To buy or not to buy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Menko

Just saw theese on eBay, and it reminded me of something I saw awhile ago on another 'site.

They are NOT official Ban Dai, but the programing (as far as I know) is identical. If you look at the products themselves they are not actualy claiming to be Tamagotchi's so they're probably not breaking any laws (as for the programing, there could easily be a small viariable in the coding that we wouldn't notice that would get them around any patenting laws). Anyway, I wasn't really planning on getting another ConnX (maybe a Plus though) so if I bought it I wouldn't be taking any money away from Ban Dai.

Just wondering if you yourself would buy one of theese. They are a good price, for thoose of us who don't have much spare cash.

Anyway, even if they aren't Tama's, they are still V-pets.

I am inclined to say don't buy one just because that auction is so misleading... Tag line that says Tamagotchi... Items that look VERY much like Tamagotchi... But a note saying they're not? Don't encourage the seller by buying! Who knows if it works at all. Will it be able to connect with others?

I saw them on another 'site not too long ago (firebox i think). They're a reputable company so they'll probably be halfway decent.

His feedback comments say they aren't as good as the real tama's, but I'd expect some quality build difference.

Anyway, it would be interesting to hatch one at the same time as a Ban Dai tama, but I've decided if I get another conX I'll just get a s/h one. It should cost about the same, and I can connact Ban Dai if anything goes wrong with it.

Honestly, I personally love illigit stuffs. I seek out the fakes to see what the're like. It'd be interesting to see what the differences are and to document it.

I'll buy funny fake toys (I have this great knockoff Gundam that's solid chrome, but only on one side!) but I don't think I would want to waste money on knockoff electronics. It's one thing if it's a similar product like Nano Pets that are still made by a reputable company, but actual fakes tend to be pretty poor quality. I've seen too many knockoff toys break or fall apart right after being opened. I wouldn't trust it if I were you. It's not just a matter of legality if the thing won't work for more than a day, it's a waste of your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back