- - - - -

TamaTalk has a new sister site!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:04 PM ( #1 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
I am really excited to announce something today... A long time ago (well last summer) we had a number of requests for a better system of providing Tamagotchi Logs in which others could not make posts in somebody's log... The search for a solution ended up spawning a side project that still fits the need but is a lot different from where the original request led me.

The side project has been on and off again over the past 10 months and I think is now ready for a preview for TamaTalkers... So what is the project? A new site called Blogagotchi. This ia a blog site in which anyone can get a free account to open their own blog (or more than one blog if you want). It fits the bill for Tamagotchi logs perfectly in that the person can enter their own info and choose if others can comment on it or not. It also ends up being a lot more flexible in that you can do a lot of other things too including changing the whole look to fit what you want/need. We have permission from Bandai to create some themes using Tamagotchis on them for those who want to really create a look for their page. Those are coming soon...

We also took the Tamagotchi pet idea into it and have a little pet (called a Blogagotchi) that sits on the top to let you know if your page has been "fed" recently or not. Not updating the page? The blogagotchi gets sad, angry, sleeps or eventually dies... The logic behind the pets will evolve a lot more in the near future... But for now it depends on when you last fed it. There are still a few rough edges that need finishing... But we figured the original idea for this started on TamaTalk and so TamaTalkers should have a first peak at our new sister site before the world starts finding out.

I have started an official TamaTalk blog at Blogagotchi where you can read up on the latest developments and thoughts on how things are going. Some of what is posted there might eventually make it onto TamaTalk... But others might just give you a behind the scenes look.

S check it out... See some of the others who have opened accounts already to get an idea for what a blog is like and think of ways you can do it your own way. I think the two sites together have a lot of potential and we look forward to hearing what you think and seeing what you can do with this new tool.

Interested? Sick of reading my description?

Go to Blogagotchi.com now! :D

Replies

Views

Started

14 Apr 2006

Last Post

21 Nov 2006

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:15 PM ( #2 )

A quick note to add here... As far as the two sites are concerned... TamaTalk and Blogagotchi are going to be run as two separate sites... Let's please try not to confuse Blogagotchi into TamaTalk by posting help topics and stuff like that in the TamaTalk forums! We still aim to keep our Tamagotchi focus here at TamaTalk! Eventually Blogagotchi will have its own area for these things... It's just not ready yet. :D

Vicky Liu

• vicky-liu user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:47 PM ( #3 )

This is nice... :unsure:

Roar The Tiger

• roar-the-tiger user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:48 PM ( #4 )

I didn't think you could reply to this topic, I just have one thing to say, Is it for tamas only, as people say?

tamagotchi rules

• tamagotchi-rules user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:55 PM ( #5 )

I didn't know either.
Maybe Admin hasn't enabled that feature for no comments
in this topic...A lot of the topics here are closed. Anyways, I don;t use mine
for my Tamagotchi. A lot of people don't. I guess you can use it for about anything. *Shrugs*

haze

• haze user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:35 PM ( #6 )

As I did say in one of my blog entries, I really enjoy the Blogagotchi! The templates are so easy to edit, allowing you to adapt your Template to fit your needs, and interests, the system of it is really good also! It perfect ;)

//Haze

griffen

• griffen user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:07 PM ( #7 )

whats a blogg?

_Tama_Fan_

• tama-fan user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:12 PM ( #8 )

I thought I Couldn't Reply...

Well That's AWESOME!!
I can Make Logs and NO ONE Can Reply on them!!
Awesome!!

I made an Account ;)
It's really Nice!

You're the Best Admin Ever!!

minnygotchi

• minnygotchi user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:04 PM ( #9 )

Im searching for suuuuuuuuuper cute Tamagotchi's Gifs, can someone send me one of those??????

:( :rolleyes: <_< :mellow: :wacko: PM ME NOW!!!! :angry: :huh: :lol: :o ;)

hysterical_oliver

• hysterical-oliver user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:05 PM ( #10 )

I like it

it gives me a place to rant about all the stuff noone I know wants to listen to..

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:08 PM ( #11 )

I didn't think you could reply to this topic, I just have one thing to say, Is it for tamas only, as people say?

Blogagotchi can be used for ANYTHING! The idea started as a tamagotchi log idea but it enables us to do a lot more now... I'm not going to restrict anything (well as long as it isn't bad/illegal).

tama22

• tama22 user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:31 PM ( #12 )

Why can only people 13 years old and up join?

It's not Fair! :ph34r:

Dr@g@n

• drgn user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:44 PM ( #13 )

Why can only people 13 years old and up join?

It's not Fair! :ph34r:

Just check the box even if you're under that age...

Anyway... I signed up, but my dad has put all kinds of filters on my e-mail so I can't get the activation code. T_T I REALLY want to join because I can use my HTML skills and I'll finally have a blog that the "popular" people don't know about... This makes me so upset!

ShAwDy_1

• shawdy-1 user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:42 PM ( #14 )

Just check the box even if you're under that age...

Anyway... I signed up, but my dad has put all kinds of filters on my e-mail so I can't get the activation code. T_T I REALLY want to join because I can use my HTML skills and I'll finally have a blog that the "popular" people don't know about... This makes me so upset!

Ummm the point isn't to check the box even if you are under the age..It's set at 13 for a reason,which is there wouldn't be much touble etc on Blogagotchi...
----
Anyway I like Blogagotchi,it's fun and if I understood more on how to use HTML I sure would enjoy changing up some templates :ph34r:

~shawdy~

georgiakate1

• georgiakate1 user photo

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:50 PM ( #15 )

I really love it - it IS great fun - and a really nice way to keep up with everyone's news.
Thanks you so much Admin and everyone who has helped in getting it all up and working :ph34r:
GK1

kthrne

• kthrne user photo

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:49 AM ( #16 )

Actully, I tryed to get in, and it said that im not allowed in coz im under 13!
thats not fair! Im 13 next year!

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:41 PM ( #17 )

The 13 and over rule is there because Blogagotchi is not going to be as restrictive on what can be posted. Sorry if this disappoints anyone. :D

And yes... The point is not to just click that you are 13... It's there for a reason. *ahem*

Honestly though... I struggled a lot with the decision to go 13 and over... It wasn't just to be mean. Instead I wanted those who are posting to feel as free as they want to post whatever they want... But to do that we needed to make some decisions. :) Again... Sorry if it disappoints.

Memyselfandi

• memyselfandi user photo

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:50 PM ( #18 )

The 13 and over rule is there because Blogagotchi is not going to be as restrictive on what can be posted. Sorry if this disappoints anyone. :D

And yes... The point is not to just click that you are 13... It's there for a reason. *ahem*

Honestly though... I struggled a lot with the decision to go 13 and over... It wasn't just to be mean. Instead I wanted those who are posting to feel as free as they want to post whatever they want... But to do that we needed to make some decisions. :) Again... Sorry if it disappoints.

OF COURSE IT DISAPPOINTS!!
...*cough cough*...sorry.....

er...It just seems a little unfair...what I'm saying is...it's not your fault, Admin, so don't feel bad...I just think that...oh never mind...it's a dumb idea anyway... :-(

Alimania

• alimania user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:58 PM ( #19 )

The 13 and over rule is there because Blogagotchi is not going to be as restrictive on what can be posted.  Sorry if this disappoints anyone. :D 

And yes...  The point is not to just click that you are 13...  It's there for a reason. *ahem*

Honestly though...  I struggled a lot with the decision to go 13 and over...  It wasn't just to be mean.  Instead I wanted those who are posting to feel as free as they want to post whatever they want...  But to do that we needed to make some decisions.  :D  Again...  Sorry if it disappoints.

Don't sweat it, Admin. :(

I to, think it's a good idea, and I hope nobody fakes their age. Blogagotchi might want to be for teens, so maybe that's the reason.

Like Admin said, he hopes for no disappointments. He only hopes for the best. :D

:D Alimania :)

chowchow

• chowchow user photo

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:08 PM ( #20 )

ty ty ty ty u rok admin