Laptops

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lil*kitty*kat

Reaction score
I can't wait till my birthday. My mom promised she'd buy me a laptop! For those of you that have laptops, are they any good? Cause I really want one sooooo badly. I'm hoping to be able to play my computer games on it cause this old piece of junk (Windows 98) is useless.

I'm not bragging or anything, I'm just excited. Hopefully, I'll have Windows Movie Maker.

-Naira

Yeah I have one, got it last Christmas, it's my very own, I don't share it with anyone else.

They run pretty fast, or atleast my Dell laptop does, I don't know about others.

The very first computer that my parents bought me was a laptop and that is what I've used ever since. I find them to be a lot more stable (program wise - less of the blue screen of death) than pcs and they also have the advantage of being portable and small. That means that they don't take up much space on your desk and when you need all the space, you can simply pack the computer up and put it away! :)

Depending on your schooling situation it is also useful to take to school - you may however not really need to until college/uni.

Yeah I have a Gateway, newer version from last Christmas.

~ xxCeCexx

I have a Dell Inspiron. It's about 3 years old.

Laptops are good, but they seem to have more problems than PCs do some of the time x.x The only reason I'm always on my laptop instead of PC is because it's in my room and I can lay in bed while on it. Otherwise I prefer PCs. They're handy if you need to take it somewhere, but I think PCs are more reliable. I've had to reformat my laptop 2 times in three years x.x I've had my PC since 1998 and haven't reformatted it a single time.

They're handy if you need to take it somewhere, but I think PCs are more reliable.
Really? I've had two laptops since 1998... my family has gone through six PCs in that time. My boyfriend's current PC has only last one year... My laptops have never had any troubles - everything always works! :D Maybe the technology is different over here???

i'm got a dell inspiron. it's my dad's old one, and the bad thing is: I'm forever getting the blue screen of death. Sometimes it comes up 2 times in 1 day. on those days, it feels like it's gonna blow up becasue the fan is going so hard i think it's gonna jam and stuff up the whole computer. does anyone know what the thing up the top left hand corner of the keyboard? it's the number 5150 - is that the model number or sumtin? O_O

Really? I've had two laptops since 1998... my family has gone through six PCs in that time. My boyfriend's current PC has only last one year... My laptops have never had any troubles - everything always works! ;) Maybe the technology is different over here???
Weird o_O' We've had two PCs since 1998 and they've never given us problems. My laptop's the one I always have to get fixed x.x

I can't wait till my birthday. My mom promised she'd buy me a laptop! For those of you that have laptops, are they any good? Cause I really want one sooooo badly. I'm hoping to be able to play my computer games on it cause this old piece of junk (Windows 98) is useless.
I'm not bragging or anything, I'm just excited. Hopefully, I'll have Windows Movie Maker.

-Naira
I have a laptop. It's my dads but I can still use it. It's pretty new but really slow. It's an ASUS. We bought in Australia for those who have never herd of it. (I haven't either.) It has more memory than the computer but the computer is much better for things.

-Naira
Yes, I do! In fact, I'm on it right now! I bought it myself - £205! The internet connection on it's pretty rubbish, but it's getting better. (Now it actually stays on the internet for more than six seconds, but I have to be sitting down on the spinny chair in front of the computer for it to work..)

I got mine of eBay, 2nd hand. It works great, even the 'net's working for the moment! ;) (See above) It's a IBM ThinkPad, but the case that came with it's a Del case! :( Lol, weird or what?

All my friends are dead jealous now, hehe.. I think I'm the first with a laptop!

I know.. there's gotta be someone somewhere in the world who think's I'm too young to have a laptop. Well, I think that person's wrong. Before, we only had a computer, which kept freezing & going wrong. (Although the internet was pretty good :p ) So I got a laptop. All my family use it; even my friend has a log on on it! Anyway, I'm going to be getting a lot of hard homework soon.. and exams. Plenty of them. So, really, I do need one.. so ha!, person in the world who thinks I'm too young for one! Lol :D

-Naira
I don't have one.

I might get one for christmas though!

My mom is going to buy like the most expensive one in the store (knowing her) and dad will get angry and they'll fight and it'll end with mom getting her way. My house is so predictable, it's funny!

-Naira

I've got a notebook computer. It's small, but has good battery life. I take it with me to the library when I need to do research in the reference section. I can type in my findings directly into my computer there, at the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back