GRRRRR!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warriorscats

Reaction score
This Christmas all that I can think about is a laptop but my parents don't want me to have one :lol: . So I asked my dad about if Santa did happen to get me one would he let my keep it and what would be his reaction. He said that if I did get one he would send it back to Santa along with an angry letter and he was serious! (sp?) so now I'm really sad but mostly angry at them. Why can't they just trust me with a laptop!!!! I'm 11 years old and I think think that I can handle one!!!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
you know, some people cant afford to spend that kind of money.

you could be totaly responsible, but that doesnt mean you deserve one or able to get one.

if thats ALL you think about, you might want to do a little reality check.

I think 11 is a bit too young for a laptop.

If you have the computer you're on right now, what's the point of a laptop?

I think 11 is a bit too young for a laptop.If you have the computer you're on right now, what's the point of a laptop?
The computer that I'm on right now is the only good computer that we have and I rarley(sp?) get to go on it because my brother or parents are always on it and no I don't think 11 is to young for a laptop :lol:

you know, some people cant afford to spend that kind of money.you could be totaly responsible, but that doesnt mean you deserve one or able to get one.
Agreed... laptops are substantially more expensive than desktops. Do you have a computer of your own at the moment?

If so, they are probably also thinking about the practical aspect. You have one

already so why replace one functioning computer with another more expensive one?

If not, there is probably a control aspect in there. While you don't have your own computer, they can still monitor your activites over the internet and make sure you are safe. Getting your own computer means they lose that control and they may not be ready for that yet.

So as it has already been stated, don't take it as being them thinking you aren't deserving or responsible.. parents just have issues with releasing control over their children. You must also remember it is them that have to worry about the household income!

i think u can get one if u build up trust and responsobility with your parents

( i got 2 laptops the first one broke so my dad's gonna get me another one to share with my mom(srry if i went off topic(just sayin)))

get 2 computers! for the whole family! that's what we did...but my brother pretty much owns he good one >_> and my other brother, who's in college, has his own laptap...for college. And my parents rarely go on the computer.

I am kinda in the same situation. See...I have Zelda: Twilight Princess and Redsteel for Wii but no Wii. I have been waiting since October 2005 to play TP so I asked if I could get the GC version as well, but my parents said no....by the time I have a Wii it will be somewhere in January, I just know it. :lol: IT'S NO FAIR!!!!!! I'm probably not gonna got either one for christmas or Hanukkah either... :rolleyes: It's already the 6th day of Hanukkah and I got no presents so far!!! my parents keep forgetting!!! > :rolleyes:

I think 11 is a bit too young for a laptop.If you have the computer you're on right now, what's the point of a laptop?
I'm eleven.... I have a laptop....

But whocares, maybe they don't have the money. But so what? Doesn't mean your world will come crashing down.

Maybe their covering up that they really got you a laptop...but then again maybe their not...

Laptops can cost up to $1500. I don't think your parents wanna spend that kind of cash on one present.

I got an expencive laptop when I was 7 and got loads of other presants too becuase my dad saves up loads. you do know money doesnt grow on trees and your parents have to pay bills.

yea be sides think of the other gifts you will get the lap top u need to put internet access on it

like SK said be happy with the PC :D laptops are more used in like collage and high school i think. youre a bit young no offence

My dad refuses to buy me one, and I asked but my mom butted in "If ANYONE gets a labtop its goina be me!" When she bought this PC I type on (Before that we had a Compaq >_<) same thing goes for a cellphone

My dad said I could get one.......If those 100 dollar ones come out from Taiwan, mom said there cheap, I dont care lol, Id be just happy

Be happy with what you have, My friend has her own Desktop PC cause the local middle (or elementary) school gave it to her since she is homeschooled, lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back