis in a dark alley in the middle of the night without bringing someone you know and trust.

I know a lot of people that have met people from the 'net. I met my boyfriend on the internet and now, we know each other in real life, and he's not a crazy psycho killer. You have to evaluate a situation and decide for yourself what's best. What we're talking about is a large get-together of people (and not just this forum, when I think of this potential event, I think hundreds of people, if we could ever find a venue for that!). A convention, if you will. Plenty of conventions are organized on the internet.

Do abductions and crimes happen because of people who thought it'd be ok to meet person XYZ on the internet? Yeah, of course. But that's not the fate of every internet-based gathering. If you're young, then you should let people you know IRL know exactly what's going on (or even bring an older family member) and your internet-based meetings should not be one-on-one.

Im not from Chicago live very close to it though like 30 minutes away :huh:

8 people wanting to meet up in Leeds, England. Does that include any of you guys on here?

[SIZE=8pt]I would consider going if there was one in ny... [/SIZE]

-mayumi

I'll see you there blurain, lol, yeah i would go to one if there was one in NewYork, kind of like those Trading Card Game League's, it would be the

"Tamagotchi Breeding Sessions",lol, if the cenators don't shut them down, :D

kind of like those Trading Card Game League's, it would be the"Tamagotchi Breeding Sessions",lol, if the cenators don't shut them down, :D
Or if the parents don't freak out... I can hear it now

"What do you mean you are going to a BREEDING SESSION!!?"

Probably need a safer name. :p :D

I don't know, if we made t-shirts that said "2004 Tamagotchi Breeding Session", that'd be pretty cool ;)

[SIZE=8pt]"Breeding Sessions" haha ;) [/SIZE]

-Mayumi

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds %100 unsafe, you are meeting people from the internet and there are many people taken away due to this. Its horrible knowing some websites are even allowing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back