- - - - -

What runs in your family?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• tama815 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:32 PM ( #18 )

Here is a noticable or maybe not so noticable difference with me and my family. First try this, fold your hands like you are about to pray with your fingers interlocking. Look at your hands. Which thumb is facing you? If it's you left thumb then you have the dominant gene (most people have this) If your right thumb is up and facing you, then you have the ressesive gene (most people DON'T have this). For me it's my right thumb that faces up so I have the ressesive. Everyone else in my family has their left thumb facing up.

This is something we did in my science class in eighth grade when we were studying genetics. Try it with your family. It's really cool.

• kawaii-kitty user photo

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:48 PM ( #19 )

Well mainly on my moms side...As you get older if your hair is blond your hair will turn browner each year. And in the summer it goes back to blondslowly each day o.O For me I was born with brown hair so every year it is turning black and in the summer, light brown o.O

Aubrey Hepburn

• aubrey-hepburn user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:52 PM ( #20 )

Most of my characteristics came from my Mom and her family. I inherited from her side my free spirit, silliness, a LOT of inner strength, and I think very similarly to her father(my grandpa).

I have the same build as most the women on that side as well, rather thin, but I'm taller than most of them at a little over 5'4". :wub: Makes me feel tall. :P I also have longer fingers than they tend to and higher feet arches. We all joke about being a thin Hobbit family. :lol:

I must've gotten my height from my Dad. And my almond-shaped eyes. Mom's side all have big round, mostly blue eyes. Mine are coppery hazel/dark brown/dark green. Thank gosh I didn't get my Dad's carrot colored hair. :D Everyone says I got my dark brown/nearly black hair and light skin from my Mom's Dad and Grandma, who was Swiss.

The not-as-good things I inherited are stomach problems and low blood-sugar issues from my Mom's side as well. Oh well, you get what you get!

• tama815 user photo

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:55 PM ( #21 )

Yea, I'm really tall, I got it from my dad. I am 5'8". A bit tall for a girl.