Scared of the Dark

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This my sound stupid but. I'm scared of the dark!!! :rolleyes: What should i do???
Try not to think about evil things.

Why are you scared of the dark?

-Evil things

-Things might pop out

-Eyes might appear

? Any of those? Being scared of the dark is a natural feeling, but being too scared isn't overly good. Think of happy thoughts, and if it's dark turn on a nightlight. Remember; nightlights shine into dark corners. If there is the option, simply turn on the light. Nightlights are recommended for sleeping :rolleyes: I have one in my room.

You simply must relax and remember; there is nothing to be scared of.

*Tgd*

Try not to think about evil things.
Why are you scared of the dark?

-Evil things

-Things might pop out

-Eyes might appear

? Any of those? Being scared of the dark is a natural feeling, but being too scared isn't overly good. Think of happy thoughts, and if it's dark turn on a nightlight. Remember; nightlights shine into dark corners. If there is the option, simply turn on the light. Nightlights are recommended for sleeping :rolleyes: I have one in my room.

You simply must relax and remember; there is nothing to be scared of.

*Tgd*
I USED to be scared of 2/3s of that list... I watched to much Ghost stories (still do)

What I did is if I was asleep, my Dad would come in and turn the light out and close the door. It proved to me nothing bad happend in the dark.

Good Luck!

Eh. Me too. I'm scared of many things. But on topic, at night, you should have a nightlight. I've got one.

-Kuchipatchi-

My mom would do that to. But I just can't get rid of the thinking that people might pop out in the dark :rolleyes: Thank you everybody

I think nightlights would make it more scary making lots of shadows and all... what helps me is that I can turn my light on and off right from my bedside. Oh and I like those glow in the dark stars.

I'm scared of the dark. Especiallu at my grandma's house!

At my house, I am only scared of the dark because:

1. I'm afraid somebody might be looking in.

2. I'm afraid somebody might shoot me or bang on my window

At my grandma's house:

1. Since she lives on a farm, noises TERRIFIY me!!!!! Especially the howling or barking of dogs and wolves.

2. I might see somebody in the window.

3. Somebody out the window might have a flash light and they might flash the light on their face.

One thing that really scares me in when somebody is knocking on my window at my dad's house. I have accually had somebody knock on my window at my dad's house. It's a very faint tap but I hear it and wake up fast! I bundle up and I can hear my heart beating fast.

Since I fall asleep with my TV on, sometimes noises from the TV scare me! You know that noise on the TV that reports a big storm or a missing/kidnapped child that you hear on the radio? Well I once heard that on my TV and it scared me! I'm very scared of that noise. I dunno why but I just am.

*~Tamagotchi~*

Last edited by a moderator:
Your scared. BUT SOMETIMES IT'S REALLY YOU MAKING THAT NOISE ;) :)
Lol! Yea, one time I was moving my foot and I didn't really know it cause it's jsut a habbit and it made this weird tapping sound and I ws creeped out by the tapping sound. :D Another thing was I was about to go to sleep and I turned on my side and something was grabbing my hair and I freaked out but it was just the antenna on my radio. :mimitchi:

i just leave my lights on. only some of them though. it is still dark, but not pitch black. i have the top of a bunk bed so it is really dark up there if you only have one small light on. my sis (15) gets really annoyed that the lights are on so she bought one of those sleep eye cover thingys. my sis is weird.

I used to be terrified of the dark!

If you're sleeping, when the light turns off, immediatly close your eyes and don't open them. This prevents you from seeing the dark, and you will quickly fall asleep.

Another thing is after some time in the dark, your eyes will get used to it and you will now be able to see somthings around you, and it won't seem so dark.

Lol! Yea, one time I was moving my foot and I didn't really know it cause it's jsut a habbit and it made this weird tapping sound and I ws creeped out by the tapping sound. ;) Another thing was I was about to go to sleep and I turned on my side and something was grabbing my hair and I freaked out but it was just the antenna on my radio. :mimitchi:
same that happens to me whenever i think about something in my bed

this may sound stupid but, my bro is obsessed with the simpsons and occasionly its pretty gruesome so i get scared. but what i so is ether (sp?):

as soon as i start thinking of it, immidietly think of something cool.

bury myself under the pillow a make up an imangenry world in my head, like laying out houses and everything

and many other things

if u think any of these r babiesh, soz. i'm only 10.

im also scared of the dark what i do is i leave my bedroom door open less then half way and keep the lights by the staris on (my bedroom is right by the stair case) i leave that light on with my door open a touch les then half way open

i just leave my lights on. only some of them though. it is still dark, but not pitch black. i have the top of a bunk bed so it is really dark up there if you only have one small light on. my sis (15) gets really annoyed that the lights are on so she bought one of those sleep eye cover thingys. my sis is weird.
i sometimes (not all the time) wear one of those eye cover things. Its black with a pink piggy on it XD

I used to be scared of the dark...about 8 years ago (now im 13) but now when i sleep i cant have any light. everything has to be pitch black for me O_O

What I used to do is talk to it.... XD

I'd say quite loudly in my Bedroom:

"Your Nothing to me and you can't hurt me. My love and my friends/families love protects me."

If i watch a scary movie i freak out when i'm alone but i inhale and then tell myself confidently theres nothing there.

The best thing to do is to say (to the dark):

"You can't hurt me. There is nothing to be afraid of. If i am wrong... come get me... c'mon! But i am protected! SO COME GET ME!"

You'll realize that there is nothing there. ^^

I am too. I have a cool lava lamp that makes light and i turn it on before I go to bed :]. So get a lava lamp amd try it to see if it helps.

wooooooooooooooooooooo!!! nightlights rule! i have two in my room. well i have a sister so we got some from our cousin. they're from the disney store!!!! mine is ariel's sandcastle thing and my sister's is cinderella's castle. it's cool cuz the light comes out thru the windows. yes i recommend nightlights and glow in the dark stars. i'm just like you because i watch/listen to ghost stories. the weird thing is that i watch weird travels (or somtin like that) on travel channel and i think it's the real deal and it duznt scare me! but fake ghost stories do. for me, nothing can prove there's nothing in the dark waiting....plus i think i have ghosts in my house, but i sleep fine. pm me 2 find out the experiences i've had with that.

i used to have a freakish fear of the dark. but now, since i went to summer camp and had to sleep without any light, i've grown accustomed to pitch black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back