why the delay??

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkindonuts

Reaction score
i already mentioned part of this in the "introductions", but i live in hawaii and almost EVERYWHERE that could possibly carry TC, doesn't have it.

toysrus sold out in 2 hours on aug 15. 3 different kaybee toys don't have it. two different walmarts said that they don't have any (one has no idea that TC even existed, while the other one was supposed to get their shipment this past sunday but never came in) all the other toy stores said their first shipment won't come until early as SEPTEMBER 8TH. :huh:

...WHY DOES HAWAII ALWAYS SEEM TO GET THINGS LATER THAN ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE MAINLAND?? is it because we have to get things boated/flew in, or shipping companies are taking there merry old time getting lost in the pacific?? i dunno. :( grr.

Hehehe...I live in Hawaii too. :huh:

Sometimes it may have something to do with whether or not the product will survive the shipment over. When I was in Arizona, we went to a Bath and Body Works. My mom commented on how we didn't have one here, and the salesperson said it was because the company didn't think that the product would survive the shipment to Hawaii. She said something about the temperature of the cargo area and such. But she did admit that the stuff we bought there would be okay on the plane. The company itself just didn't want to take the chance.

I actually bought my Tamagotchi Connection online. (Pre-order from KB toys.)

I think that we're a week behind the release date of everything (except movies). Probably because of the dock strikes that happened a year or so ago. (Remember when everyone went crazy and started buying toilet paper and rice? :( ) The USA Today insert is a week behind. >.> Has been for a while now.

The fact that we're also out in the middle of the ocean probably also plays a big part in the time it takes for something to get to our shelves. That and sometimes stores are just uninformed. XP

Your best bet would probably be to get it online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel bad sweetie, Tamagotchi Connection is not yet available in Nova Scotia, and we're attached to the mainland! >=O I ended up snatching one up on e-bay.

hm... i found a store that only sells the japanese versions today. :lol:

but still, i want an US version! i'll buy the japanese one when i go to japan in a couple of months.

i guess ill have to wait until... september. grr. not having a credit card yet sucks (hence, not able to buy online)

hm... i found a store that only sells the japanese versions today.  :lol:
but still, i want an US version! i'll buy the japanese one when i go to japan in a couple of months.

i guess ill have to wait until... september. grr. not having a credit card yet sucks (hence, not able to buy online)
If you use the "Bill Me Later" thing on KBToys, you don't need a credit card. They'll let you order your Tamagotchi, you fill out a form with all your information, and when they have confirmation that you've received your Tamagotchi, they'll send you the bill through the mail. So you don't need a credit card at all. :D

Did you find the Japanese tamagotchis at that...japanese store...I can't remember it's name at the moment. >.> One of my sensei's goes there all the time to buy Manga. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back