Please! In this your vote really counts!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should kids have tamagotchis in school?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Unsure

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagall

Reaction score
^_^ My school has banned tamagotchis and this poll will be printed by 5/13/05 to show how many people think or don't think tamagotchis should be in school world wide. VOTE NOW! :D

I'm not totally sure...

I think they should be ALLOWED in school but confiscated if used in class. I mean if you go to check it and put it back in your pocket within 10 seconds, it's not like it's a distraction, but if you're sitting there during class playing with it while the teacher is trying to teach, then it should be taken away.

Yeah, they should only get confiscated if we use them while a teacher is trying to teach. Then we could check on them in study hall. And if they get confiscated, we should be able to get them back at the end of the day. MY teacher threatens to keep them and not give them back to us! Poor Tama's...

I understand but in my school(before tamagotchis were banned) you couldn't bring them outside for recess if a certain teacher was there. 1 had even been taken away!!! Outrageous.

I am allowed tamagotchis at school as long as you dont play them in class. but cause i am in highschool i ten to pause them or else its embaressing

my teacher took mine away from me for a night can u belive it poor tamagotchi

there fun but donnot bring them in class or play with them especially if yur teacher is rilli nosey and mean she'll probobly take it 4 the year,..... that happend to my friend i feel so srry 4 her :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
We should have them in class during free time with the sound off and during recess and lunch. My teacher says they are a distraction. BUT WE TOOK THEM OUT DURING RECESSS NOT CLASS! RECESS IS NOT LEARNING TIME IT IS A FUN TIME!

*Falls over and faints*

I once had a little rip-of from Walmart (kinda nice, actually). It beeped a lot, so I just turned the sound off and glanced at it every few minutes while holding it in my lap. That way, my little pet didn't die, and I still learned something. It was a bit smaller than a Tama, though, and didn't require as much care.

I think that Tamagotchis should be okay during lunch, recess and on the bus to/from a field trip. Mimitchilover's teacher sounds ridiculous and should get her head on straight. They should, however, give at least a warning for people who sit in class and constantly fiddle with them. At my old school, kids would sneak their cell phones, Gameboys, ect. in, and often got away with it because no one else really cared enough to tell. :D

Those things, however, are big enough to actually cause a distraction. Nobody's really gonna care about a Tamagotchi, especially if no one likes you, or you get picked on all of the time (that makes it easy for me! :D ). They'll be too busy talking about Javandalaquishalynn's new dress, or David-bob's science report or whatever. But, remember, I'm just talking about my old school back in Tennessee. You all's schools may be a lot different.

Back in my old school, if a kid was caught with an electronic thingy, the vice principle would take it, and your mom or dad would have to come get it back for you. That seemed pretty fair. ;)

in my school, nobody had a tama but me. and i've begin to offer tama to my friend...

now i've got 2 tamagotchis, my boyfriend has 3, and 2 of my friends have one too !

(and we are all in the same class..)

all teachers know we have them, and they had said us "dont take tama in class !"

and we obei, every thing is cool...

As long as they arent a nuisance during classroom time, they shouild be allowed

In grade school teachers tend to be strict with these things because even if you are a good student and responsible about using your tamagotchis when it's appropriate to do so, the next kid might not be. Teachers can't make exceptions for people because it can get them in trouble, not to mention just not being fair. In grade school, it's their responsibility to make sure you get your education, but in high school and college, it's your responsibility. That's why teachers are lax about things in high school, and in college, well you're paying for it and it's totally up to you, you can come or go as you please and do what you want, because it's your grades that suffer, not the teacher's job.

Some teachers are more strict about tamagotchis because they know that kids will constantly want to push the oundaries. If they say you can use them at lunch, they know kids will start using them between classes. If they say you can use them in between classes, they know kids will start using them in class. If they say you can discreetly use them in class, they know kids will play with them exclusively and not pay any attention.

If you have a teacher with no tama rules and you want ot take yours to school, first be sure that you are a good student and the teacher likes you. Talk to him or her before class and say, I have a tamagotchi but I have the sound off and I am not going to disrupt class or get behind in my work, I am just going to make sure it doesn;t die during class and actually play with it during recess. This makes it less likely the teahcer will confiscate items. If he or she says they don't want you to use it, respect that and tell them that you respect that. You will get major brownie points from the teacher.

If your school and teachers have non tama rules, just don't get caught. Don't get distracted and be discreet. As long as you pay attention in class and do your work, there is no reason why you can't have a tamagotchi with you. The teachers don;t actually want ot take your toys, it makes them sad to do it, but they can;t show you how they feel about it, they have to follow the rules. I knwo there are some people out there who are mean anyway, but that's their problem. Most teachers just need to follow very strict rules in class or they will lose thir jobs. In many states, there are standardized tests kids take, and if most of the kids don't do well, the schools and teachers get in trouble, so they are worried about things like that. Above all remember teachers are people and if you are mature and reasonable, they usually will be, too.

B) Well of course they should be taken away if you play with them in class. :D But there are some stupid tamagotchi owners in my school that play with them when they're not supposed to and ruinded it for us all. :blink: ;) :D

We should have them in class during free time with the sound off and during recess and lunch. My teacher says they are a distraction. BUT WE TOOK THEM OUT DURING RECESSS NOT CLASS! RECESS IS NOT LEARNING TIME IT IS A FUN TIME!
*Falls over and faints*
Omigosh mimitchilover, MY TEACHER SAID THE SAME THING!!! <_< I sometimes really hate my teacher.

Heh, back in the day Pikachu's were popular, i brought one of those to my grade 7 class, and spent all day shaking it. my teacher took it away from me sooner than you could say "Pika-Pi!"

All in all, they should ban them if they become a problem. now, dont get me wrong, i'm not siding with the teachers, but common sense tells me that with such a fun distraction in class, grades are sure to slip.

Not to mention, you can pause it in class. put it in your locker/backpack during class and once recess starts, take a look at it and play for a bit. but NOT in class....

Sadly, the teacher never returned my Pikachu.... and it set me back 44$ CND back then... i filed a complaint, but as if the school system would believe an active minded little child over a teacher. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back