Miuchiz!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one do you plan to buy?

• Miuchiz Bratz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miuchiz Petz

• Miuchiz Monsterz

• None, I don't want one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelChibi

Reaction score
I'm not sure which I'll get. I'm torn between Bratz Yasmin or a Petz. Anyone else have a preference?

Oh yeah, a correction: It's Miuchiz Pawz, not Miuchiz Petz. Sorry for any confusion.

Here's a link to check them all out:

https://miuchiz.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have checked out the site some more and window shopped online and I think I've decided that I want a Pawz Miuchiz, the cat one. It's name is Spike.

My report on Miuchiz:

I bought the Miuchiz Pawz (Spike, the cat version)the day before yesterday and here is the good, the bad, and the ugly on it:

The Good:

1. It's in color (yay)

2. It can move from room to room and interact directly with the items in the rooms, like a small video game.

3. It can be hooked up with other Miuchiz, like the Tama Connection.

4. It can be hooked up to your computer online so you can play in a virtual 3D world and chat, play with other friends and meet new players.

5. Online play is free for up to the first 12 months

The Bad:

1. There are only 3 games to start with; Tic Tac Toe, Rock Paper, Scissors, and a Maze game. Besides the maze game, the other two are really lame and useless for making any real points to spend. (Tic Tac Toe? Puleez! :furawatchi: )

2. Sometimes the screen gets all pixelated. The first one I bought had scratches on the front and totally malfunctioned, so I returned it for an exchange. This one is fine, but the screen still pixelates once in a while.

3. Sometimes the direction button sticks and he doesnt' want to move and you have to press repeatedly to get him to respond.

The Ugly:

1. The online world is really mediocre at this point. The only thing you can do there is play a few different games, which ARE fun, BUT...you don't make any points from them...YET. They say that eventually, in the months ahead, you will be able to make points playing games there, but who knows how long "in the months ahead" can be? For little kids, a month can seem like an eternity! (Plus, I highly suspect that by the time the site becomes interesting, that's when you'll have to pay for a membership! :furawatchi: )

2. The buildings are empty (at least in Haven, the Pawz land)!! There are shops, but they're all empty!! Where's the fun in that??

3. At this point, the only thing there is to do is drive around in the rental cars, walk around, chat with other people and play the few arcade style games. There is a lazer tag game, but I didn't get to check it out in detail. I guess that's ok for free, but I wonder what it's going to cost when all the goodies are finally available? Hmmmm..

All in all, to sum it up, I'd say that I don't regret having it (it IS really cute :hitodetchi: ), but at 30 dollars (WalMart price) I would hesitate to let go of my hard earned allowance if I was a kid. Maybe wait a bit and see how things shape up in the online world before letting go of your money for one of these toys.

In the meantime, I'll keep you updated if things get interesting.

P.S. Edit: On the other hand, I'm 40 years old and my idea of fun and a younger kids idea of fun can be quite different. Maybe I'm just a grouchy old fogie :furawatchi: And perhaps in the future, more games will be available to be downloaded directly into the handheld game.

In Monsterz, instead of mazes, you do a very cheap fighting game... And I don't think you get any points for it, either.

Seems like a good concept, but from the looks of it, was poorly executed. I will not be buying one.

Seems like a good concept, but from the looks of it, was poorly executed. I will not be buying one.
I couldn't have worded that any better myself. It was really a good idea, but they've really botched out how they've carried it out. I got fed up with all their hype and took mine back yesterday and used my money, plus a little more to buy the new GigaPet TV Explorer.

I have a bratz miuchiz.The screen fuzzes up all the time.I like Pixel Chix better:)

PS:Are you a Pixel Chix fan?If you are,please go to this website.It's really cool!But if you are Austrailian,go to this website.

USA website:Everythingirl.com/pixelchix/home

AUST website:pixelchix.com.au

Hope I helped! :lol:

I have a bratz miuchiz.The screen fuzzes up all the time.I like Pixel Chix better:)

PS:Are you a Pixel Chix fan?If you are,please go to this website.It's really cool!But if you are Austrailian,go to this website.

USA website:Everythingirl.com/pixelchix/home

AUST website:pixelchix.com.au

Hope I helped! :p
My Miuchiz always fuzzed up too. That's what I meant by the screen getting 'pixelated' really bad. That, plus a few other reasons is why I took mine and got my money back. I'm not a Pixel Chix fan yet, but I'm getting a car one tonight with some money I got. I really want the Pixel Chix mall really bad. But it's 34 bucks! That's alot of money! I'll likely get one next month. I want the blue house too. I want it all and I want it, like, now! :eek:

Plus, I did go to the site you made a link to as well. :lol: Cool beans!

I have the petz spike one. I have one question: why do they end everything with a z instead of a s?

p.s. LOL!! <----------->LOL!!

no you get ponits for fighting i hade one but reterned it im wait ting for informo

Hey everyone!

I just got a Miuchiz tonight, i saw it about a week ag and couldnt resist getting one. I got the monsterz: inferno. I personally agree that is it a great idea, and that at the moment it is being poorly executed....HOWEVER, i have been caroosing my way around the online portion (or whats there, rather..and every building in the ruins is empty as well..i have a theory about that, will touch it later).

It looks as if these items were released less than 6 months ago (i could be wrong,t hough) and usually within the first year or so, there is bound to be some glitchi-ness with it. I have not expereinced the 'fuzzyness' or 'pixelating' yet, (with the exception of the screen fuzzingand blacking bewtween screens, which its supposed to do).

I did notice someone had mentioned the possiblity (or maybe just a hope) that more games would be able to be downloaded onto the handheld.i actually believe that is going to be true...Seeing as you have to update your handheld via your computer's usb port, as well as the fact that it goes from being rather blank and slow t being quick and everything labeled: i believe they have created this to be repeatedly upgradable. I think of it as a tamagotchi and mini-laptop put together.

Example: in the Monsterz instruction manual there is the following noe (page 16 if you have a monsterz miuchiz):

Note: You may buy more game cartridges[these would be the games you play on the handheld, start with tic tac toe, rock paper sissors], upgrade game system or downloaded games from on-line.

Online play is the worst aspect of this i have seen so far. The graphics are fair, but the entire system seems glitchy--i agree that when it starts getting good will most likely be when they require payment, but i had also noticed while reading up on the online portion, that paying will not be required for main/basic gameplay; just for extra areas/levels/etc. I, personally, believe that in another few months, the online part will be what trulydraws in the purchasing of new Miuchi handhelds.

Also, and i just have to add this in, i think it is a VERY interesting features:

If your miuchiz runs away (due to neglect) than you can either reset, OR you can connect your handheld to yoru computer and log onto the miuchiz website. There, if there are any other 'run away' miuchiz, you can adopt it to your handheld. I am unsure at the moment whether or not this means you can switch chracters (meaning if you buy inferno, and it runs away, i am not sure if you cn adopt a roc online...willlet you know if i find out). I think this is an interesting feature, would be mroe interesting if you can adopt adifferent character, though).

Also, as far as the monsterz go, i read somewhere (cant fidn it in the booklet, maybe was online) that the creatures will grow and evolve over time....i cannot remember where i read that, and not sure exactly what it meant.

Anyway, i just wanted to add in my two-cents....I will not recommend, nor condemn anyone to buying this product...I, personally, am enjoying it, and looking forward to the online part (am extremely excited to have gotten in on it at the ground floor ofthe project..). I hope someof you wll at least give it a chance, even if you wait a few months for the online to get upgraded and grow a bit.

p.s.--also, more character handhelds are set to be released in either november or january. (hoping they add an air or water elemented creature to the monsterz set...)

Orychle

miuchiz sucks!though its kinda original

Bought one on nov 3 2006 and opened it in the car outside the store and it wouldn't turn it on.

Returned it within 10 minutes of buying it.

Brought it home, registered ok, got verification emails etc ok.

Hooked up to known good working USB port on 2 different computers and the computer doesn’t see it !!!

So i can't do a version update, i have 1.04 the current it 1.08, the MIUCHIZ update program says no devices attached.

I can't go online with the MIUCHIZ 3D browser either for the same reason, ie can't see any game attached to USB on computer !!!

I went through the quick start up, got green bars etc.

I'm going to return it again today for a 3rd and if it doesn't connect i GET MY MONEY BACK ASAP tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back