my Best Best friend has bought a.....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww! You'll have fun with it I'm sure!

I'm sure you'll love to watch it move around and stuff, it looks kinda interesting to me.

Oh boy! This guy will be a lot of fun, but he also needs a lot of care, especially in his baby years. What species is it? Does she have a heat lamp basking area set up? What is she planning on feeding it? Never feed any tortoise a diet of Iceberg Lettuce. Ever. It has no nutritional value, and he will end up sickly, weak, and soft-shelled. A MUCH better choice for a base diet is Romaine Lettuce, Green Leaf Lettuce, or Red Leaf Lettuce. Spinach is excellent as well. The darker in color it is, the better for your new pet. You will need to feed him lots of other stuff to after you guys research he species needs, but this is a very good base. :unsure:

Post a picture if you can get one, too! <_<

Awwww I have read sooo meany topic's about new pet's and A tortiouse now that is the cutest pet I have ever seen I would love a tortoise all I have is two cat's called Tobi & Bom hehe I never named them my mum did Bom is from when my mum was 17 so dont expect A good name hehe Tobi was A stray and we found her we took her home and fe her food she got used to the house and we named her Tobi after the resturaunt we found her in :( she is white with A big black spot on her and A white tail!

<_< ~*Emily*~ :unsure:

Are they really I didn't know that!.

:huh: ~*Emily*~ :)

How cute!You know,they are faster than people think they are! :)
yes thats true :) I have two (they are 14 years old now, i got them when i was 6 months old, they're 1 yr older than me)

One is a Red eared slider (sp?) and the other one (that died) was a box turtle.

Their names Peter and Penny (peter is the one that died)

heres a picture of penny ----click sorry its a lil blurry (i cant find the picture of peter, its on a burnt CD but i cant find the CD)

[SIZE=11pt]Baby torts need a lot of CALCIUM. I can not stress that enough. I ended up with a Sulcata tort from my mom. She was clueless as how to care for it. So this poor things is all pyramided up. Not pretty and very unhealthy.[/SIZE]

Every speecees needs specific care. Do a lot of reading up and join a Yahoo group about your speecees at the very least.

I have had a box turtle for more than 2 decades. She does not require much maintenance, thus she is still around. Torts need food pretty much every day. Kind of high maintenance.

My in house turtle pen.

Anyway, good luck :)

yes thats true :D I have two (they are 14 years old now, i got them when i was 6 months old, they're 1 yr older than me)
One is a Red eared slider (sp?) and the other one (that died) was a box turtle.

Their names Peter and Penny (peter is the one that died)

heres a picture of penny ----click sorry its a lil blurry (i cant find the picture of peter, its on a burnt CD but i cant find the CD)
Ever so cute that one is! :furawatchi:

I would really love A tortoise but my parent's wouldent let me hehe :)

:D ~*Emily*~ :furawatchi:

XX

I would really love A tortoise but my parent's wouldent let me hehe :)

:D ~*Emily*~ :furawatchi:

XX
ihad a turtle... its name was geroge. tell her i said good luck.

Oh boy! This guy will be a lot of fun, but he also needs a lot of care, especially in his baby years. What species is it? Does she have a heat lamp basking area set up? What is she planning on feeding it? Never feed any tortoise a diet of Iceberg Lettuce. Ever. It has no nutritional value, and he will end up sickly, weak, and soft-shelled. A MUCH better choice for a base diet is Romaine Lettuce, Green Leaf Lettuce, or Red Leaf Lettuce. Spinach is excellent as well. The darker in color it is, the better for your new pet. You will need to feed him lots of other stuff to after you guys research he species needs, but this is a very good base. :)
Post a picture if you can get one, too! :furawatchi:
I will try and get a pic! :D I think as I rember he is bight light brown shell! I dont know what type he is but he feeds on Spinach (yuck :D ) she keeps him in a box with a little bed, leaves and also nature stuff! she will get it a cage with lots of warmth!

Ohh you guys are soo kind! wow never known that it is popular for everyone too have a tortose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back