would you sue JD?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you sue JD for fake tams?

• yes! they should be sued for making all those fake tams!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no! no way! they have a right to make 'virtual pets' fake or no.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no, no, sue the fake tam vendors!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ehh, i really dont care.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyonchit

Reaction score
ha, just wondering...

though, im pretty sure this would be biased..

would you be willing to do something about JD?

*this is HERE and not in 'whats on your mind' BECAUSE: well, JD is a fake tam company. so, this is related, right?*

Would you sue Savings for making cheaper frozen veggies in a simple packet?

Would you sue LG for making mobile phones?

Would you sue Matel for making toy basketballs?

Remember, unless the company is trying to claim that they are making BANDAI tamagotchis they are quite entitled to make virtual pets. Every product has a company that will sell a homebrand version... something that is same as the brand name but cheaper and a little less good quality. Think about it.. you can get expensive shoes and cheap shoes. You can get brand name food products or your can get savings or Woolies brand. There is the game ConnectFour and another company makes LineUpFour which is the same game just named differently and cheaper. :blink:

You can't sue a company for making their own version of a product even if it does the same thing. ;) You can only sue if they are claiming to be something they are not... i.e. putting a Bandai logo on their own product.

he has a point

then again some unsuspecting person might buy a cyber pet from JD thinking it was an official tamagotchi.

now i have a point

he has a point
then again some unsuspecting person might buy a cyber pet from JD thinking it was an official tamagotchi.

now i have a point
BellSprout is a WOMEN :eek: :rolleyes: . Well I agree what Bell Sprout siad. As long as their not faking to be another brand it's ok.

Would you sue WAL-MART food brand's, Wal-Mart's store brand is called "Sam's Choice".

If the JD is faking to be a Ban-Dai product, you can sue. But they still can sell their products..

Would you sue a placed called "The 97 cent store". This store is somewhat like Dollar Tree and DollarGeneral.

What about the soap called "KamMay" (can't spell it). The real brand is Dial and Irish Springs.

Would you sue the shoes call "Bapes' instead of Converse and Nike's.

The Nintendo Gamecube company is called Nintendo Gamecube, but their is a brand called "Mad-Catz".

THERE JUST Called Ganerics.

What about Rose-Art and Crayola.

Last edited by a moderator:
he has a point

now i have a point
Sorry.. no such thing as an "official" tamagotchi. Just a brand name.. just like Nike is a brand name of shoe. ^_^

People buying the nonbrand name is more from a lack of education than anything else. If a person hasn't done the research and learned what tamagotchi is the favourite then that is their own problem. You can't cut out generic brands just because someone might buy them unintentionally. Besides, generics serve the purpose to act as a similar product for a reduced price. ;)

i guess...

*Removed - please don't advertise*

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't, they have alot of cool ideas, like in germany, they have an MP3 JD Tamagotchi, and alot of other neat ones, even though those things are annoying ((I bought a german JD on purpose when I went to germany, big pixels, the icons aren't aligned right, and they are more confusing than any Bandai Tamagotchi))

okay.

i have had plenty of experiances with copying other companies

take nintendo for example.

they weren't the first company to make a kart game but a month after mario kart was released sony announced that a crash bandicoot kart racing game was in the works.

the fact is things get copied all the time.

bell sprout has a point. i have a jd tamagotchi and i think its pretty cool. :blink:

ha, just wondering...though, im pretty sure this would be biased..

would you be willing to do something about JD?

*this is HERE and not in 'whats on your mind' BECAUSE: well, JD is a fake tam company. so, this is related, right?*
whats wrong with me!! i dont make fake tamas!! XD XD XD :wub: :( :( (my name sounds like JD)

and bellsprout does have a point.

Any company that claims they are selling tamagotchi would be sued by bandai faster than I could post in this topic. Luckily, they're smart enough to call them "Virtual Pets", "Digital Pets", or "Tamagotchi-like toy". If those kind of companies weren't around to sell cheap ripoffs, Bandai could and most likely would charge a little more for theirs.

had some of their tamas they do work very well they all go only in two stages screen quality is low and they are made of very cheap plastic

No. I know how to buy real Tamagotchis and I dont have to worry about other people buying fake ones. :rolleyes:

Bells got it. Technically its legal, and its kinda nice to have more than one type in my opinion. Anyway, they are never gonna be as good as Tamagotchis :lol:

Sue? Why? They are simply making a tamagotchi of their own, but going by a different name. And they clearly have 'JD' on the package, so it's not like they claim to be Bandai. :lol: I have a JD tamagotchi touch screen-tama, and it broke. Same with my friends JD touch-screen tama. They aren't the best quality.

There's only one thing I don't like about the JD company.....they use Bandai tamagotchi characters as there own. If Bandai copyrighted the tamagotchi characters, then as far as I know JD could be sued for that matter.

*Tgd*

The fakes look nice, I'm buying one made by JD. They have the right to make them, but no matter how hard they try, true tamas are the better ones.

You can't sue them for what they are doing. In the meantime, you can insult them!!! :lol: LOL

Lol for the meantime you CAN insult them... Anyways, if you read some of their descriptions on eBay occasionally you will see "Different from Bandai Tamagotchi". I know I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back