Probably been asked a million times...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelJ

Reaction score
Is it true that if your Tamagotchi's battery runs down, that you can put it in the freezer? I mean, it could work, but couldn't it mess up some of the other stuff? What'sthe best way to conserve the batteries, and are they fairly cheap?

I've never heard the freezer thing... but the extreme temperatures could affect the battery components somehow... without having a complete battery schematic I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly (I used to be a chemistry major). I haven't had to buy batteries for my tamagotchis yet so I don't know how much they cost, but I have seen them listed on ebay for cheap.

I have never heard that before aswell. I am not sure if putting it in the frezer would do anything...

Umm.. and the batteries arnt too expencive.

Is it true that if your Tamagotchi's battery runs down, that you can put it in the freezer? I mean, it could work, but couldn't it mess up some of the other stuff? What'sthe best way to conserve the batteries, and are they fairly cheap?
That is sooooooooooo weird! :D

Maybe its true, but It sounds freaky????

I don't know....

Well, I heard that putting your Tama in the freezer would "recharge" the batteries.

A) I think the freezer thingy is a rumour, so I wouldn't advise trying it unless one wants to fork out for a Tama!

:D My batteries ran down the other day and I gave my friend the money to buy the batteries. They cost 2.70 euros.

wel I have heard of putting batteries in the freezer..but not tama batteries i know the rechargeble batteries can go in the freezer ;)

if you are REALLY THAT desparate to keep the batteries from dieing all the time, than do this little trick. ( I mean really, putting the battery in the FRIDGE?)

1: get a pencil.(not one too small, though!!!)

2:turn your tama around.

3:with the pencil, poke it into the hole until you hear your tama beep.(this is called resseting it)

4:turn youre tama back around so u see the screen.

5:you see an egg.press "B" (the middle button.)

6:choose "download"

Voilà! your tama is back! but dont do this too much cause after a while ur battery will get ultra tired and it will do that dead battery sighn all the time. To buy batteries they usually cost around 5$ each. youll need a 3 volt battery(i think)

Wait!!! DON'T put it in the freezer! Unless you don't care for a particular Tama and don't care if it whacks out for good, then you can test. What's wrong with just buying new batteries??

No, I won't put it in the freezer. I was just looking for a fairly cheap way to rechargethe batteries. ;)

We store out batterys in the fridge. But that's before we use them... I wouldn't recomend putting the actualy tamagotchi in there! Esp. dont put it in the freezer, as it will (strangly enough) freeze the tamagothchi ;)

Yeah, my family keeps film and batteries in the fridge, it helps to preserve them but in no way recharges them... freezing would need to push the ions within the battery to the polar ends (energy is made from a battery when ions bounce off of each other and create a charge) and freezing just doesn't do that... seriously, try eBay. I got 10 for $5. Or you can buy them at Wal-mart for $3 for one, they really aren't that expensive and it would be a lot better to spend the money every three months than fighting a losing battle, because eventually you will lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back