Elbows on the Table.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.::Snowy::.

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why adults think that eating with your elbows on the table is rude? Do you know why?

Do you have any ideas why. It's confusing, I can see no reason why it's rude. Hmm..

Because parents want to find as many things as they can to correct you for ~ so they feel like 'proper parents'!!! :D :D ^_^
LOL. That's a good idea. Maybe not practical but funny!

^________^

Good Question! I always wonder that and I think if you stick your elbo on the table it looks like your a Slob. I dont really think so but I agree that all parents have grown up with that rule and have past it on too all us kids.

Regards

//RHC

Well, I'm allowed to eat with elbows on the table. ^_^

I think alot of parents don't want you doing it because when THEY grew up, thats what they were taught to do. Having your elbows on the table isn't usually the most polite thing to do, and most parents want to teach you to look proper at the table. :D

Love, Amizura

Well, I'm allowed to eat with elbows on the table. :D
I think alot of parents don't want you doing it because when THEY grew up, thats what they were taught to do. Having your elbows on the table isn't usually the most polite thing to do, and most parents want to teach you to look proper at the table. :D

Love, Amizura
Really? Well you better stop that habit otherwise people will think you are a slob! >.< :lol: ^_^

This question is a puzzling one.For some reason it is considered 'Rude and 'unpolite'.I still wonder why! :D

-illusion-

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's because if you have your elbows on the table it looks like your almost going to lean over the whole table. But I don't know really. ;P But I can't understand why it's fine to have your hands/wrists on the table but not your elbows. Confusing, this whole ettiquite(sp)-rule.

// Yumi_82

I know why.

When your elbows are on the table you do it normally to support your head which is a sign of laziness. They want you to sit with your back straight and hands together to support good posture; Something not mny kids these days have.

Does that clear it up?

I'm allowed to, and I agree with Amizura.

But I still don't really know why it's considered rude. Maybe when I'm an adult one day I'll understand. O.O

ST

Really? Well you better stop that habit otherwise people will think you are a slob! >.< B) :)
Nah. :p I don't look like a slob. I don't have my elbows on the table when I am with people otuside of my family. With people like my Grandma, and my Great Aunt....they were taught to keep elbow's off teh table, so I do it just to be polite. Otherwise, I eat with elbows on the table. I'm not lazy; I just find it easier to eat that way. XP

Love, Amizura

I know why.When your elbows are on the table you do it normally to support your head which is a sign of laziness. They want you to sit with your back straight and hands together to support good posture; Something not mny kids these days have.

Does that clear it up?
I know, it supports slumping, which will lead to a Hunch in your back

A lesson fer me, Have good posture, cause I usually dont, and last summer I was swimming with my friends in my backyard (Alexis had a pool, it was to small XD) (Marissa had a dirty pool, mines was clean) My back was gravely hurting, I had to send my friends home, My dad said it was because of my posture

I know, it supports slumping, which will lead to a Hunch in your back
A lesson fer me, Have good posture, cause I usually dont, and last summer I was swimming with my friends in my backyard (Alexis had a pool, it was to small XD) (Marissa had a dirty pool, mines was clean) My back was gravely hurting, I had to send my friends home, My dad said it was because of my posture
Yup thats what I was going to say!!!

Most of the people with hunched backs get them from putting all their weight on their elbow. And when you start getting tall, trust me it is not pretty. My friend is really tall and when she sits down her back is like all bent. She can't sit strait up. I have a hunch in my back and my spine sticks out when i bend forward even a little bit. My parents don't care if I have my elbows on the table. It's my sister that doesn't let me lol.

~creks~

Thats a really good question...

"It's okay to put your elbows on the table if you're not actually eating. But, if you're eating, then only rest the forearms on the table. One doesn't want to be hunched over their food" -Quote by some website

So I guess that it rude by putting your elbows on the table while your eating cause it looks like you don't want anyone else eating your food.. Thats what I'm guessing, but I might be wrong.

-NINJA

Merry Christmas♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back