What has a tama ever meant to you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What IS a tama to you?

• My best friend for ten years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My only good child memory

• My best memory, I don't own any tamagotchi today

• The only good thing about the nineties

• An annoying and crappy thing, beeping, causing even death among bike riders

• I envied everyone who had tamas, for mom didn't let me (you poor thing)

• Other (write a reply)

• I barely remember what they were like

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamagotchi have been so many things for me over the past 10 years. When I started raising them back then, not only did having a ton of them make me "super cool" in school, but they also brought me a lot of happiness and fun. And a great grade on a major projeect I did about them :)

There hasn't ever been a very long period of time in my life since then in which I haven't been raising Tamagotchis. Now, they still give me the same happy, carefree feeling, and a lot of nostalgia. I love them, and I can't ever see myself losing that enthusiasm. After all, it has been 10 years. :)

I didn't have a Tamagotchi back then. I had a rip-off copycat called "Pet Vet". :furawatchi: It still gave me years of enjoyment, but when it broke, I was done with virtual pets. I was crushed that it was gone and my mom couldn't find another one. :D When Connections came out, after a little hesitation, I put it on my Christmas list. Once I got one, my interest in them skyrocketed.

I now have nine Tamas (including two ancestors, a P1 and a Japanese Angelgotch). The ancestors give me a great nostalgic feeling because it remindes me of when I was little and my cousins and everybody else had them. I love the Connections because they are very technologically advanced and are great pets.

Tamas make me want to visit Japan too. I know they were made there and I've seen how popular they are in that country.

-Tamaguy#1 :lol:

Well,personally,I didnt have a tamagotchi back then either.About 1 year ago,these 2 girls on my bus had a tamagotchi.I looked at it,not knowing what it was.The whole bus ride I wondered about it.Then once I got home,I went on the computer and looked in www.Tamagotchi.com.All I saw were these pet things.I decided I wanted one.I asked my parents,but they didnt get me one.I looked in all the stores.No tamagotchis.Then this year,about a month ago,a girl on the bus who had a tamagotchi,gave me one.And now were really good friends.I loved my tama,and took care of it so much.Then I bought another one once my tama died.(I was upset)Then I went on tamatown and alot of other tama sites.I saw "Tamatalk" as one of the top sites,and I thought,"Hm,Ill try it."And thats how I`m here!

Oh,right......what a tama means to me........um.......a best friend mostly.They are a big part of my life.*tear,tear*

I'm not 10 yet, either (if you read this post out loud, prounounce the "either" with a long "i," please. It makes it sound elegant). I'm only 9.

when i got my v3 a long time ago (like in feb.) i started wondering if there are any sites about this wonderful thing so i checked and YES there was tamatalk i joined than i left and then i forgot my username and password so then i was stuey then the same thing happend so now i'm here. but it is my best friend and it's on it's 60 gen. and its never died! :furawatchi: so i'm really happy! :D

Growing up I was apart of a single parent home so my mom could only afford one tamagotchi. I loved that little to death but I lost it and forgot about tamagotchi for a while. In 2003 i came across an old tamagotchi that one of my friends owned. She didn't want it and gave it to me. I got much enjoyment with my tamagotchi since then. I do take breaks from them sometimes but I always find myself wandering back to the Tamagotchi.

I used to have a dog VP which I dont know the name

its kinda cute, but I forgot all about it, I revealed the true tamagotchi back in 2004 when the v1 was released, I was overjoyed and decided to buy one from SIngapore

For the first time in my life i felt like something is back, the old memory of my childhood was back...

I got a mametchi from that V1 btw :D

I was pretty little, like 5 years and under in the 90's. :) But right now all of my tamas are out of batteries.. I have 5, by the way, a V1, V2, and 3 V3s.

I didn't own any Tamas in 90's. There was no chance to get any virtual pets for me. And it really hurted when my friends had many tamas. In year 2004 I finally got my chance: this time my MOM bought me a Connexion V1! She didn't allow me to get any tamas earlier. "I've heard these new tamas are good toys, toys that don't lose their magic in a short time", and when we walked out from the shop, I carried a black Tamagotchi Connexion V1 with me.

And it was the big blast for my Tama freakness. I now own 6 Connexions + an Angelgotchi. I love virtual pets!!!

a tama was my only good source of entertainment xD

I'm almost 22, and I they have been with my for 10 years! I only had about 5 then, but I never stopped playing with them even when everyone else did because they weren't "in" anymore. I have almost 50 now, and I don't plan to stop! So I guess Tamas are just wonderful companions!

One of the best childhood memories I've got. I bought my first one when I was 7 or 8 back in '96 with some birthday money that I got. I remember the trip to ToysRUs and all.... bizarre... yeah? Then I had Dinkies, Gigas, Nanos, A Tama angel... and a variety of others. I collected them for a while... and where are they all now??

The sad thing is that I have no idea where all of those (now) rare virtual pets went. Wish I took better care of my stuff though, that's for sure. :ph34r:

I'm not 10 yet, either (if you read this post out loud, prounounce the "either" with a long "i," please. It makes it sound elegant). I'm only 9.
I am 9, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back