Tamagotchi Warnings

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince

Reaction score
Tamagotchi Warnings is the place for you to post links warning other members about accicentally buying a non-genuine Bandai tamagotchi. You are also welcome to use this area to ask if a product is geniuine or not.

Remember that just because a product is not Bandai, it doesn't mean it is a "fake". Every product has a home brand version... the same applies to tamagotchi pets!

As described by Mothra:

If you are looking through ebay and see fakes you are very sure are fakes, you can report the items to ebay.You really should be sure the seller is passing them off as BANDAI pets first though.

The penalties for bootleg merchandise is very severe so tink before you report if that's some thing you are tempted to do.

I reported a seller selling a fake pokemon game (Diamond & Jaide) a while back.

I hope the seller only got a firm warning but you just never know...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking through ebay and see fakes you are very sure are fakes, you can report the items to ebay.

You really should be sure the seller is passing them off as BANDAI pets first though.

The penalties for bootleg merchandise is very severe so tink before you report if that's some thing you are tempted to do.

I reported a seller selling a fake pokemon game (Diamond & Jaide) a while back.

I hope the seller only got a firm warning but you just never know...

In addition to Mothra's post above.....I reccomend NEVER buying any Virtual Pets without reading the description completely....and also making sure there is a photo of the product you are buying. Just my opinion because I have gotten scammed a few times.

best way to buy tama's

GO TO A SHOP ^_^

I live in the U.S., there aren't any shops yet. And I also prefer the original Japanese anyways. It will keep me fresh on my Japanese for one, and also I seriously think they are better than the U.K. is and MUCH better than the U.S. will be. I love the Japanese culture, people and the country.....but they truely are the greediest people on the face of the earth(besides Americans). The Japanese always have to have things BEFORE any other country does, AND they have to have theirs better if they do distribute to other countries. Notice how Japanese got it MONTHS before any other country? And then....takes their time to get it to the U.K. and especially U.S......even though the U.S. was the biggest importer of the Tamagotchi during the last craze? To back that up.....15 Tamagotchi were sold every minute at the peak of the craze in U.S. and Canada ALONE! That's 150 every 10 mins.....and roughly 900 every hour!

sweet u speek japanese?

why are the japanese ones better btw, just wonderin ^_^

just coz they made in japan dont mean their better ^_^

wer are UK + USA ones made btw?

Yeah, Japan gets them first because they are developed there. It's also their test market.

But they are just seeming to take for ever to get to the US. ^_^

The official realease date is Aug. 15th for the US.

I guess we're getting a bit off topic of this thread about fakes?

So any way.. read those ebay auction titles very closely, be sure to spend at least $20 for the real thing too. The Suggested retail price is $15 so don't expect big bargains.

Also the real Tama Plus's and Connexions have a rather large screen and just three buttons.

Those fakes have noticeably smaller screen space on the front of the unit.

I found one for 4.99GBP and like 2.00GBP shipping for one of my tama's that I'm hoping to win.....It was bidding though, so I'm sure I won't get for that price =/

Yeah, but the thing that I hate the most is when they put different fake tamas into the real japanese tama plus bubble package, not even hiding the words or anything! because they assume that most americans can't speak or read japanese. Well, they certainly don't have me fooled for one, as I can read that very well.

But still, new releases are an opritune moment for releasing fakes and such. but what they do is low-down and dirty...uh...as for the shoot them all thing...we can atleast sue em....the last thing we need is death :rolleyes:

but anyways, c'mon! they're stooping to the point where they put hello kitty VPs in a tama plus packaging!

C'mon, people! it's Soooooooooo blatant!

i stand by my point

we should just shoot them all

:rolleyes:

I know this is kinda off topic, but I once bought what I thought was a Bandai Hello Kitty Metcha Este. The packaging and unit was exactly the same as the real thing. However, when I started it up, it turned out to be a very faulty dinosaur!!!!! Either Kitty was having a VERY bad day or I had been conned. I managed to return it and get a refund, but the stall owner was really rude to us. ^_^ ^_^ Meh. It's not my fault she sold dodgy, fake goods...

I have that Kitty/Dino.

It's actually a Nano Dino. Those are pretty hard to get. So what if it's in the form of Hello Kitty. I like Nanos. ^_^

Nanos are the second best ever made. I love em too. I HAD a Talking Nano Puppy, a Nano Puppy, and a Nano Kitty. The Talking Nano Puppy broke, and the Puppy and Kitty are packed away somewhere. I need to try to find em.

Yep, Nanos are really great. I like to take one out once in a while and see how long I can keep it around. They are quite long lived and predictable pets.

I have played with the Nano Kitty the most. I really like him. :blink:

I have that Kitty/Dino.It's actually a Nano Dino. Those are pretty hard to get. So what if it's in the form of Hello Kitty. I like Nanos. :blink:
Really? Oh. I would have kept it, but none of the buttons would do anything. *sigh*

well ask your retailer and check if they have the official bandai®©™ stamp

I have seen the fakes alot on ebay. One way that you can tell is that some of them has 4 buttons. I normal tamagotchi only has 3. Look at the backgrouns as we.. They do not olook like the tamagotchi Pluses neither. No charactr thing on it neither. And another way that you can tell that its a fake is by the logo. If itwas a real tama it would have the Banddai's logo but most do not. Thoswe who do has BanaTop. Thats a fake as well.

A real Tamagotchi will have 3 buttons. They will have a picture of one of the characters. And have the correct Bandai's label on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back