Ancestors to Current Tamagotchi Lovers

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badwallaby

Reaction score
I was just curious how many other people around are players from 'back in the day'. I just wanted to see who avidly played them back in the 90's. I was 12 when they came out 10 years ago. I had the original tamas, giga pets, and those old cheapy white ones called 8-in-1. How old were you and which ones did you have?

6-ish, and I had a P1, P2, and countless frustrating Gigapets.

Hmm...I was only about 4. I actually didn't have an official Tamagotchi; I had a copy-cat vp called "Pet Vet". When Connections came out, I was thrilled that virtual pets were "it" again! ^_^ Now I have 6 Connections, one Mini, and two ancestors. :huh:

-Tamaguy#1 ^_^

Wow this makes me feel SO old!!
Don't worry! ^_^ There are lots of people on here older than you that still are still caretakers of Tamas. :huh: There shouldn't really be an age limit on Tamagotchis, I think. :huh:

-Tamaguy#1 ^_^

Well, I suppose there are, but they aren't showing themselves now! lol.

I was 10 years old and I had a Tamagotchi on the day they first came out :furawatchi: I was in toys r us and they were putting them on the shelf and everyone was buying one so I made my grandma buy me one :huh: I was 10 back in 1997.

I was 11 When I first got mine almost 10 years ago. I got an aqua blue with purple buttons and crackle P1 for Christmas...and I have not stopped collecting them ever since. I really love my P1 and P2s. ;) I also started buying the Octo-Pets, Chickpet, all the Giga Pets, all the Nanos, Dinkies, Gyaoppi, Digimon, Ocean, Angel...literally everything you could find in America that was virtual pet-related.

I still have them all, and if you would like to see a pre-Christmas photo and run-down of what I own, click my Tamagotchi Collection Census thread link in my signature. Prepare to do some serious reading if you have a look at the list, I wrote down all of them below the picture link. ;)

A couple of years ago I can bareley remember but I went to my grandmas house and we went to mcdonalds and I got a toy that when you press the butons alot of times this thing starts flipping and you could get memetchi mametchi and kuchipatchi. and my ant is probably gona give me her original tamagotchi. It is white on the outside and the boarder were the screen is is red <_<

I got my first Tamagotchi when I was around 11. I only was able to have one because that was all my mother could afford at the time. Even after they went out of style I had my tamagotchi. I wasn't really that great of a caretaker. Sadly I lost it along the way and I wish I hadn't. In 2003 I got another P2 Tamagotchi but it had damage to its screen so you'd have two blank strips in the pixels. I raised quite a few on it until it died suddenly and refused to work anymore. I was also a fan of the Original Pokemon Pikachu. I got my mine up to the point to were he would go to school and use a computer but that sadly resets itself for no reason now and I'm hoping to replace it someday. See some of us "old timers" are still going strong!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 15 and my sister gave me a knock off with a cute duck (not 10 in one). 4 years ago my friend at work gave me her first original P1, and now i'm still in love with tamas!

:D :D

When they came out i was like... 6 months old. So, i didn't really have a P1/P2. I want one though, and they're hard to find.

Well, I suppose there are, but they aren't showing themselves now! lol.
Hello, fellow college student! :D

I remember I had my first virtual pet about ten years ago, when I was 11, and it had only one character which could live up to 12 days, I think. And then it was born over again. And later I've had 8-1.

i was seven or eight. I am in high school now, and never stopped lovin them. I had Disney store exclusives ( I still love that buzz light year one with the alien ) Giga farm ( I had corn as my virtual pet!! ), Giga faces ( still dont know how that works exactly) , Giga frog, KFC exclusive giga puppy, 101 Dalmations giga pupy, Talking nano baby, Nano puppy, Nano teddy, Nano kitty, Tamagotchi angel, Tamagotchi p1 and p2, Some cheapoes from places like walgreens and Eckerds ( was grand union back then ) , The little mermaid, and egg shaped mermaid one, a bunny, A different bunny ( i forget what it was ) Gigapets koala, and I think thats it.

Sadly, most of these no loger work, or have either gone missing. The ones that I have now that still work or are new are :

Various pocket neopets, seven tamagotchi v1, two v2, five v3, a v4 comin in the mail ( should arive this week ) a tamagotchi p1 and a p2, Giga faces ( anyone know what the point of it is?? ) KFC giga pet dog ( who knew a kids meal toy would last this long ) Nano Teddy, Nano puppy, 101 dalmations, Gigapets koala, and thats it.

When I was little IO carried them all on a chain! It was heavy, and now I keep them all in a bag ( that says tamagotchi on it ) :huh:

OH yes. I had a white P2 with a pink border and pink characters surrounding the screen. The word Tamagotchi was at the top in pink. I was 6 years old and a terrible caretaker. I would always either get Kusatchi or kill it.

I just got two P1's off eBay. One is blue, and the other one, I don't know what color it is.

I was 39 when I got my first Tama; a P2 ,royal blue with yellow buttons and black around the screen. Mametchi was my first adult character. I still have that Tama, and it still works perfectly.

I still have all my originals. They are far better than the newer ones in my opinion. I believe I was in the first grade when they first came out. Giga Pets are my faves! I usually always have a Giga Pet running, and they're pretty easy to take care of too; mine would probably never die if the battery stayed alive.

I was about 7-8 years old when they first came out. My first one was a giga pets compu kitty. I still have it, but sadly the scroll buttons are so crushed from years of love it's been rendered unusable. I bought a replacement and it happened to come with a package so now that package has become my original's grave.

My first tamagotchi was a yellow US angel. Years later, I found a small display at KB Toys and I bought a white P2 with pink buttons and pink tamagotchi characters around it, a white P1 with red buttons, and a yellow P2 with blue buttons and blue characters. The yellow one is still alive, along with the white and red (both looking a little worse for wear) the pink and white one broke.

Please don't bump up old topics.. This was started in 2007. :huh:

Thanks.

*Topic closed by Jappyx*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back