Photo
- - - - -

TamaChat down for repairs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Locky458

• locky458 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:43 PM ( #181 )

Look guys I am so sorry. B) But I just felt sour that yall feel that way. So please forgive me. :P

LOVE AND REPSECT,

Locky458

Bell Sprout

• bell-sprout user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:10 PM ( #182 )

This thread is closed until further notice...

TamaMum has already made a request for a you all to cool the tempers before posting however, this does not appear to have been observed and strangely this conversation seems to have become about a certain member rather than TamaChat.

Admin has left an update on the issue here: http://www.tamatalk....showtopic=95052

If you have any further questions/issues about how TamaTalk is run and or moderated I suggest you contact Admin personally rather than stirring up a flame war.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:06 PM ( #183 )

I have toa dmit that being called a liar was the last thing I expected. At no time have I lied about the chat. It was taken down because the site was suffering from slowness at a time when the number of people visiting was also going up. The choice was made to close chat so that the rest of the site did not suffer. Is chat popular? Yes... But not one of the more popular parts of the site. We are now, and for the future will be, primarily a forum site. If you really *HAVE* to have your chat fix then please feel free to exchange AIM information. There are lots of alternatives. I can't sacrifice the forums because of chat.

My current theory is that the slowness of TT (which made me decide to close chat) was an early sign of drive problems on the server. The drive was replaced yesterday and now we test to make sure the theory is correct. If the new drive solves the problems and all looks to be OK then chat can be considered again.

Admin

PS - My apologies if any of this sounds harsh or rude. That is not my intention. I am still a little stunned to see me being called a liar and cries of protest being posted. I totally udnerstand the frustration of not having chat. All I ask is that some patience be given here. We are all trying to do the best that we can with what resources and time we have.