One of my bestfriends is cutting!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz!

Reaction score
Her name is Leah. She has cuts and bruses all over her arms and I dont know what to do! We tell her that she should tell the teatcher or her mum but she said that if we tell anybody she will get all angry and she turnes suidcidal(sp)!

I am realy worried! What should I do?

[SIZE=21pt]Please help me!![/SIZE]

My friend used to cut.

You tell a teacher/mum/responsible adult. Yes, do it. Even if she says no.

Tell her you are worried about her. Ask her whats wrong.

Don't try to sort it out yourself. She is obvisously got a problem.

Tell someone.

I am talking from experiance.

thanks! I will ask her on monday. She has been doing it for quite a while now....

Eh, I am still struggling with a cutting AND a drug problem. Ive been to treatment and rehab centers for all it, and it sounds like thats what she needs. I became suicidal and started attempting only 5 weeks after I started cutting...its a really serious problem. I wouldnt even bother asking her whats wrong right now. You need to tell an adult NOW. Like right when you read...I know I sound all dramatic and shitt, but its a seriously problem. Tell someone, RIGHT NOW. Talk it out with her later, but she isnt safe. Trust me, Ive been a cutter for 5 years. She needs help. Good luck.

Cutting=wrong.

Wrong=bad

Bad=Emergency

Ok. You get the point.

You are right to be frightened for your friend. What YOU must do is tell an adult imeddiatly. Talk to your parents, a teacher, or an aunt/uncle or another adult you trust. Your friend needs professinal help. She needs your care and support too. But be prepared. Instead of being happy that your concerned, your friend may be upset or angry. Be patient with your friend, and stand by her through this rough time. Your doing the right thing. One day, when she is well again and has stopped cutting, your friend will see that you took action because you cared. ^_^

*Tgd*

My Friend Cuts too. It's pretty scary 0_0 She carved a guys name all across her arm!!! ^_^

Me and my other friend told the school counsellor, but nothing changed.

My Friend Cuts too. It's pretty scary 0_0 She carved a guys name all across her arm!!! ^_^
Me and my other friend told the school counsellor, but nothing changed.
Oooh, that's scary. Was she OK?

Tell somebody.

My friend was depressed (this friend didn't cut), and I didn't know what to do. It was hard. And you must prepare your self to tell somebody, even if she's asked you not to. This may well save her life. And whilst she might not like you telling somebody, it might be the only option you have. If you tell the school counsellor, see if you can get her not to mention you told. Also tell a trusted parent.

Cutting is serious. Whilst some people like to label people who cut 'emo' and other names, it really is a serious problem.

Some helpful links to read over:

https://www.coolnurse.com/self-injury.htm (note that some of the stories down near the bottom of the page could be graphic and some people might not like them)

https://www.coolnurse.com/depression_friends.htm

Good luck, I hope your friend recovers! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine cts her wrists. She gets really depressed etc, I ask her why and she says it makes her fell better. And then she covers he cuts with a sweat band. more like a blood band.

Tell an adult!

Even if she says no do it. Tell her you are worried about her.

Her name is Leah. She has cuts and bruses all over her arms and I dont know what to do! We tell her that she should tell the teatcher or her mum but she said that if we tell anybody she will get all angry and she turnes suidcidal(sp)!

She's clueless.

The best thing you can do is Tell.No matter what she says,you have to tell!It will never be sorted out if an adult isn't envolved in the situation.

MG23

There are three things you can do.

1. Keep quiet. x

2. Worry and not do anything x

3. Tell and try to calm her down ping!

Number 3 is the right thing to do so do it. She's syaing don't tell because she's depressed and thats bad. She'll thank you.

Glad to help

xxx

*--soapyp--*

You really need to tell somebody!

Cutting/Self harm is a very seriouse matter and you freind needs urgent help.

People Self harm because they are deppressed or feel guilty for something they have done which can often lead to suicide,You need to tell her mum or a teacher urgently.

-fp

If you're friend i cutting, just tell any one very close to you or her family. JUST DO IT! Cuz this is serious, cutting, is not healthy, and can hurt you, so tell her mom and/or dad, or your mom and/or dad. HURRY! BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

I cut in way. My skin is too strong to make a fresh cut myself, but sometimes I want a bloodlust so I pick at scabs. But don't always do it.

~Camelle~

"Who does deppression hurt? Everyone.

Where does deppression hurt? Everywhere."

Tell. Now. it is the BEST thing you could ever do for her. You jst have to. Because if you don't... all those deep wounds she makes, each one could become infected, and some infections are worse than others...

and deppression is an issue. It's not an emotion, it's a disease. So please tell. In her own way... she NEEDS you to tell. You may be her only hope.

Cutting? Emo? Nah.

She's goin' through a depressed stage. You should tell someone, or try to figure out what's her problem. It might not really be anything serious...maybe she wanted to try out skateboarding and really...uh...sucks at it. (No offense.)

Tell someone you trust, or try to figure out what she's doing.

I went through something like that once. It was freaky...I lost a lot of my friends over that.

Anyways, best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back