My Friend Bought A Fake Tamagotchi!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0o-Tamagotchi-Baby-o0

Reaction score
Just the other day, my friend bought a fake Tamagotchi, same price as normal ones, except it was green and retangular, with 4 buttons.

It could cook it's own food and everything, also take showers. You could choose at the beginning weather it was a monkey, cat, dog, hamster or rabbit. It was totally weird.

Has anyone else bought one like this? She bought it off of eBay... ^_^

ye my cuz got me one for christmas from a gadget shop... 'virtual pet' or summat, its very basic but she started it up for me and now i feel too guilty to take it back

i think that they are called digimon or something, but i've seen one

no, digimon are real... digimon is even a tv show. lol.

it's them dinkie dino things, that someone mentioned here in the forum already. lol.

to 100% sure you're getting a Tamagotchi

1. Make sure the Bandai logo is on there

2. the spelling of Tamagotchi is correct

3. the package for the most part should be in English.

4. The cost should be around $15+ dollars...

it's them dinkie dino things, that someone mentioned here in the forum already. lol.

They also should have 0 key chains if im correct.

It's not even a tama, let alone a fake, it's just a couzin, as in made by someother company, like pocket puppy. And it sounds like giga pets.

I bought one like that at the brisbane show a couple of years ago when the craze was new to australia. It was green and a funny shape with 4 buttons. It was labelled something similar to tamagotchi. I can't exactly remember. It was 3 yrs ago!

It's a virtuale pet.

My friend has one. She got it for christmas, even though she wanteds a tamagotchi. She got it for $7 buckes. It's called a virtuale pet.

I fell sorry for your friend. ;)

Well the point is does your friend enjpy it?.

From Trahi.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't think there was such thing as a fake Tamagotchi! That really is funny if u think about it!!!

My v4 rox i got it at Big K Mart!!!!!! ;) :D ;)

dinkie dino i bet

my brother had one and it broke when he dropped it...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
okay so here's the deal... i had a bunch of these different digital pets when i was little ( i guess we're talking about 1996 or even earlier). nanobaby, tamagotchi, gigapet...you name it. gigapets aren't fake tamagotchis. they're just similar knockoffs of the original. if you don't want a fake tamagotchi go to walmart or apparently kmart. they also charge the msrp which should be $14.99. i know because in my deluded stupor i ordered one online that cost me 20 bucks and then i went to walmart and got one for the right price. and it was even pink. ;)

it sounds like fun.... but i think it just a diff kind of v pet, not a fakie.

I wouldn't think of it as a fake Tamagotchi, if the seller doesn't claim it's a Tamagotchi. If packaging doesn't involve any Tamagotchi characters, nor does it have a name similar to Tamagotchi, it probably isn't a Tamagotchi at all, so it wouldn't be a Fake Tamagotchi, just another virtual pet. o-o

It's possible that this wasn't a "fake tamagotchi". Maybe the lables were wrong or you bought something that was called something similair to "tamagotchi" and you thought it was a tamagotchi. It is obvious that is wasn't a tamagotchi. I never buy anything off e-bay because of the risk that it's not what you think it is.

Dinkie Dino's are real, I think they were made by a company that branched off of BanDai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back