An Inconvienient Truth

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miffiy

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Please see this movie. Nag your parents, clear time on a weekend, ANYTHING, just see it.

This movie will tell you more about this subject, which is so important to our future, than anything you've seen or heard before. Our generation depends on it.

I haven't seen it, but I know what its about. It is very true, unfortunately. :)

I was going to buy it because it had penguins on the cover. I thought it was a penguin movie. Then I saw the title and put it back xP If I remember, the movie is about global warming.. and well.. I don't care. If it was about penguins, and only penguins, I'd have gone nuts and bought it.

That's a bit selfish, Heather. Just because it's not about penguins doesn't mean you shouldn't see it. you don't have to buy it, just rent it. Although it would help in you see it in cinema, because then you can take in the full impact of the movie.

Wildcat_Gal_101: It's a documentary about global warming and what the consequences have been already, because we haven't done anything so far. It's also about what global warming is, how it got there, and what we can to to reduce ,or even stop, it.

Kelly_Clarkson8: you should go see it. it's not enough just to read a blurb somewhere about it. you have to see the real thing before you can truly understand. Like I said before, nag your parents. it worked for MG23. I'm sure she'll come back telling us all how fantastically instructive it was.

That's a bit selfish, Heather. Just because it's not about penguins doesn't mean you shouldn't see it. you don't have to buy it, just rent it. Although it would help in you see it in cinema, because then you can take in the full impact of the movie.
Wildcat_Gal_101: It's a documentary about global warming and what the consequences have been already, because we haven't done anything so far. It's also about what global warming is, how it got there, and what we can to to reduce ,or even stop, it.

Kelly_Clarkson8: you should go see it. it's not enough just to read a blurb somewhere about it. you have to see the real thing before you can truly understand. Like I said before, nag your parents. it worked for MG23. I'm sure she'll come back telling us all how fantastically instructive it was.
It's selfish? Selfish is keeping things to yourself. Not not seeing a movie because it doesn't have penguins.

I don't want to see the movie because I don't give the slightest crap about global warming. The fact that the cover has penguins, but the movie doesn't furthers my opinion to not see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you know what? Penguins are being affected by global warming, too. If you've seen march of the penguins you'll know that the melting of the glaciers in antarctica is affecting the penguins right now as we speak. It is selfish, and you know it is; the fact that it doesn't have penguins in it is not the point. The point is that our world is on the edge, and we need everyone we can get to see this movie, and help to preserve our environment.

Well, you know what? Penguins are being affected by global warming, too. If you've seen march of the penguins you'll know that the melting of the glaciers in antarctica is affecting the penguins right now as we speak. It is selfish, and you know it is; the fact that it doesn't have penguins in it is not the point. The point is that our world is on the edge, and we need everyone we can get to see this movie, and help to preserve our environment.
I'm aware that they're being affected. But the point is I don't care about global warming, hence I'm not seeing this movie.

Just because people see a movie doesn't mean they're going to go spazz and make a difference. People saw Supersize Me, and they still eat at McDonald's knowing their food is bad. People saw Happy Feet and saw that people fishing around Antarctica was leaving the penguins with very little food, but people are still going to fish there.

Movies don't save the world.

OK, Heather doesn't have to see the movie if she doesn't want to, k? I've never even heard about it and to be honest I don't really plan to because I know about global warming and it is affecting my winter. It snowed in November but now its completely and utterly dry and maybe a teensy bit mildly chilly. We all know what we can do to halt global warming from going any farther, but some people decide not to so we can go about our regular lives without change. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying global warming is going to increase because you cannot stop many millions of people from driving to work or school instead of walking at one time. We've got to take baby steps and do what we can, but we know its not going to stop very suddenly and eveyrthing's going to be fine and dandy, its just not. I'm not trying to be rude, but that's the truth.

I know that and no one's forcing her. I just want to get it through to her that global warming has quite a big impact on the penguins. The antarctic glaciers are melting, and pretty soon if we don't do something, there will be no penguins outside of zoos.

As for the change, yes it can happen very quickly and very dramatically and it should happen very quickly and very dramatically because if it doesn't, and we take "baby steps", we're not going to be fast enough, and trust me, you don't want to know whats going to happen if we take too long.

I never said it's going to be fine and dandy, because our world is never, EVER going to be like that. I'm trying to get it through to people that global warming is going to make our world even worse if we don't do something about it. This movie is alerting people of our problem and also giving people who already know about it a closer and more in depth understanding of what is happening to us.

BTW: Please don't double post. People will post soon enough after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back