- - - - -

TamaTalk has a new sister site!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

RachelGotchi

• rachelgotchi user photo
  • FOUR TIME Lifetime Angelgotchi
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:10 PM ( #21 )

Thank you so much Admin! It is a cool idea!

Roar The Tiger

• roar-the-tiger user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:51 AM ( #22 )

Blogagotchi can be used for ANYTHING! The idea started as a tamagotchi log idea but it enables us to do a lot more now... I'm not going to restrict anything (well as long as it isn't bad/illegal).

Oh good, Becuase I've been rambling on about anything in my blog for the last 4 days now.

Grub Insanity

• grub-insanity user photo

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:30 AM ( #23 )

i lied bout my age, as usual, my mother dont mind

shes da boss XD

octobertama95

• octobertama95 user photo

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:18 AM ( #24 )

I think it's so silly that you have to be 13+ to join.

chaochy56

• chaochy56 user photo

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:36 PM ( #25 )

Admin, im not goin against you or anything but maybe could you drop the age thing down a little? theres a lot of members on the site that actually want to use it (like me) and arn't old enough. besides, i dont see how it should be since its similar to tamatalk, yet only in a blog version.(by the way i like the idea of a tama blog! good goin!) could you think about that for me?

lil*kitty*kat

• lilkittykat user photo

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:32 PM ( #26 )

cool...but y do u have to be 13 or older? its no fair to yunger peple!

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:48 AM ( #27 )

Is there an area there that establishes rules? I'd kinda like to know what I can and cannot say as far as the freedom of speech goes. Like to know what kind of language I can use without a moderator or someone there having a tantrum about it.

Guys, if you're under 13, just say you're the right age if it's creating such a problem with yourself. x.x Just understand not to whine at people when you see things you don't like. Be open minded to things.

Edited by sweet kandi, 19 April 2006 - 01:49 AM.

jappyx

• jappyx user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Admin Team

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:27 AM ( #28 )

Yes, you can find the TERMS OF SERVICE AND CONDITIONS over here: http://www.blogagotc....php?task=terms

As for just clicking you're over 13.. Admin said this a few posts above:

And yes...  The point is not to just click that you are 13...  It's there for a reason. *ahem*

:unsure:

Bell Sprout

• bell-sprout user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:10 AM ( #29 )

The rules of the site are pretty relaxed, in fact, provided you don't do something criminal or start trying to harrass other people then you can pretty much write as you please. Now step outside the box for a one moment. It is perhaps not unreasonable for Admin to ask that all users be at least 18+ which such freedom of expression is allowed. It would not be unreasonable for Admin to say that until you are legally an adult that you cannot decide to expose yourself to such conditions and partipate in such a site. However, you have all been given the benefit of the doubt in regards to your maturity in regards to handling true freedom of speech and expression. And although you all believe that you are mature enough at whatever age you are, as moderators we have come to learn that this is not the case by the amount of bickering and silly behaviour that occurs on this forum on a day to day basis where expression, posting and language is moderated down to the rediculously PC.

chaochy56

• chaochy56 user photo

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:18 AM ( #30 )

still, i really dont get why under 13 people cant use blogs and over 13's can. i just really dont get what the difference will make if your over 13 or not! just a question admin, why did you choose for only 13's and older to use blogagotchi?( not in a mean way, just wondering!)

Edited by chaochy56, 19 April 2006 - 10:18 AM.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:36 PM ( #31 )

The reason over 13 was used is the same reason we have the under 13 permission forms to sign up for TamaTalk (all of you under 13 sent one of those in, right?)... We try to keep things friendly here for people of all ages. We aren't going to be moderating nearly as much for a blog site. As mentioned, the rules are a lot more relaxed. I have faith in people not just saying they are over 13 when they really aren't.

katep1997

• katep1997 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:52 PM ( #32 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
I am really excited to announce something today... A long time ago (well last summer) we had a number of requests for a better system of providing Tamagotchi Logs in which others could not make posts in somebody's log... The search for a solution ended up spawning a side project that still fits the need but is a lot different from where the original request led me.

The side project has been on and off again over the past 10 months and I think is now ready for a preview for TamaTalkers... So what is the project? A new site called Blogagotchi. This ia a blog site in which anyone can get a free account to open their own blog (or more than one blog if you want). It fits the bill for Tamagotchi logs perfectly in that the person can enter their own info and choose if others can comment on it or not. It also ends up being a lot more flexible in that you can do a lot of other things too including changing the whole look to fit what you want/need. We have permission from Bandai to create some themes using Tamagotchis on them for those who want to really create a look for their page. Those are coming soon...

We also took the Tamagotchi pet idea into it and have a little pet (called a Blogagotchi) that sits on the top to let you know if your page has been "fed" recently or not. Not updating the page? The blogagotchi gets sad, angry, sleeps or eventually dies... The logic behind the pets will evolve a lot more in the near future... But for now it depends on when you last fed it. There are still a few rough edges that need finishing... But we figured the original idea for this started on TamaTalk and so TamaTalkers should have a first peak at our new sister site before the world starts finding out.

I have started an official TamaTalk blog at Blogagotchi where you can read up on the latest developments and thoughts on how things are going. Some of what is posted there might eventually make it onto TamaTalk... But others might just give you a behind the scenes look.

S check it out... See some of the others who have opened accounts already to get an idea for what a blog is like and think of ways you can do it your own way. I think the two sites together have a lot of potential and we look forward to hearing what you think and seeing what you can do with this new tool.

Interested? Sick of reading my description?

Go to Blogagotchi.com now! :(

Great website,Admin!

Best Regards,
KP

daniwigg

• daniwigg user photo

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:15 PM ( #33 )

sorry if i offend you but i can't go on it cause i am 8 years old and you have two be at least 13 years old two sign up which i think is not that fair sorry if i offend you

[SIZE=7] hi if you need a friend just pm me or just some tama advise i will always be there

Edited by daniwigg, 19 April 2006 - 02:15 PM.

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:28 PM ( #34 )

The rules of the site are pretty relaxed, in fact, provided you don't do something criminal or start trying to harrass other people then you can pretty much write as you please. Now step outside the box for a one moment. It is perhaps not unreasonable for Admin to ask that all users be at least 18+ which such freedom of expression is allowed. It would not be unreasonable for Admin to say that until you are legally an adult that you cannot decide to expose yourself to such conditions and partipate in such a site. However, you have all been given the benefit of the doubt in regards to your maturity in regards to handling true freedom of speech and expression. And although you all believe that you are mature enough at whatever age you are, as moderators we have come to learn that this is not the case by the amount of bickering and silly behaviour that occurs on this forum on a day to day basis where expression, posting and language is moderated down to the rediculously PC.

Good point *nods*

Jappyx, I looked in the terms of service and it didn't mention anything about language x.x'

Liz!

• liz user photo

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:01 AM ( #35 )

I would signup but I dont have a site

Bubbles11

• bubbles11 user photo

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:54 AM ( #36 )

Thats dumb you have to be 13 to join. :marumimitchi:

pangypanda

• pangypanda user photo

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:06 AM ( #37 )

:wacko: sniff i dont have e mail address :ph34r: :angry: :wacko:

chaochy56

• chaochy56 user photo

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:42 PM ( #38 )

The reason over 13 was used is the same reason we have the under 13 permission forms to sign up for TamaTalk (all of you under 13 sent one of those in, right?)... We try to keep things friendly here for people of all ages. We aren't going to be moderating nearly as much for a blog site. As mentioned, the rules are a lot more relaxed. I have faith in people not just saying they are over 13 when they really aren't.

Thanks admin! i understand you a lot more now! anyway, great site!

cutie_4_life

• cutie-4-life user photo

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:35 PM ( #39 )

This is awsome you guysshould try it ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :D :D :rolleyes: :) :wub: :ichigotchi: :chohimetchi: :marumimitchi:

Funkiecowgirl

• funkiecowgirl user photo

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:24 PM ( #40 )

Is this a tamagotchi thing?