Photo
- - - - -

Advanced help needed for original Tamagotchi...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Zakura

• zakura user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:22 AM ( #1 )

Hello, everyone.

I have an original (English) Tamagotchi, one that came out during 96/97, that I had bought off of eBay only months before the new V1 came out. But anyway, now that I have two V1's, two V2's, and a V3, I have what I believe is an advanced question for the original.

You see, I went to start playing with it again when I noticed the buttons barely worked. I inserted new batteries, but still, it didn't seem to work. However, using a very blunt pencil point, I'm able to get the buttons to work. My question is, is there anything I can do that would make the buttons work better? Like maybe, if I open up my Tamagotchi, is there something I could adjust to make them work better? Thanks in advance for any help.

~Zakura

Replies

Views

Started

09 Apr 2006

Last Post

09 Apr 2006

~Tamagotchi Boy Forever!~

• tamagotchi-boy-forever user photo

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:24 AM ( #2 )

You mean when you press the buttons they don't work? That happened to mine because i dropped it too much... ^_^ lol

Zakura

• zakura user photo

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:28 AM ( #3 )

Yeah, like when I press them, it's like I didn't press anything. However, if I press them down with a blunt pencil point, and go below the shell, they seem to work fine.

mimitchi&hanatchilover

• mimitchihanatchilover user photo

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:30 AM ( #4 )

Maybe the pad where they sit to make the buttons press has detached or something.

Zakura

• zakura user photo

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:32 AM ( #5 )

It's possible...I will have to find a small screwdriver and see if I can see anything wrong with it...

Thanks for the help so far, by the way.

Edited by Zakura, 09 April 2006 - 09:32 AM.

Zakura

• zakura user photo

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:49 PM ( #6 )

Well, I performed a bit of "surgery" on my little Tamagotchi, and opened it up completely, and now it works much better! Not as nice as the newer ones, but that doesn't bother me. I'm just happy it's working again!