Beliefs and Imaginary Friends

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelJ

Reaction score
This is a thread where you can tell about your imaginary friends or beliefs you had as a child. Mine will be long, however, because I can remember so much about them.

When I was six, I had my first two IF's. They were Barney and Angela Tuttone (too-TONE-ee).

Barney was the same age as me at the time and would always tell me about going to places on his big-wheeler. The Taj Mahal, Mount Everest, Cincinnati... the list goes on. Sometimes, he'd let me ride with him to school (yeah, we were in the same class and everything).

His big sister, Angela, was a preppy, prissy teenager who talked about boys, nail polish, coffee, and general girly things. We used to go in the hallway alone after dinner and talk. She liked to gossip about the boy that sat next to us (what was a teen doing in kindergarten!?) and our teacher.

Then, when I was eight, I had four more.

"Angel" was a comforting tiny angel girl whom I made up when my second-grade teacher yelled at me for misspelling a word, and I was trying not to cry. Angel either sat on my shoulder or flew around my head, telling me what to do in a bad situation. Sometimes, she'd have to go back to Heaven for her "occasional angel IQ test" and she'd mail me little post cards and letters (which I drew and showed to Papaw). Angel looked just like the first ghost in that cartoon Christmas Carol movie with Mr. Magoo.

Another one was "Maria". She was a Hispanic lady that lived within the pages of my math textbook. She'd always talk to me, tell me silly stories about "back home in New York" or bounce around and hang off of the letters and numbers. She also had a daughter, Rita, but I rarely saw her because she was a loner. Oddly enough, the two women were actually made up when I saw two photos in the textbook.

Then, there was Zelda (from the Sabrina the Teenage Witch comics) and Obi-Wan Kenobe. They were madly in love and were always kissing. Obi-Wan also helped care for Zelda's newborn baby boy from a previous marriage (the baby never grew any older; Zelda's previous hubby died in a plane crash). Then, Zelda and Obi-Wan were able to get married when Obi-Wan got a job in a Ragtime band and made a million dollars. I was the flower girl, the vacuum cleaner was the preacher, and various toys were the guests. Can you say, "Soap Opera"? :D

The last one was my "army" of toys. I had six or seven little toys, including a foot-tall plastic anime bendable dragon thing, a Barbie doll, and a little baby pegasus doll from Hercules. The army was responsible for going into rebellious battle with the grown ups. I can't tell you how many times I shut the kitchen door and screamed at the top of my lungs at the others, while pretending it was General Dragon. General Dragon and General Barbie had an attitude problem and had a slight infatuation with each other, while Pegasus was the perfect little soldeir everyone hated.

One more imaginary team I can remember took place when I was about ten or eleven. I created a cajun/dixie/New Orleans-type band on a shelf on my mom's deck. We were called "The Berts", because each of our names ended in "-bert". There was Jessbert (me), Herbert, Hobert, Bobbert and Billybert. Hobert and I were the singers, Herbert played banjo, Bobbert played the trombone and/or saxophone and Billbert played the harmonica and/or the snare drum. The other band members were toys, by the way.

Wait, I take that back. I also named some of my mom's plants. I can clearly remember a pink vinca flower named Rita (love that name!) and a tomato named Jeremy. They were just like Zelda nad Obi-Wan! :lol:

Even today, all of these little imaginary beings still live in my mind, coming out every-once-and-a-while to say hello. It may seem childish, but IF's can actually be very psychologically reassuring. This means I'm either extremely creative, or horribly disturbed. B)

Now post your beliefs! :D

P.S. Here's a pic of what I thought Angel looked like, except I imagined her with a white dress and wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

I had many imaginary friends... their names were

Pongi-dish

Acy-gracy

fred

lol.... hahahahaha and fred looked like a fir man... hahahaha i had a weird cast of friends B)

hahaha. my imaginary friend was my imaginary kid brother...his name was batman.

i even asked my mom if she would give me a kid borhter so i could name him batman!

I used to believe that everything was alive.

My first IF's were an imaginary sister named Johanna. She was my long lost sister from across the galaxy.

These were some of my imaginings.

First, there was Qerk the spy. I always liked that name- that's where my user came from.

Then, there was Tokoti Quincy. She was an alien from the planet Zorg. Literally, I made up a whole written language-Zorgian, I called it.

There was Maggie Thomas. She was 30 years old and married with 6 children. I think she was a form of rebellion against my mom-she joked that I couldn't date till I was 40.

Revai Urquhart was a fairy. Brook Raven was a character from an Artemis Fowl fan fiction that I wrote and I always liked her.

Finally, there was Holly Masters. I used to do plays about the "Holly Masters Morning Show " with my little brother. He was Igor, the annoying little assitant who messed everything up. He liked being Igor. :huh:

And ColonelJ, you aren't disturbed. Johanna left when I was eight, But the rest live on. Espeshilly Qerk. You'll find a post somewhere on the site with the WWASA NightFlight mentioned. WWASA stands for Woman's Worldwide Secret Agent Association and the NightFlight was controlled by a star and poster every WWASA agent owned in their room. You could choose things like "for the injured","with air conditioning" or "heating", "with refreshments"; You chose from places to go through, like the rainforest or space or the mountains. Then your room would be inserted into the main ship for the night and it would bring you back by morning.

Yeah, I have an overactive imagination.

I had a imaranary friend....

Her name was rose, and it was a pig! She would follow mw to school and she would eat things.

Crazy....

Oh, I just remembered another...

They are twins, and their names are Destiny and Trinity. They are my age and are total opposites. Destiny is a happy-go-lucky, artsy, book-reading optimist, and Trinity is a dark, Shakespeare-loving, technofreak pessimist.

Also, there's one I call Sabrina, who is a little tiny 4-year-old that I take care of because her parents were murdered. She's really hard to make friends with, because she saw the whole thing and the trauma almost made her go crazy. I'm the only one who can talk to or understand her.

How I love Imaginary Friends!

That was so childish of me. But then when I got to 4th grade I started to get a little more mature. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a imagenery friend, her name was Violet. She was nice, but then she got a bit, well u know, lame.

But, I am not teasing anyone still with 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back