Photo
- - - - -

Can someone help?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fluffums

• fluffums user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:30 PM ( #1 )

I dropped my v1 about a half hour ago. I left it on the floor for a few minutes, then came to pick it up. The screen was blank. I took off the back and made sure the battery was in, took the battery out, put it back in, pressed reset. Nothing happened. Does anyone know what happend, or what might help me fix it?

Replies

Views

Started

21 Oct 2006

Last Post

22 Oct 2006

kiko_girl

• kiko-girl user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:48 PM ( #2 )

Oh, the battery must have died because of the fall, and the friction that it hit the ground so fast, must have killed the battery. So change the battery if it odesnt work, buy new ones, its bound to work, im sure! If it doesnt please inform me, i will be glad to help you!

-KG-

StarTama

• startama user photo

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:40 PM ( #3 )

If the new battery doesn't work, the little metal thing behind the battery is probably a bit squashed down! Just get the battery out, and use a pencil or your finger to prop the metal thing up! It should be just about parallel to the bottom of the battery compartment, about half a centimetre above it.
StarTama :D

-Mimitchi-

• mimitchi user photo

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:37 PM ( #4 )

Maybe the battery died because of the fall. Try a new one.

dancinkayley

• dancinkayley user photo

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:30 AM ( #5 )

Perhaps something on the circuit board is broken, but I DOUBT IT!

Tamagotchi are that durable! One time, my friend and I "punished" her v3 by flogging it by throwing it on the ground of the basketball courts! The screen smashed all right, but the circuit board stayed intact.

Try replacing the battery. Do not open up your Tamagotchi, this will break your warranty.

Try sending it into BanDai if all else fails.