Buttons Wearing Down

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiko-Sama

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on what do do when the buttons of the Tamagotchi get worn down? (Short of buying a new one. :p )

I couldn't fix the buttons on my first Tama (the ones issued in '96 or so) so I had to stop playing with it. *sniffle* The middle ( B ) button wore down first. It got so hard to push, and eventually it got stuck. ^^;;

So...any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
um... perhaps not pressing hard on the buttons to create unnecessary pressure in the first place? i dunno.

my 96 tama never had that problem. maybe because every now and then i would open the tama and take out the buttons and roll the rubber around in my fingers to make it more "flexy"... and kinda "dust" the button area to rid of any foreign crud laying around the button area that might interfere with the button pressing. my buttons worked always worked perfect. :p

um... perhaps not pressing hard on the buttons to create unnecessary pressure in the first place? i dunno.
my 96 tama never had that problem. maybe because every now and then i would open the tama and take out the buttons and roll the rubber around in my fingers to make it more "flexy"... and kinda "dust" the button area to rid of any foreign crud laying around the button area that might interfere with the button pressing. my buttons worked always worked perfect. :)
It wasn't like I was GRINDING the buttons down into the Tama to get it to work when I first got it. I was just using it like normal, and then one day it just wouldn't work anymore. XP I was pushing with normal pressure, but it wouldn't work. I'd have to push the A button multiple times just to get it to jump from the first icon to the second. The B button just stopped responding at all. The C button still kind of worked, but it didn't really help anything.

I've never taken apart my Tama. How do I do that? o_O;

I don't usually mess around with that stuff because I know that if something went wrong, I most likely wouldn't be able to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back