Photo
- - - - -

Do you believe in Jesus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: Do you believe in Jesus? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you believe in Jesus?

1. Of course. Who wouldn't? (8 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Yes. (16 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. No. (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. No way! It's hard to believe.... (6 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. I don't know. (2 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote

Aubrey Hepburn

• aubrey-hepburn user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:23 PM ( #35 )

I most definitely believe in Jesus. And God. And Angels/spirits. I grew up going to church every Sunday, but instead of going to sermon, Iwent to Sunday School. It was actually quite a lot of fun, they taught us the Bible and it's teachings in a fun way. I don't attend Church currently because my family has become too busy to find time for it, which is sad. I do think that a person can be a good Christian even if you don't attend church all the time. I pray to God and Jesus, respect them, and try to live as the best person I can be, and that is a major part of what the Bible and sermons teach us. :unsure:

In fact, I do believe in Santa Claus, too. Santa Claus is the embodiment of love and kindness, and as long as that exists in the world, how an we definitively say he isn't real? Maybe it is because I believe in God and Jesus, who are essentially intangible or scientifically undefinable, that I can believe in other things such as Santa Claus. I don't want to ever lose the ability to believe in things that we can't really see or touch.

If you don't share my opinion, that's perfectly alright. If everyone was the same, nothing would work. No one is asking others to apologize for their beliefs...that's not what religious freedom is all about. We do not need to argue over this question, though, and that is what the "conversation examples" are trying to display.

A sign of maturity is accepting others' opinions and feelings as well as having your own. I'm quite glad to see that everyone is being very mature in this discussion. :furawatchi:

tama815

• tama815 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:50 PM ( #36 )

I beleive that there is a god and a jesus and in hard times i pray but im not a hard-core deep soul religious person. But i beleive there is a god out there. And i find it helpful just to pray to someone... or something, it helps me get by the hard times.

Shadows112

• shadows112 user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:00 PM ( #37 )

Ok guys.
I made this poll for a reason. I wanted to see if there would be arguments about religion and beliefs, even if I asked it to be forbidded. I knew that if somebody didn't believe in God, somebody who did might get offended. Let me explain.

In this world, we are one. We are special, but we are the same in many ways. Our skin color, hair color, eye color ect. doesn't matter. We are all alike. We are human. So no; it doesn't matter about if we believe in Jesus or not. Some people do and that is great, and some people don't. Thats fine too. It's their choice on what to believe; the same rules apply to Santa Claus ect. I want to see the real people of Tamatalk. No, I don't care about their looks or skin color...it's how they act. If we can all respect eachother's opinions and their actions, we can learn to be better people. Its a person's choice on what to believe; not yours.

So let us begin. Post your thoughts here. They have to stay respectful, as I'd like to see this poll open. Let us not take offence. Let me show you what NOT to do.

Member #1: I don't believe in Jesus!!
Member #2: OMG YOU HAVE TO! Your so rude.
Member #1: Zomg your an idiot....

And here's what to do if people show different opinions:

Member #1: I don't believe in Jesus.
Member #2: Lol it's fine. You don't have to. You can believe in what you like. Personally, I believe in him.
Member #1: =D

Ok? So go ahead and post; but keep it clean folks. But, if people DO start fighting and flaming, then I'll have no choice but to get this closed.

*Tgd*

i believe in him, if nobody does, then what would become of us when we are teenagers and adults?

lol_meow

• lol-meow user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:21 PM ( #38 )

Well, I do beleive in him, but I have a diffrent religion, I dont want to say what I think cuz ppl will get offended so, I rsather keep it to myself..............

Jamie__Rox

• jamie-rox user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:22 PM ( #39 )

I've added an I don't know option to the poll, for those who are unsure. Hope that is ok *Tgd* ^_^
GK1
PS Its nice to see people discussing what is a rather sensitive matter in a sensible mature fashion.

Thank you! I've already voted for someone else, (I don't think I should've done that, though) but to all, you can just take off a yes answer, and switch it into the "I don't know" :o

gaara_girl_0929

• gaara-girl-0929 user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:27 PM ( #40 )

I never have and I never will.

I don't agree with your alternative response though. I will never apologize for not believing in something that other people do, nor will I apologize for having a differing opinion.

exactly how i feel too, I have never been a religious person, and never will, and besides not everyone HAS to believe in god, everyone has there own opinions and i respect them ^^

tama815

• tama815 user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:30 PM ( #41 )

Yes i agree, many people beleive in other greater gods and such things that go with their religion. i think it is kinda cool that different religions find faith in different things.

Tamagirl_Desy

• tamagirl-desy user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:43 PM ( #42 )

I know you set rules out for people not to be rude but it can still course the same problem as it did on this topic: Do you believe in god or Jesus?
and I see that, that topic got closed so please do not get into a fight about it all...

But my answer is not to be told... I believe these topic should not be allowed.

Pix Horse

I know. ^_^ It can happen with any topic. So let's just try and keep this one clean, ok guys? :o

*Tgd*

RachelGotchi

• rachelgotchi user photo
  • FOUR TIME Lifetime Angelgotchi
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:43 PM ( #43 )

Don't worry, I'm here. xP No flame wars until I say so. Lol (Well I'm not a guide but what the hey can't hurt to try. xP)

lol_meow

• lol-meow user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:47 PM ( #44 )

I wouldn't start a fight, I dont like other ppl to be offended like I was.........but it was on another site, yahoo! answers, diffrent story.

Tamagirl_Desy

• tamagirl-desy user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:50 PM ( #45 )

Don't worry, I'm here. xP No flame wars until I say so. Lol (Well I'm not a guide but what the hey can't hurt to try. xP)

Lol. :o

Ok. I felt like doin this. I'm interviewing myself! xD

Q: Tgd, do you believe in Jesus?
A: I do, but I don't show it. I think that when your living, you ought to believe in something.
Q: Do you go to Church?
A: No I do not. I find Church boring, and I don't even go. But it doesn't change my belief.
Q: What is your religion?
A: I am Anglician(sp?). Thats my religion. It is a religion that has no religion. It's confusing, yes.
Q: Is Christmas about the gifts or Jesus's birth to you?
A: Well, the presents are nice and it's really what I think about.....but if you think long and hard you know that Jesus was born on that day (as the bible says). I really celebrate merely for the gifts and the quality time with my family, but I know deep down Jesus was born Christmas. ^_^

*Tgd*

Jamie__Rox

• jamie-rox user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:08 PM ( #46 )

Lol. :o

Ok. I felt like doin this. I'm interviewing myself! xD

Q: Tgd, do you believe in Jesus?
A: I do, but I don't show it. I think that when your living, you ought to believe in something.
Q: Do you go to Church?
A: No I do not. I find Church boring, and I don't even go. But it doesn't change my belief.
Q: What is your religion?
A: I am Anglician(sp?). Thats my religion. It is a religion that has no religion. It's confusing, yes.
Q: Is Christmas about the gifts or Jesus's birth to you?
A: Well, the presents are nice and it's really what I think about.....but if you think long and hard you know that Jesus was born on that day (as the bible says). I really celebrate merely for the gifts and the quality time with my family, but I know deep down Jesus was born Christmas. ^_^

*Tgd*

xD These would be my responses:

Do you believe in Jesus? I don't know.
Do you go to church? No.
What is your religion? I don't know. :lol:
Is Christmas about the presents or Jesus' birth to you? That's challenging, I don't know am not sure :(

(Just to remind everyone about respecting opinions) Boy, do I just love opinions.. (:)) They're so neat. And they're all different, so it's interesting to hear each one of them. It's like opinions are all the right answer, don't you think? Wow, and who'd want to argue with a right answer, I tell you.. xD 'tis HELP!

nickname:Flipper

• nicknameflipper user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:47 PM ( #47 )

I really am not sure... I belive in God... but I feel that Jesus is like an idol ( or fake god for those who don't know what I mean) because we worship him instead of God. I also belive that God is not heavenly father or him or anly other term that refers to him as a male. God is not a guy, nor a girl. God is God. ( these are strictly MY oppinions) I pray but at the same time I don't belive in Jesus. Odd isn't it...

I'm confused. @.@
Isn't Jesus God in the flesh?
And I think in the Bible it calls God by "he" "him" "Father" (like you did ^^) for the pronouns...
lolz funny....even though he has no gender ^^
Meh...We'll just have to ask God when we see him.. ^^

Edited by nickname:Flipper, 05 December 2006 - 04:49 PM.

CaseyTama

• caseytama user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:48 PM ( #48 )

This topic should not be aloud.

This is a religious topic.

RachelGotchi

• rachelgotchi user photo
  • FOUR TIME Lifetime Angelgotchi
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:49 PM ( #49 )

Well, CaseyTama, seeing as nobody has broken out in flame war I believe it should stay open. No need to punish a good dog. ^.^

nickname:Flipper

• nicknameflipper user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:50 PM ( #50 )

just like Christmas.
I think it is aloud.

HeartBeat_Girl

• heartbeat-girl user photo

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:52 PM ( #51 )

Hm.....do I believe? Eh, I dunno. << It's hard to believe isn't it? I can't really imagine some big guy on a cloud, but it could be true....I honestly don't know. But if I don't believe; what shall I believe? If I can believe wishes can come true, then I should believe God is real. Eh...I'm no good with this sort of thing.