On Most websites...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamatia

Reaction score
that tamagotchis are aimed at girls but y?

This has been puzzling me for ages but i guess people think football/soccer is just for boys too.

I am a girl but i don't think that it should just be aimed a "school girls" as on article said.

:D :p B) :D B) :p B) :p :D

Maybe because they think that girls are caretakers... But I do know a lot of guys who like tamagotchis! So I think Bandai should think about their target group once more :lol:

Stereotypically girls are caretakers and nurturers while boys are more agressive and action oriented.

I'm an adult male.I don't like caring for animals or children.I don't like the idea of scooping poop,changing diapers,feeding,watering,or anything else required of you if you have kids or pets.I hate cute.I put cute in a blender set on liquify.

But there's something about electronic pets like Furby and Tamagotchi I love.They're pets without the hassle.Easy to get attached to.Real pets can be annoying.Virtual Pets seldom are if ever.

Stereotypically girls are caretakers and nurturers while boys are more agressive and action oriented.
I'm an adult male.I don't like caring for animals or children.I don't like the idea of scooping poop,changing diapers,feeding,watering,or anything else required of you if you have kids or pets.I hate cute.I put cute in a blender set on liquify.

But there's something about electronic pets like Furby and Tamagotchi I love.They're pets without the hassle.Easy to get attached to.Real pets can be annoying.Virtual Pets seldom are if ever.
... I understand the poop part, but just a little bit shocked with the ''cute into a blender set on liquify''... but everybody does have their own say and idea...

Back to topic> Bandai does seem to support the idea of girls owning the tamagotchi rather than boys, in a bunch a ways. Just to name a few...

1) in the tamagotchi connection commercial(canadian), there are two GIRLS playing with the connections, not two boys, or even atleast a boy AND a girl.

2) There are more ''feminine'' colors on tamagotchis(connection), there aren't too many ''masculine'' colors, either than orange and green...

Don't mind me.The blender thing was a joke.Not meant to be taken seriously.

that's really interesting that you are wondering why tamagotchis are aimed towards girls. i don't have an answer, only a opinion. i've never heard of toys that were aimed towards girls and boys aged 10. so maybe there isn't a catigory for both girls and boys. what do you think?

that's really interesting that you are wondering why tamagotchis are aimed towards girls. i don't have an answer, only a opinion. i've never heard of toys that were aimed towards girls and boys aged 10. so maybe there isn't a catigory for both girls and boys. what do you think?
i have no idea...? do you?

On Japan 's Bandai website they wrote that thamagotchis will be aimed at girls in their early teens but i'm an adult guy and really like Tamagotchis (i'm obsessed with electronic gadgets, whatever they are). I think that when a guy reads something like that he'll be discouraged from buying something that is intended for girls, so i just don't get it. Why did bandai say something like that? Anyway, on the european TV promo there are boys who play with tamgotchi. Personally i don't think that tamagotchi is a girl-only thing. I mean look at the famous PC game: The Sims. It basically has the same concept of tyamagotchi, but i know lots of boys and men who play it.

From what I read, the site said that ORIGINALLY Bandai thought the toy up to be aimed at high-school girls, and were surprised to find that thw whole world, not just high-school girls, loved them.

They aren't saying that only girls like them, or boys aren't allowed to play with them.

That's just what they expected MOST of the buyers to be. And from what I can tell, they're right. Most buyers are pre-teen to teen girls.

there's this girl group I just discovered at school today. They bring their tamagotchis, and all connect at once...

I see them alot. One of the girls even goes on the same bus as me. But I'm always doing something else, like football or something. You never see a boy group hanging around like that, if there was, there I am!

Last edited by a moderator:
What I heard was that tamagotchi's were aimed at girls and that digimon(the virtual pet) was aimed at boys.

I'm a male and I loooove tamagotchi's.

p.s. My hinotamatchi finally changed into a hanatchi :huh:

hm.. I think tamagotchis are for boys & girls. They should fix that. :huh:

I'm a girl but I know a lot of boys who like tama's.

They even make tamagotchi skin colours 4 boys, like the black one or the gree one with checkers on it all though I know girls how have thoughs tama's

I have a digimon (but I pefer tama's) and people say there for boys.

Tamagotchis for girls

Digimon for boys

JUST PLAIN OLD STUPID!

Tama's are for everyone!!!!

Im a guy and i like tamagotchis!! I think that they are aimed at everyone.....

I wish my boyfriend or some of my guy friends liked Tamagotchi's... but they're too concerned with Motorcycles and buying a Turbo for their Mustang... lol. Unfortunatley, they're near their twenties. So now I'm trying to get my kid brother into them... hehe!

No flint26 you are so RIGHT there are not that many boy colors i am a boy and i love Tamagotchi i have 5 the only boy color i have found is white with flames and green and orange

pah! im a boy & i care my mate saw on da news about that its stupid its a bit like saying dads dont do anything 4 there kids PANTS -_- :angry: :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back