Spelling Bee's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
um well,iv'e been in a couple of them,wat i do is either sing a song to go with the word or sound it out,ex:mattress,the song/comercial is 1-800-mattress,so thats how i remembered the word^^hope i helped

Ooooh good luck! ^^ Sound out the word in your head if you having trouble.

ex. Digestion Di-ges-tion

ex. Porcupines Por-Cu-Pines

Just sound it out. If it has double letters like the word "letter", think to yourself: Does it look right with one letter or two? Picture teh word in your mind. Does * "leter" or "letter" look better? Ok??

*Leter means, "A leter of water." If you want "letter" then just sound out let-ter

Also, do what Derek does. Just think of a song, or some place you've seen the word before if your having trouble.

*Tgd*

lol, i went to the premier spelling bee last month (as a contestant) and you know what i did? i read the dictionary through every night before i went to bed, lol. it actually worked, because i won!

Psh yeah! My spelling bee is on December 19th. I've gone to one last year and I hated it :D I lost lol

I'm one of the best spellers and I'm probably going to end up in this year's spelling bee too.. eek!

Advice? Don't be nervous. Drink water before the spelling bee, so your voice is clear and you will not pass out or get dehydrated.

Don't drink any pop or soda; that'll phlem (sp?) up your throat.

Spell those words with pride! Impress those other kids and judges with your confidence!

Okay maybe now I'm going to far lol.

Just don't be nervous; that'll mess you up! If looking at all the people in the audience scares the heck out of you, close your eyes or stare at the ceiling. If you don't know a word, just take a good try at it. You could get it right anyways :wacko:

I wish you the best of luck!

mines not till april but last year i won my school sb and came in 8th out of 120 ppl in county (3rd in my age division, if i got 2nd i wouldve advanced to state)

We don't have spelling bees at our school.

Good luck for anyone who has a spelling bee coming up!

Well done to anyone who recently has been in a spelling bee!

We dont have any spelling bee's but here's some advice

Take deap breaths

Try your hardest

Try not to look at all the people staring at you just look at the back of the room

Just concentrate on the word you are trying to spell!.

:D Hope you win XX

:huh: ~*Emily*~ :)

I have a spelling bee Friday I'm so nervous!!!

Any advice?
OMG I HAD ONE LAST FRIDAY LOL.dont be nervious.Try your best.Look at the wall, not the audiance.Thats the advice I got ^^

Woot guess what! I didn't know how to spell "parellel" so I got out of our practice spelling bee! That's one less chance of me being in the real spelling bee! WOOTNESS! XD

I just really don't want to be in it this year.

Too bad we have 2 more rounds of practice bees..

I have good news! Thanks for the advice but are spelling bee got post poned til January 8th!!!

I have good news! Thanks for the advice but are spelling bee got post poned til January 8th!!!

study the dictionary :)

kidding! xP

take a vocabulary book from school and study! or learn the way of grammar spelling! :huh: sound out words you don't know!

tamaw/pants worst ememy= spelling!

i hate spelling- actualy, i hate all language.

just remember, wednesday is spelled with only 1 s.

i remember that by there is only one wednesday in a week, and there is only one s.

pretty pathectic i could never remember how to spell wednesday till the end of 7th grade x.X

I still don't know how to spell is and I'm in 7th grade! lol

thankies for sharing that trick! ^^

wait lemme see if i got it now....Wednesday....?? *checks posts* W00T! xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back