how do u think u pronounce manga?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how do u think manga is pronouncd

• may. n . ga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mon.gah

• man.ga

• whats manga?

• mone.ga

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you talking about

(and newbiekidlex did you get my email? im sorry!)

mahng gah

Last edited by a moderator:
guys manga (pronounce mon.gah) is a super popular form of japanese comics that are sometimes translated into english and brought to the other parts of the world!!!

Eh? I asked a comic store guy and he said it was "man.ga". He said he was sure of it.

I've heard it pronounced both ways equally.

The guys who work in it call it Mon.ga.-straight from the experts.

I prefer saying it mayng.g-ah though.

Japanese has five basic vowels, usually referred to as short vowels, which are romanized as a, i, u, e, and o. These are pronounced approximately like the "a" in "father," the "ee" in "feet," the "oo" in "mood," the "e" in "met," and the "o" in "fort," respectively.

"Manga" is a Japanese word that means "comic book," so it should be pronounced the Japanese way -- which would be "mahn-gah."

Say it whatever way you want though; I say it the way I described above (sounds nicer). XD The word always makes me think of "Magna Carta."

people at my school keep pronouncing it mang . ah and its driving me crazy!! some dont have any idea that manga is from japan!!!

i dont like their ignorence...one bit....

thats what one kid said....but know hes pronouncing mon.gah!!!! besides wouldnt u want to pronounced the real japanese way instead of using the ''english'' way? too many people are watching anime or reading manga and they dont have any idea thats its from japan!!!Too many japanese shows are being taken out of their original country and made to suit the united states!!!!! the japanese need to say know every once in a while.Also people in the US should watch anime in japanese and not ''dubbed'' in english!!!You could learn a lot from watching or reading anime or manga in japanese.I think i've have made my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back