Forum look strange?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech Admin

Hello!

We are working on some minor tweaks and major overhauls of parts of TamaTalk.com. You might notice some weirdness from time to time with layouts and/or graphics on the site. These should be temporary as code is changed and fine tuned. However, please PM me if the changes are very disruptive or if it makes things look strange for more than a few minutes.

Also... Feel free to let me know if you think the changes stink and want it back the original way. :rolleyes:

*sigh* OK... Let's try this sidebar thing out... The plan is to have lots more of the useful links and such available... As you may have noiticed... There are also a handful of small ads as well. Let's see what the general reaction and response is to this. Above all... We want your input! Like it? Hate it? Don't care? In fact... A poll is coming up. We really do need your input. This site is for you to enjoy and the last thing we want is to make this a place that annoys or distracts you. At the same time, we need to make sure we can keep paying the bills. If the current bandwidth trend is any indication... This could get a little expensive as more people join. The idea is to have something in place to provide for the growth.

yea I have been noticing the site/forum does look strange at times.... :rolleyes: Like one minute everything is ok but then the next things look well odd.. Like text being in odd places like umm squished up or something. I have seen it on other sites like that where things look odd but its more then a few minutes... So far though its only until I refresh the page while on this site.

The sidebar is good. However, there's just one problem. You know where you have to check boxes to delete messages? Well, I can't do that because the sidebar is in the way.

hmm, maybe make your screen resolution better, im on 1024x768 or sumthin and its all nicely laid out, try changing that :D

i dont mind the sidebar, dusnt bother my view and gets the admin a bit of cash :D

well does it matter that its squashed...it will result in good things in the end, money for admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I finally resolved the strange behavior in which the main forum windows would move itself down the side of the screen if the sidebar and banner were longer than the forum. The sidebar and banner shouldn't cause any weirdness anymore. Please let me know if you have any problems. :ph34r:

Last edited:
Just thought I'd add this note... I recently started including Google Ads in the sidebar rotation... Theese ads are supposed to be related to the site content based on what Google says. The amusing part is that the ads seem to be for pet medication (based on real pets not virtual ones). All this talk of pets is throwing Google off. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back