Does your school allow tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does your school allow tamagotchis?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Of course not

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. We can also have them in class. But as long as we don't play with it too much and it's making noise, we can keep it.I keep the sound off while i'm in school. When I get bored I play with it then put it away.

Yeah, they don't care less what you bring to college. :rolleyes: I know, I brought a baby bird I was caring for and most people didn't even give a second look at the box I was carrying. My teachers didn't ask about it either. XP

So...Yup, I'm allowed to bring a tamagotchi to school. Even though no one cares, it does feel a bit odd to play with it in public. >_>;

Yeah, I know what you mean. My boyfriend gets angry/embarrased when I play with mine in public... he says I might as well have brought Barbie's with me. LOL. He's so dead serious too. Oh well, he'll just have to deal with it :rolleyes:

Yeah I felt a little weird playing with mine when I was at a seminar in New York... I was discreet though, I kept it in a side pocket of my bag and only took it out during breaks and the lunch hour (but doing this gave me a masktchi). I kinda kept it in the pocket while I looked at it. My upcoming courses are going to be 9-5 though, so I may just pause them and leave them home, depending on what the courses are like.

I'm surprised to hear about so many school systems outright banning them, confiscating them on sight, etc... When I was in Jr. High, they didn't really bother you as long as they were quiet and you didn't pay too much attention to them. The connections are even a lot less demanding then the older ones I had, too, so I don't see why to ban them... *shrug*

Like it was said before, college is lenient with just about anything, although most teachers here can't stand it when a cell phone goes off. One of my teacher's policies was, if the cell phone goes off during a quiz, exam, etc, he would take your exam and tell you to leave, only grading the portion you completed. Good thing I don't have one, anyway. :mellow:

Surprisingly, my boyfriend never owned or really saw Tamagotchis until I picked up two Connections last summer. They weren't really popular at his school in Nebraska. He loved it though, and we connected them so much I think the batteries died to early. :rolleyes: I used to be embarrassed to take them to class, etc, but the people that did see me wearing one and asked about it were really interested in them. "Wow, I remember those! Where did you find one?" :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
My school doesn't ban them! So I guess I one of the lucky ones but me and my friends have had them for a long time and we have started off a craze in Year 3 and we aren't allowed them in the classroom so i keep them on my peg. Once they were almost stolen but my gd friend was there and the time and stopped the guy!

Anyway I feel sorry for all u guys who have them banned!

Tamacool

My school doesn't allow tama's :rolleyes: :unsure: :mellow: :huh: :D :ph34r: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: i think because alot of people's tamagotchi's got stolen.

Yeah, they are really easy to steal. I had a Cyber Chimp stolen once... I think it was a GigaPet brand. It made actual monkey noises and everything. :rolleyes:

Why would a little Lutheran school (that resembles a cathedral, by the way) allow the greatest VP ever invented? OF COURSE TAMA'S ARE BANNED AT MY SCHOOL!!!!! Don't get me wrong, all of us are civilized (it's not like we're monks or anything) and we are thinking of passing around a petition allowing electronics to be in school as long as they're not distracting. We take our Tama's out at recess, and they got banned! My teacher sent an e-mail to all the parents saying that Tama's were distracting to the learning process!!! THIS MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!!

Not my school! Because its a Jr.High and most people wouldnt be caught dead with a tamagotchi. Me and my best friend have one (I have 2 but ones not working right) but we play with them secretly at school lol. Its pretty silly.

my school hasnt really banned them technically.. but i mean if i whipped it out in class i mean.. lol.. yeah but im not in college soo.. ya i get embarassed like telling ppl have them or playing with them like around ppl.. i only tell my closest friends.. and even some of them are like "wow ur a psycho" but then i just tell them ya no "shut up there awesome" lol.. ya im pretty obsessedd!! lol so yaaaaa.... ^_^

i am not to sure cuz i brought mine 2 school the tech took it for a night it didn't stop me or my bf!

i voted yes. no one at my high skool plays with them so they haven't been a problem. a couple of my teachers would get mad if i were playing it durring class, but besides them they don't care.

My school allows tamagotchies =) My teacher actually asks us "So what did your tamagotchi change into?" and she lets us play with them during class time =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back