Photo
- - - - -

Server upgrade coming soon!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:57 PM ( #1 )

It's been in the wishlist and planning stages for a while now... But TamaTalk is finally on track to move to a new faster server. This move should improve on the speed and get rid of those pesky times when the site won't work for you. While the move is taking place, the site will be turned offline and you will not be able to login. Be patient! We will be back soon after and nothing should change (except it will be faster). Same address... Same everything... But faster (did I mention it would be faster? :lol: ) I'll post here when I know exactly when the upgrade will take place. Just don't worry if you visit us and no site comes up or an offline message appears. ^_^ This will be an exciting move for us...

Replies

Views

Started

01 May 2006

Last Post

05 May 2006

Roar The Tiger

• roar-the-tiger user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:00 PM ( #2 )

Cool! Yeah, The times where TamaTalk doesn't load up is rather annoying, becuase it allways happens when I'm posting a topic xD.
I'm REALLY Happy about this new *Upgrade*.

Hail Admin! *Virtual applause*

-Rtt-

iml0nely

• iml0nely user photo

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:23 PM ( #3 )

YAY!!! I always blamed my computer, but turns out, Its not!! XP

mimitchi&hanatchilover

• mimitchihanatchilover user photo

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:28 PM ( #4 )

YAHOO! iml0nely, I always blamed MY computer also, and it's one of the newer versions of computers: Windows XP!!

And sometimes when I clicked on a topic, it started loading and it didn't say anything in the bar at the bottom... it was just loading... then I clicked the Stop sign above the adress bar, it stayed where it was! IT'S ANNOYING!!

Thankyou Admin, now this icky not-loading stuff will go away! :P

cho_jinsei

• cho-jinsei user photo

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:29 PM ( #5 )

That's great! I was worried for the future of Tamatalk! lol, but i guess it's going to be fixed!

murcielago

• murcielago user photo

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:42 PM ( #6 )

COOL? :P

Victoria

• victoria user photo

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:50 PM ( #7 )

It's been in the wishlist and planning stages for a while now... But TamaTalk is finally on track to move to a new faster server. This move should improve on the speed and get rid of those pesky times when the site won't work for you. While the move is taking place, the site will be turned offline and you will not be able to login. Be patient! We will be back soon after and nothing should change (except it will be faster). Same address... Same everything... But faster (did I mention it would be faster? :P ) I'll post here when I know exactly when the upgrade will take place. Just don't worry if you visit us and no site comes up or an offline message appears. :D This will be an exciting move for us...

That is great news!! Except I haven't really had problems with TamaTalk, but sometimes it does take a little bit of time to load some things.

tamatama2005

• tamatama2005 user photo

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:40 PM ( #8 )

That's great! Tamatalk is pretty much always fast for me, but now it will be faster! Sometimes Tamatalk does get frozen... Anyway, YEAH! When will the server not be avalible? Maybe I'll have to find out for myself...

Star_chi

• star-chi user photo

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:08 PM ( #9 )

It's been in the wishlist and planning stages for a while now... But TamaTalk is finally on track to move to a new faster server. This move should improve on the speed and get rid of those pesky times when the site won't work for you. While the move is taking place, the site will be turned offline and you will not be able to login. Be patient! We will be back soon after and nothing should change (except it will be faster). Same address... Same everything... But faster (did I mention it would be faster? :P ) I'll post here when I know exactly when the upgrade will take place. Just don't worry if you visit us and no site comes up or an offline message appears. :D This will be an exciting move for us...

When is it going to be offline?

Piggy950623

• piggy950623 user photo

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:16 PM ( #10 )

It's been in the wishlist and planning stages for a while now... But TamaTalk is finally on track to move to a new faster server. This move should improve on the speed and get rid of those pesky times when the site won't work for you. While the move is taking place, the site will be turned offline and you will not be able to login. Be patient! We will be back soon after and nothing should change (except it will be faster). Same address... Same everything... But faster (did I mention it would be faster? :D ) I'll post here when I know exactly when the upgrade will take place. Just don't worry if you visit us and no site comes up or an offline message appears. :D This will be an exciting move for us...

Yay!!! That will be great Admin!!! It's sooo annoying when I it says there's a error or something. Thank u Admin for making TamaTalk better for us. :P U r the best Admin!!!!

jappyx

• jappyx user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Admin Team

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:42 AM ( #11 )

When is it going to be offline?

Admin says s/he will post when s/he knows when the site will be offline. :)

Aweome news Admin! :D

daniwigg

• daniwigg user photo

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:17 AM ( #12 )

yeah that is great cause sometimes when i tr and post a reply i click it and none of the loading bars come up at the bottom so that is great

if u need help with tamas or just some random advice pm me i will always be there to help and i am sure we will have a laugh

quote of the week:`ooh ur tama just gave mine a poo but how can that happen there in love ooh`

daniwigg daniwigg

Edited by daniwigg, 02 May 2006 - 04:19 AM.

Bubba28

• bubba28 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:40 AM ( #13 )

OOh Yay! :D
I dont like it when the site goes offline
cuz sometimes I get scared that it wont come back online again :)

haze

• haze user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:29 AM ( #14 )

Excellent news Admin! I actually find the site okay at the moment, with the new server it will be a pleasure to be a member of this site :)
We are truly lucky members to be here!

//Haze

spiffy

• spiffy user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:35 AM ( #15 )

Fantabulous! I was waiting for the new server. ;) Thats simply great Admin-although I hope it doesnt make your pocket feel lighter. :P

*joins in with the virtual applause*

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:54 AM ( #16 )

Schweet X3 I got so sick of the site randomly being down.

Yay for server moves! <3

Angel Firex003

• angel-firex003 user photo

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:04 PM ( #17 )

yay!!!!!! finally the site will be faster!!! its so annoying when i'm trying to post something and theres an error. THANK YOU ADMIN!!!! YOU ROCK!!;) :P :D :D :P B) B) :wacko:

TamagotchiFanatic

• tamagotchifanatic user photo

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:09 PM ( #18 )

YAHOO! iml0nely, I always blamed MY computer also, and it's one of the newer versions of computers: Windows XP!!

And sometimes when I clicked on a topic, it started loading and it didn't say anything in the bar at the bottom... it was just loading... then I clicked the Stop sign above the adress bar, it stayed where it was! IT'S ANNOYING!!

Thankyou Admin, now this icky not-loading stuff will go away! :D

OMG, mimitchi&hanatchilover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Kidding, I Mean, About A-Windows-XP-Being Ur-Computer Part??????????!!!!!!!!!!
Cause, If U'r Not Kidding, Or Lying, Then We Both Have The Same Type Of Computer!!!!!!!!!! Windows XP!!!!!!!!!!
Do U Have Windows Messenger, mimitchi&hanatchilover?????????? And, Is It The Same Thing As MSN??????????
And, What The Heck, I Guess I'll Also Ask This Question, Too!!!!!!!!!!:
Do U Have YIM, Too, mimitchi&hanatchilover??????????
Or Just One Of The Two, Or Both?????????? Cause I Have Both Of Them!!!!!!!!!!

lol :P Sorry About That!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyMandy

• crazymandy user photo

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:37 PM ( #19 )

Nice! But exactly how long will it take?

*Applause*

Vicky Liu

• vicky-liu user photo

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:48 AM ( #20 )

Okay. Now its done. No more OFFLINE!! YAH!! HORRY!!