Photo
- - - - -

Why was TamaTalk down this morning?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:14 PM ( #1 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
I wanted to post a quick note to let everyone know what's going on. The site was closed for about 6 hours today (Feb 1, 2007) because the server had a bad drive. Fortunately, it wasn't a problem in which we lose information. Nothing was lost. We just had to get a new drive in there and let it sync itself back up. That's done and it was successful. Hopefully the drive problems are a reason why we have had small glitches here and there with slow database access. I'll keep an eye out for that to see if it helped. Speaking of slow database problems... The slow database problems are *THE* reason why chat was closed. We kept seeing problems and chat was a big user of the database. Once things a re really stable we will reopen chat. Unfortunately, that won't happen yet. Apologies for this. I know a lot of people are disappointed. :pochitchi:

That's the latest... I'll keep everyone posted. :nazotchi:

Admin

Replies

Views

Started

01 Feb 2007

Last Post

25 Feb 2007

Rey Mysterio

• rey-mysterio user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:43 PM ( #2 )

Thanks for the update! :angry:
I'm very sorry to all those Tamachat fans out there, but Admin is doing all he can to get it up and running again! :pochitchi: Please don't shout and flame at them, or at anyone, for that matter, just because the Chat is still down! :nyatchi: Take into account that Admin is trying to fix the chat in their free time, so please give him/her a little respect! :nazotchi:
Thanks again for the update, Admin! :(

Edited by Rey Mysterio, 01 February 2007 - 12:44 PM.

TamaPATCHI

• tamapatchi user photo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:28 PM ( #3 )

Oooh.. I hope that the server isn't that slow again! I sometimes experience a difficulty of loading on my computer, so I visit slightly after. Also, I hope TamaChat comes back up! I'm not a real fan, but I love to go chat with my friends!

//TamaPATCHI

Tamagirl_Desy

• tamagirl-desy user photo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:30 PM ( #4 )

Thanks for letting us know Admin! ^_^

Yes, I was wondering why Tamatalk was down this morning. Well, at least TT's back up and running! ^.^ Yes, TamaChat fans will be slightly disappointed.......Admin is trying all he can! ;) Be patient.

*Tgd*

yair11

• yair11 user photo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:37 PM ( #5 )

*starts twitching* No..... Tamachat? For a long time? Ahhhhh!!!!!! I'm sorry but that was one of the reasons I come on to TT. Withought it, my life is messed up. My life is like a roller coaster, it goes up, down, up, down, up & down..... I hope it comes back sooner than I think it will be in my mind..... Tamachat...... why?

Wow! That was dramatic. No really, it's ok! I know Admin is doing the best he can! I just hope it gets better soon....

Gerbils4ever

• gerbils4ever user photo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:30 PM ( #6 )

I just want to say sorry Admin. I have been very impatient. But you have to understand, that chat keeps me sane. And you do have a life of your own to keep up with. But just chat. And that's for the update of the site being down. I wouldn't have known if you didn't tell us.

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:34 PM ( #7 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
I wanted to post a quick note to let everyone know what's going on.  The site was closed for about 6 hours today (Feb 1, 2007) because the server had a bad drive.  Fortunately, it wasn't a problem in which we lose information.  Nothing was lost.  We just had to get a new drive in there and let it sync itself back up.  That's done and it was successful.  Hopefully the drive problems are a reason why we have had small glitches here and there with slow database access.  I'll keep an eye out for that to see if it helped.  Speaking of slow database problems...  The slow database problems are *THE* reason why chat was closed.  We kept seeing problems and chat was a big user of the database.  Once things a re really stable we will reopen chat.  Unfortunately, that won't happen yet.  Apologies for this.  I know a lot of people are disappointed.  :)

That's the latest...  I'll keep everyone posted. :D

Admin

Oh, that's why this morning TamaTalk didn't work.

I just want to say sorry Admin. I have been very impatient. But you have to understand, that chat keeps me sane. And you do have a life of your own to keep up with. But just chat. And that's for the update of the site being down. I wouldn't have known if you didn't tell us.

Are you saying he doesn't have a life!???

Edited by Locky458, 01 February 2007 - 05:38 PM.

HIHEAD

• hihead user photo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:40 PM ( #8 )

That would b bad if it made u lose data... :D :unsure:

Tama-Love

• tama-love user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:11 PM ( #9 )

Take your time, Admin. We all understand the problem and we hope for the best. Thank you for letting us know. :D

Tama-Love

Itachi

• itachi user photo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:25 PM ( #10 )

I hope for the best of TamaTalk.
Thanks for keeping us informed, and Good luck with the site! :blink:

::ITACHI::

Gerbils4ever

• gerbils4ever user photo

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:43 PM ( #11 )

Oh, that's why this morning TamaTalk didn't work.

Are you saying he doesn't have a life!???

The exact opposite of what you just said. I said that he DOES have a life of his own.

Honeysuckle

• honeysuckle user photo

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:33 AM ( #12 )

Couldn't we go to other sites with chatrooms? We could post in TT, but use the others websites for chatting! :)

Rensa

• rensa user photo

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:43 AM ( #13 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
I wanted to post a quick note to let everyone know what's going on. The site was closed for about 6 hours today (Feb 1, 2007) because the server had a bad drive. Fortunately, it wasn't a problem in which we lose information. Nothing was lost. We just had to get a new drive in there and let it sync itself back up. That's done and it was successful. Hopefully the drive problems are a reason why we have had small glitches here and there with slow database access. I'll keep an eye out for that to see if it helped. Speaking of slow database problems... The slow database problems are *THE* reason why chat was closed. We kept seeing problems and chat was a big user of the database. Once things a re really stable we will reopen chat. Unfortunately, that won't happen yet. Apologies for this. I know a lot of people are disappointed. :(

That's the latest... I'll keep everyone posted. :(

Admin

Thanks for letting us all know!

TamaTalk seems to be having a lot of 'offline' moments, is the bandwidth running out quickly?

~Girl~

• girl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:56 PM ( #14 )

Thats ok Admin, as long as TT is still up and running! even if the chat is not fixed!

~Girl~

Honeysuckle

• honeysuckle user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 03:54 AM ( #15 )

Sorry to look rude, or even blunt, but... :ichigotchi:
I know we all love TamaChat, but as we post, there all other things around us happening. Fights, crimes, animal testing...Child abuse...

I'm just pointing out a fact, there are worse things to worry about. Everyone is trying their best, and lets hope TC will be fixed soon.

Best wishes, Honeysuckle :kuribotchi:

daniwigg

• daniwigg user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:12 AM ( #16 )

I am sure most people will understand this. I understand that a big website like tamatalk is hard to run all the time.

daniwigg

big bob

• big-bob user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:15 AM ( #17 )

i can't wait for tamachat to come back online but until then i'm happy posting in the RP

Version-four

• version-four user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:50 AM ( #18 )

Oh okay i didnt know cos i wasnt on yesterday!

Mametchi 4ever

• mametchi-4ever user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:35 AM ( #19 )

I was worried when I found out that this happened... And anooyed.. I had to go on tt after school....

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:00 PM ( #20 )

It's totally understood Admin! I understand the problems. It's okay don't worry about it.