Advice Needed - This Person Won't Stop

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenniswinner

December 2007 Contest Winner
Reaction score
During summer '06, I met this girl at my camp. Let's call her L. She seemed really nice. She's 13 or 14 now, and we swapped phone numbers (home and cell). After the summer ended, she called me non-stop, and soon I was getting pretty darn sick of it. So I stopped picking up my cell. Then she'd call my home phone, and I'd shout out, "DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE!" So nobody picked up the home phone either. So after a while of doing this, I decided to talk to her again. So we talked, and she asked why I hadn't been picking up. I said I was extremely busy. L would text me when she KNEW that I wasn't allowed to text, and I'd get blamed for it. All her messages just said "Hey" and that's it! I was getting frustrated! So I called her and told her not to text me, and I hung up. So then I went to this sleepover party. I was really hyper, so I told everyone we should prank call her. So we did, and we say, "Would you still like your 50 pounds of eggnog? And your 3 medium sized pizzas?" And we hung up. Then we felt really bad, so I called her back and told her my friends prank called her while I was in the bathroom. Then a few days later, she calls me while I'm studying for this huge test and says, "*serious tone* We need to talk." And I say, "I can't, I'm studying right now." "When will you be done?" "I don't know." "Can you call me back?" "I'll try. Bye." So she calls my cell and home phone while I'm walking the dog. I assumed she got the picture that I no longer wanted to talk to her. I thought she left me alone for good - for good! And then today my cell rings. Oh, look, Caller ID = L. Fabulous. I don't pick up. And then of course, she calls my home phone. Nope, no way I'm picking up. She's annoyed the heck out of me, and probably wants to talk to me on why I'm not picking up.

I really want her to stop, but I don't know how! Please help! :)

That's what I was thinking - But I'm not exactly sure how.. :)

Anyone know how to block numbers on a Verizon Phone?

Same thing happened to me and my friend Kaylee. WHat Kaylee did was block her number. But you can also pick up one time and tell her how you feel. My BFF kept on calling while I was doing schoolwork, I talked to her and then I said"Will you stop calling me so much?" and she actully stopped. I dunno if its going to work for you though.

I just checked the Verizon Wireless website, and they said that they don't offer blocking at this time.

So just tell her to stop calling you. It's not like you're ever going to see her again anyway.

Just tell her the truth! Tell her that you don't like getting phone calls constantly and that it has to stop. That's what I would do....

Don't drop hints to people. x.x

To get a message clear to someone, you have to tell them straight up. Tell her she's annoying you and you want her to stop calling. I know it's hard to do, but trust me. Speaking from experience, the only way to get a point across to someone clearly is to tell them straight how you feel about the situation.

If worst comes to worst, block her number from both phones, or change the numbers x.x' I've had to change my cell number too many times from people annoying me.

why dont you just tell her that she calls too much?

she might not even realize that she calls too much.

its sounds kind of like there is a problem comunicating (sp)

you need to talk to her, tell her whats going on.

if you just ignore her, she will never know and the problem will continue.

This is what happened to me. Well, similar:

I used to be BEST friends with this girl. Let's call her A. We used to play together alot and talk tons. I gave her my phone number, she gave me hers. I found out she had MSN, so I added her. We talked alot....then she started calling me every time she saw I was on MSN. Alot of times I wouldn't want to play, or I wasn't allowed....and whenever I said I coldn't she'd say, "Why!??? PLEASE!?? Omg please?" And sometimes, she'd call, I wouldn't answer, then she'd call at least 10 more times. She'd leave one message saying, "Hi! It's A. Call me back." then she'd call 50 more times leaving no messages. So I blocked her from MSN so she wouldn't think I was home. <.<

For your problem, I suggest telling the truth. Pick up the phone, and tell her in a nice way, "Hi L. Um......I really can't have you calling me so much. I'm really busy and I just don't always feel like chatting.....please stop calling me so much." then laugh and say, "Ok?" Hopefully she'll get the idea and won't call you so much. :)

*Tgd*

*takes deep breath*

Alright, I'll talk to her.

Actually, Nummy, I'm going to the same camp this year. She was a camp counselour helper, since she'll be a counselour when she's older. Most likely I'll be seeing her again.. :)

What my concern is that if I tell her, she'll get mad and make a fuss at camp. She has a disability, so she takes things a tad more seriously...

*takes deep breath*Alright, I'll talk to her.

Actually, Nummy, I'm going to the same camp this year. She was a camp counselour helper, since she'll be a counselour when she's older. Most likely I'll be seeing her again.. :)

What my concern is that if I tell her, she'll get mad and make a fuss at camp. She has a disability, so she takes things a tad more seriously...
What can she really do at camp though? She can complain about you not wanting to talk to her, but if you talk to a counselor they can talk to her and get her to stop.

And I personally think it's kind of stupid that just because she has a disabilty she takes things harder than others. So long as you're not attacking her for her disability there shouldn't be a problem.

You could, next time she calls, just tell her straight, but it a nice way, like:

"Hi. I'm sorry I haven't picked up your calls, its just I'm really busy with schoolwork and sometimes I just don't really feel like talking that much. But I'd like to keep up with our calls, so we can talk to eachother every once in a while, but not all the time.", and then end your call with a, "I hope I see you at camp again sometime!"

I think it's stupid, too, SK. But that's just how she is. :wacko:

I'm just afraid she'll stand me up, tell me something rude because I don't talk to her. But yeah, I do have the conselours. :blink:

I'll try to tell her that, Skippy~Tama. :unsure:

Yes, tell her the truth! :blink:

But say it nicely. Tell her that you simply are just bothered by her constantly calling you nonstop. But it's okay for her to call you once in a while. If you tell her the truth, you'll have nothing to hide from her xD :unsure:

Okay, first off, I have to say I agree with basically everyone else who took part in this topic.

Second, you need to tell her how you really feel about her calling.

Third, don't drop hints, like SK said. Tell her straight up.

Fourth, don't lie about it.

Fifth, if she gets mad, she gets mad.

Sixth, whenever she calls, pick up, tell her she shouldn't call as often, maybe once or twice a day, or only when she really, badly, horribly needs to talk to you, or it's completely necessary. And if you don't pick up, tell her to make sure she leaves a message.

Seventh, talk it through, make sure she gets the point, loud and clear. And I mean talk it really through.

Eighth, tell her to stop texting you, because she knows you're not allowed to text.

Ninth, always be kind about it. Never be rude.

k I'm done xD

pretend its a droped call like talk then stop after a lil bit and hang up suddenly then like turn off your phone(s) for like 30 mins

This is what happened to me. Well, similar:
I used to be BEST friends with this girl. Let's call her A. We used to play together alot and talk tons. I gave her my phone number, she gave me hers. I found out she had MSN, so I added her. We talked alot....then she started calling me every time she saw I was on MSN. Alot of times I wouldn't want to play, or I wasn't allowed....and whenever I said I coldn't she'd say, "Why!??? PLEASE!?? Omg please?" And sometimes, she'd call, I wouldn't answer, then she'd call at least 10 more times. She'd leave one message saying, "Hi! It's A. Call me back." then she'd call 50 more times leaving no messages. So I blocked her from MSN so she wouldn't think I was home. <.<

For your problem, I suggest telling the truth. Pick up the phone, and tell her in a nice way, "Hi L. Um......I really can't have you calling me so much. I'm really busy and I just don't always feel like chatting.....please stop calling me so much." then laugh and say, "Ok?" Hopefully she'll get the idea and won't call you so much. :huh:

*Tgd*
Lol, on MSN when one of my annoying friends comes on, and I'm in a conversation with someone else.. I just chose to appear offline. :)

Like most people have said.. (including me :p ) The truth always] works. :huh:

Another suggestion: Ask her questions. Whenever my parents do something wrong and won't admit it, I ask them questions. If she's rude to you, "What did I do to you? How is not wanting to talk to you nonstop bad?" "Why do you need to talk to me every hour?' The only way she'll be able to prove you wrong is if.. you were wrong. She won't come up with a good answer if yo're right. :huh:

I told my mom.. she thinks it's getting out of hand.

So I've come to a final decision - I'll tell her the truth. No more lies, no more hints. I'll tell her.

Next time that phone rings BAM - Hey, L, we need to talk.

Thanks everybody! ^_^ You all made me feel like I can do the right thing. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back